Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Billy-Magnus

Yamaha Raptor 660 Trouble in top end

So i got a used raptor 660 was running fine then parked it for an hour or so then it started having some problems. It starts and idels fine then when you give it some gas it bogs out and bacfires. So i just went through it changed the gas, oil, and hit it with some carb cleaner and its still bogging out at higher rpms. have ridden it about an hour or so to make sure things were cleaned out, still doing it, and seems to be running very hot. help?

is their any mods done to it such as different air-filter or exhaust? tack ur plug out an tell me what the color of it is.. if it spudders at a high rpm their could be something wrong with ur carb such as a wrong jet size thats always my first guess wen problems like this occur

Yep sounds like either one of your jets is dirty maybe. I had that problem on two different quads last week.

for mods it has a yoshi pipe and a jet kit. spark plug is new, i took apart one of the carbs today and it looks very clean, wasent able to get into the other becuase of a stripped screw. im thinking it might have to be re-jetted because of the change in weather

I agree with those guys, it sounds like a jetting issue since you had a jet kit and some other mods installed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JacobSlabach
      got that 220 I'm 'servicing'..........  well it turned into a guts and oil job....  I cleaned the carb and it wont idle cold, but idles too fast when warm.  also misfires and burns rich cold (white smoke out of the exhaust)  I'm going to order a new carb since the old one is leaking and beat up (some one was tinkering)  I'm wondering about the valve clearance and timing...?  Maybe a factor?   What should the clearance be on the valves?  How should I check the timing on this bike?  (this is a mid 90s bayou 220 2x4)
    • By fatfarmboy
      Just bought (Tue. evening) an '89 Suzuki 250 4wd that has been sitting out the last 5 yrs. It's complete, including the shift knobs, battery cover, and headlights. It has the optional cooling fan on it (probly stuck - didn't check), and the engine isn't locked up. Plastic looks good and isnt cracked. Racks aren't bent up. Shift lever works, the foot brake moves (needs oil - have to pull it up by hand), and there's black oil and no water in the engine sight glass. Guy was asking $125 and gladly took $100 for it. Anxious to get started on bringing it back to life. Been wanting one of these for years. As soon as I can get to it (working on a junky "Jackel" right now - Chinese Yamaha Timberwolf). I'm going to pull the tank off it and clean it, clean & possibly rebuild carb, put in new plug, and a battery, then see what happens. If nothing, will keep going until it runs. Feel free to respond if you want to, I'm mainly just excited and wanted to tell somebody. 
    • By RDALE352
      My Rancher cranks right up and runs great for a while and then it will suddenly sputter out and die. It usually cranks right back up and again runs great for a while and then same thing. Yesterday it got to where it acted like it wasn't going to crank back up a few time but eventually did. Any suggestions??
    • By Wolds Alpacas
      Hello all.  I have just stripped down the carb on my YFM225 as it is not running right.
      I put it in the ultrasonic cleaner for half an hour and it has done a good job.
      Nice clean jets but when I go full throttle it backfires, and there is a lack of power.
      It also does not seem to take fuel in properly - it comes out the petcock ok so it is running freely enough, but it is not drawing into the carb.
      If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

• By Brutus25
      Little history, when it would get hot it would loose power, backfire and quit. Let it sit for an hour and it would crank right up, that is why I suspect the coil is bad. It ran when I brought it home from hunting but now the starter isn’t working thus I’m thinking relay or fuse. Engine will turn over with pull start but won’t start. Also the winch solenoid just clicks but winch won’t work. I’ve replaced the rear axles, wheel bearings, brakes, ignition switch, tires carb rebuild and other stuff and I’m frustrated and tired of working on it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Ajmboy
      This is more of an informational fix I wanted to share..
      My Grizzly has been getting harder and harder to shift this winter and today was completely stuck and I needed to plow the few inches that came down this morning. First thought...oh no, tranny...but it’s winter and maybe it’s iced up. I pulled off the plastic to see what was going on and indeed I did find the drain tube iced up. 
      I took the blow dryer out and de-iced it. Quick fix, I never really thought about the shifter drain tube icing up before, shifts like new!

FA04AC3B-4FB0-4764-AFD9-1492F5CC790B.MOV
    • By Matt Dyche
      Can anyone give me guidance on my issue. I have a 02 Grizzly 660 and replaced the wet clutch, primary shaft, one way bearing.  Today I was riding since I tested and was driving about 20-25 mph and all of a sudden the tires locked up, heard a screeching sound, and engine died.  Didn’t have a clue what was going on, decided to try and restart, engine turned over normal but engine hesitated slightly, started and had to assist with the throttle.  It seemed to do this for a minute then seemed to straighten out.  Got home, pull clutch cover and test drove to witness clutch operation and everything looks and sounds perfect.  Could not duplicate.  Please help. 
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html