Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

where is the location of the fuel screw on a raptor 660. anyone got a picture or diagram. also is there two of them since there is two carbs. im trying to help my friend on his raptor and i dont know much bout raptors

I am assuming you are talking about the pilot air screw. There will be one on each carb, I believe you will find the air screws on bottom of each carb on the engine side of the float bowl. You will probably need a very short flat-head screwdriver to get to them. They should point straight up from the bottom.

is there a fuel screw kit that you can replace them with so that you can adjust them while its running without taking it apart. i was looking at other forums and something like that was mentioned

The air screw is on the outside of the carb, and can be adjusted while the motor is running. I think what you are talking about is a dial-a-jet kit, which allows you to adjsut the jetting without disassembling the carb.

so we bought the adjustable air screws for it and when we installed them it ran really good so we parked it for about 2 hours. when we came back we tried starting it and it sounded like the starter locked up. then it freed up so we looked and the air box had about two inches of gas in it. when we emptied it out there was a very slow leak of gas coming through the boots. any ideas

First off I must apologize for giving you bad info, on a four stroke there is a fuel screw, on a two stroke it is an air screw. I refered to the pilot air screw in my earlier posts, such a thing does not exist on your Raptor. I usually have two-stroke on the brain because I grew up on two-strokes and have worked more on them than I have four-strokes. That being said, your problem could be that you have a float stuck and/or a blocked over flow tube, or you may have installed the fuel screw improperly causing fuel to flow into one or both of the carb throats and thus flooded the motor and the airbox.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rick Shropshire
      Happy New Year all! Remember not to operate any vehicles while under the influence, you could get busted or worse, you could get hurt or hurt someone else who's playing it safe and end up in jail. Have fun and be safe.
    • By Johnnyhorsepower
      I finally found an awsome app for your phone that shows you on a map all the trails near your location. You can read or add reviews, look at picts...etc
      Its called: atv escape

John
    • By Rich1028
      Looking at maybe getting A Raptor 700R  in 2020

Was looking to see of anyone in here has one,had one,can you tell me your likes,dislikes,and so on!
    • By Venom
      Hi All,
      I did a total restoration on a 2003 Yamaha Raptor 80. Rebuilt the engine and tranny.. Started it up today and it runs great. Took it for a ride and the transmission worked perfectly. Adjusted the carb a little more and went for another ride. It ran awesome, pulled into the workshop shifted into neutral ( Neutral light came on) and shut off the bike. went to roll it and noticed she would not roll. Turned on the key and neutral light was on... After some troubleshooting I found that she is in first gear with the neutral light on and will not shift into neutral... It seems to up shift fine into 2nd and 3rd and then back down to 1st. I am hoping somebody can shed some light on what is happening... Thanks for any help...

• By Venom
      Hi, All

I started this project a while ago.. I have decided to make one thread I can continuously update..

So , here we go. I got this Raptor 80 in really bad condition.. Rear end frozen, Engine toast, tires dry rotted, tons of rust..etc.. They admitted they beat on it very hard.

Since they do not make these with a drive shaft anymore I decided to restore it from top to bottom..

These are photos of when I got it home.

Next up, the tear down..

First, I needed to tear it down and determine if the rear end was still good... As we all know... That is where it would be cost prohibitive to restore if it is trashed..

Got it completely stripped down and I lucked out... The rear Drum brake was caked solid inside with dried mud. That was causing the rear end to lock up. Took off the rear brakes and the rear end spun perfectly smooth.

Once I got it all stripped apart I needed to take the finish off all the parts. I am going to be powder coating the frame and many parts.. Once the finish is off each part it will need to be sandblasted to white metal .. The guy I use for powder coating gives me a hefty discount if I bring the parts to him ready to go.

You could just sand blast, but that would take a long time to get the finish off. First I used Aircraft Paint Remover.. That stuff is pretty toxic Goggles and Resperator are required. That quickly gets you down to the metal... Then you can sand blast to white metal pretty quickly...

I had another thread I had started about a problem with the tear down... It has some great info .... here is the link... It is about removing the frame bushings. ....

https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/14209-raptor-80-frame-bushings/?tab=comments#comment-104702
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Hayden Pahnke
      Bought brand new petcock and carbetator, turned air fuel needle out 2 turns and machine still acts like its starving 4 fuel on top end. Any ideas?
    • By Brad Leeson
      What's going on party people? First, thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be here. I recently purchased a 2005 yrs 450 and have yet to run the bike at full throttle. The bike fires up, idles, seems like everything runs fine except a little popping when you let off the throttle or until you hit 5th gear. It runs strong; no bogging or sluggishness until you hit 4th gear and open it up. Then it begins to act like it's out of gas or the about to be out. I can pull over and sit for 5-10 min and it runs strong again until you open the throttle. I have the carb off the bike to clean and wrote down a list of factory and what I found installed. I also listed other key factors and hope someone can help and explain. I'm new to the scene and have no prior mechanical experience but my theory is worst case scenario I have to take it to the shop anyway so why not learn. I actually enjoy it. Lol. Thanks a million. Hope to get back on the trails soon. 

• By Paul Maple
      I have a 1999 Sportsman  500, it was running fine, than started to lose power in the winter, I adjusted the idle screw and away I went, than a few weeks ago it died, I have found that i am flooding the engine, compression was at 70PSI and due to the compression release mech. i assume i am good as it compared to the same PSI on a 2000 sportsman 500 i have. i cannot start the atv unless i go full throttle and it starts an runs for about 30 sec than dies, again it is flooded. i ordered a new carb off ebay as i could get one for around $40. put that in same issue, i have checked the timing, (good), valves out of adjustment i adjusted to .006 still same issue, i have found the exhaust lobe and rocker arm to have some wear, i have ordered new ones, but am looking for any other input in this area as well. would the exhaust cam and rocker arm cause the engine to flood? i have used a bore scope and the piston liner has good cross hatching still? any input would be great.
    • By Resurgence Small Engine Inc.
      This past spring, Jonathan worked on a 1991 QuadRunner 250 that came with the fuel pump removed. We didn't find good information about connecting it online, so we made a video.
      Below is the link to watch Jonathan describe the connections on the Suzuki fuel pump. This applies to both the Quadrunner and King Quad ATV models.

Hope you find it informative!
      Resurgence Small Engine Inc.
    • By jnahnet
      Fuel line hose has a pinprick hole. And tips, suggestions or warnings about how to change it out would be appreciated.