Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

rbanster

Is this a 1991 Suzuki QuadRunner 300 4WD?

Hello all, just bought my first ATV today at a local government disposal auction. A buddy who knows a little about them advised me and I spent $1300.00CDN - plastic is a little rough but it seems to run well and no obvious mechanical issues. According to the auction catalog it is a 1991 Suzuki LT F4 but I can't find anything on line - I'm looking for advice about where I can find manuals etc. Also simple stuff like changing oil, key fluid levels to check and how and what should I be checking mechanically.

Thanks

DOUBLE POST, DOUBLE POST, the super mod posted the same thing twice, and I cought him hahaha. Ahem, anyway, a picture would help someone tell you what you have, or you can call the dealer and give them the VIN #. Or enter the model that Bot suggested into your search engine and try to find an image to compare.

A little late for that much coffee, huh? LOL I don't know why it did a double post...weird?????

It is almost impossible to find any info off of that model number. I think that is the actual model number of a King Quad.

I'm not familiar with that model. Can you post a picture?

Will hopefully get some pics this weekend will post then.

Thanks

I found this forum. Can't hurt to give it a try..

Click Here>suzuki lt f4 1991 wdxm forum

The same site has a parts list.

Click Here>suzuki partsmanual fiche lt f4 1991 wdxm partslist

Maybe you can find everything you need there, but don't leave us. :biggrin:

I also would like to see a picture of your quad if you can. (It's a Quad Thing) :GEEK:

Thanks for that I'll check it out!

Ok, so got to drive my new toy today - first time I have ever driven a motor bike of any kind - it was a blast! Also took some pictures - and found a label with Model No. LT-F4WX from my reserach I'm beginning to suspect it may be a 1991 Suzuki QuadRunner 300 4WD. Anywau please check out the pics and let me know if you recognize the model for sure.

I checked out the forum suggested in one of the earlier replys it was a parts list but no owners manual - checked my local ATV dealer and was told manual no longer availabe. I really need something like an owners manual so I at least can check and change oil and other relevant fluids and do some basic maintenance - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry can't upload pics keep getting error message "THis is not a valid image format" - tried JPG and PNG - they are up on my Facebook page Roger Bannister | Facebook

Thread title changed to: Is this a 1991 Suzuki QuadRunner 300 4WD?

And does anyone have a manual to sell or for free :biggrin: if it is!

Thanks Dirt Demon!

No problem. If you search ebay a bit, you might be able to find a better price on that manual. I bought one for my Honda about two years ago for less than $20.

No problem. If you search ebay a bit, you might be able to find a better price on that manual. I bought one for my Honda about two years ago for less than $20.

So I now have a manual, I ended up ordering a new one online from Clymer - the correct model number is LT-4WDX - it is a 280CC engine. I'm planning on doing oil and oil filter change, new sparkplug and thinking about changing the front differential fluid.

Any suggestions for any other minor maintenance items I should be thinking about?

Thanks, Roger

Give the wheels a good shake, you want to check for worn wheel bearings and ball joints. Also, give the boots on your CV joints a good look, make sure there are no rips or tears, if you lose the grease in there the joints will go bad in no time.

That's greta advice DD.

That machine has 4WD and Diff lock, right? You can also take a look at your brake adjustments, I believe there is a cable adjusten't on that model for the rear brakes.

Sounds like you are getting some good advice Roger. Glad you are here at QuadCrazy!! Welcome.

Also check for grease zerks. I know Suzuki had some in the 80's. Not to sure about you 91.