Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I went riding at friends track on my Banshee in mx trim about a month ago and by the end of the weekend i was riding around on his crf250r and i just had to have one. I ended up trading a guy bike for bike. I traded him my 02 warrior 350 for an 04 crf250r with 20 hours on it. I still have a my Banshee but 2 wheels sure are a ton of fun...

We have been riding every weekend at either my buddies track, eagles roost, or a couple other local tracks. Ive had my 250 for about 3 weeks and already crashed jumping a 50ft table top. here are some pics of my bike and some of our riding.

Just after my first ride...

DSCN2992.jpg

DSCN2993.jpg

Jumping my Banshee in mx trim. +2 arms, stock swinger, 18's rear, 19's front

banshee2-3.jpg

banshee1-1.jpg

Randy on his 400ex jumping the on/off

DSCN2925.jpg

Austin on his 250 jumping the tabletop

DSCN3032.jpg

Austin with a little scrub

DSCN2969.jpg

DSCN3007.jpg

Austin throwing around his cr85

DSCN2934.jpg

you should probably check those valves and the piston. hondas have been known to blow up, then your out $1000

Im a mechanic, trust me they get checked. exhaust .011 and intake .005 right on specs...

one more ride and ill have to change the oil for the third time.

I love my bike. I havn't ridden my Banshee since i bought my bike.

Yeah, Honda's are known to keep on going without maintenance. I wouldn't do it but I know plenty of people that don't and their machines are still running.

Good advise on checking the valves and stuff but Honda makes machines that last.

Yeah, Honda's are known to keep on going without maintenance. I wouldn't do it but I know plenty of people that don't and their machines are still running.

Good advise on checking the valves and stuff but Honda makes machines that last.

my friend has a crf 250 and its blown up 5 times already...

im not a huge fan of hondas..but i have to agree with u bot honda defiantly builds stuff that lasts.. i saw a man on a honda recon go in up to the handle bars stalled in the water got winched out... after a few cranks the damn thing started up and he was driving around for the rest of the day.. haha

not going to jack the thread..so back onto topic i really like the crf250r jigolbeep and good luck with it.. got any plans for it?

Edited by outlander560

Who is rebuilding it for him? Something is being done wrong. Is he seizing it or blowing the rings...what's going on? If he is running the wrong kind of oil, jetting, bad air filter, not enough oil...there are lot's of things that could cause it. Even the best of them drop a lemon here and there.

How does he ride it? If he's always bouncing off the rev limiter, that can be an issue.

his dad rebuilds it for him. and he knows wat hes doing...i think? lol. but he rides the piss out of it, so that could be why it blows up all the time.

I have a friend who rides a CRF 250R, she loves it too. It's pretty quick too, she can almost keep up with me on my LTR.

not going to jack the thread..so back onto topic i really like the crf250r jigolbeep and good luck with it.. got any plans for it?

thanks i really dont know what all i want to do... i just got some black n-style number plate back grounds and i've got to get some #s so i can start racing the beginners class in the near future... this winter i am probably going to tear my wheels down and have my buddy josh coat them black with gold or red hubs and probably have him coat some other stuff too... Ill end up getting an exhaust and probly go through the head and put in better seats, valves, springs and keepers and maybe a little porting. Truethfully i think if i get my jetting spot on it wouldnt need much more power to haul me around.