Quantcast

Who here Still Rides on 3????

• 2 weeks later...

Hi..I still ride them..I have an 86 350x and a 87 tecate..Tecates almost done..I have all the parts to finish i just have to get off my as*..There isn't very good riding for trikes in Jerey..I end up staying on my BF most of the time..But when the riding's good for them I never use anything but the trikes..What ya ride..

That is Fantastic!!! Love the 3 Wheeled Thingies....:wacko:

Anyway,,,Here are my rides.....

85 Tri-Z 250....Just Finished After A year of Ground Up Resto...

86 Tri-Z 250 Drag Monster...."Zeus"

85 350X....Torque Monster....Cant beat it in the Trails...

78 ATC70...Gonna Tear it down and do a Full Resto....

03 250EX for the Wife

06 TRX90 for my youngest...

Just sold the 83 200X I just finished to Daily Driver Specs...

And I have had Numerous Trikes in past yrs.....

Ive owned the 110,200M and First Gen. 250R, and 85 and 86 250R's NEW....Just Gotta Love the The fact that these machines are the START OF IT ALL....

So when all of you Golf Cart Riders See one of us commin...Get off and BOW DOWN as we Pass ya!!!! LMFAO!!!!:wacko:

Check us out over at www.3wheeler.org I have the same user name..:biggrin:

Sooooo,,,,I see people lookin at the Post.....But no Replies....

So I am just gonna have to Guess that everyone here needs the Extra Training Wheel????

:biggrin::shocked::biggrin:

I have two extra training wheels, and you have one. :tongue:

The last Two Wheeled contraption that I owned was back in 74..Honda Z50 :biggrin::shocked:

You need to plan on the BIG RIDE Next year...Start lookin for a 3 Wheeled thingy now....Check the Events page for Details:wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Sooooo,,,,I see people lookin at the Post.....But no Replies....

So I am just gonna have to Guess that everyone here needs the Extra Training Wheel????

:biggrin::shocked::biggrin:

I have two extra training wheels, and you have one. :tongue:

The last Two Wheeled contraption that I owned was back in 74..Honda Z50 :biggrin::shocked:

You need to plan on the BIG RIDE Next year...Start lookin for a 3 Wheeled thingy now....Check the Events page for Details:wink:

We do a huge ride evey year wit our Motorcycle group. Last year there was over 100 rider, but about 6 quads. You from around the bay area?

Hey Roostin!!!!! Not from the Bay but Close...About an Hour North of Sacramento in the Marysville/Yuba City Area....We are headed down to Pismo the first week in Aug. You and your Crew are Welcome to come on down and join in the festivities.....If it wasnt such a PITA to post pictures here I would...Ive got some good ones from our last ride at the Rampage in Oregon....

Go here and check it out....

www.3wheeler.org I have the same user name there....

Also,,,check our places to ride forum...That will give you a heads up on where we will be.....

Thanks for chatting!!!!!!

GET IT RAGGG!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey MWNE, I checked out 3wheeler.org. Man there is some sweet pix and good info like you said. :)

This post says you rip up Pismo. I was there in June for Jetmoto's annual shin dig. :cool:

Be kewl if we could get some of the crew in hear, and from 3wheeler.org to set up something at that same time. I believe it was the second weekend after Memorial day. I will post something closer to the time, and maybe we can set something up. :D :D :D :D

That would be great!!!! However,,,,June 10th Through the 18th Every yr. I hit the Oregon Coast for the Annual Trike Rampage that we Hold....Biggest event of the Yr...Over 50 Trikes last yr.(Check My Sig):cool: Why not make it up for that....????? Here is all the info and the Thread if you havent already Read it.....

http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=26149

Let me know what you think....7 Months away and it is lookin like next yr. will be bigger yet:D

Now....Post me some Pictures of your Trikes....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

a have a variety but my 3 wheeler inventory is growing:

2 wheels: 03 xr50r pit bike [real HONDA, not Chinee honda]

3 wheels: 70 us90[atc90] in resto right now, has folding bars

77 atc90, CLEAN, purch 11-9-08, ready to rock

81 atc110, ready to rock

80 atc185, ready to rock

4 wheels: 01 Yamaha raptor660r, ready to rock

hey there's a atc185s south of me [LaPine OR] kid wants 450, could get it for less...he says it's in good shape but I have not seen it. He needs the money= let's make a deal!

:wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a die hard 3 Wheeler!!! Ive been riding them since 12yrs old.

A few years ago I bought my first....AND LAST quad!! Its a Ultility Quad and it has a purpose (Im still trying to find out what). I will be posting pics of it on this forum soon.

My main ride is my 1985 350X. Ive owned it for 20yrs now. I also have a 1986 350X. The motor has been totally rebuilt and Im deciding what I want to do with it. Maybe a trail bike. Maybe a dragger. Maybe I will sell it!! :wink:

honda350x.com

bikepics-985141-800.jpg

bikepics-985139-800.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

a_28.jpg

bikepics-985149-800.jpg

bikepics-985141-800.jpg.43aa6732c0b0ca48d827367c10128da6.jpg

bikepics-985139-800.jpg.085aee27eedef91e353d789a9fc3e0a5.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg.70b65442acdebb249ec2bd0e7673e207.jpg

a_28.jpg.69bf83d57dd8fd1e9df791fb62caf0c7.jpg

bikepics-985149-800.jpg.b1f7f334c24797d44375fb2d186e8fbb.jpg

Edited by GeoD

Thx TM!!! That clutch cover on your R looks fantastic. Nice job!!

Its taken a long time to get my bike where I want it. (little here and there for yrs)

I also clean it really good after each ride. You will see on the last pic above that I have no problem getting it dirty. Usually during the winter (my off season) I clean, wax, and maintain the bike top to bottom.

The bike looks exceptionally clean in the pics above because I had the bike apart to redo the steering head bearings, new front shock assembly, new front disc brake and pads, new front wheel bearings. I also rebuilt the entire rear with an aluminum 2ble row bearing carrier, axle, sprocket, and rear brake assembly (all brand new). All the aluminum was hand polished before the event. I also refinished the rear fender before the event (QuadFest 07). Again, it didn't last long!! LOL!!

Below are some pics of the rear during and after the rebuild:

01.jpg

02.jpeg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

01.jpg.bf04c95cadff2060e6cfd7a34e07e4b1.jpg

02.jpeg.13520ba179d66968c93ef27119c38254.jpeg

03.jpg.21f1db2c5d6b946111f825f5ef325786.jpg

04.jpg.310a7c1264a11b9a56f9da7445193b4a.jpg

05.jpg.eb5cc66b6cc04ae2c3c0a409f07e3668.jpg

Edited by GeoD

Your R is looking very sweet!!! I wish I could ride on dunes. All we have here is coal hills, mud, dirt, rocks, and other rough terrain.

The new front shocks are nice. I want to upgrade them to Progressive springs and different weight fork oil. The seals only lasted two years. Time to rebuild again! I want to get my old ones polished and rebuild them with Progressive Springs. While Im replacing the seals on the shocks Im probably going to get the trips polished. That's one more thing crossed off my "to do list".

As you said, it never ends. Im always tinkering and adding things to it. Right down to my front shock mascots!! LOL!!! My bike is almost exactly how I always wanted it. Not too much more to do and then I can park it an never ride it again!! LOL!! NOT!!!

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg.7ad811dbb225e26ccc1f47ff85e99ce7.jpg

I never rode a 2 stroke so I can't really compare 2 stroke to 4 stroke. But, back when I was 19 I was looking for a 200X. My buddy bought one out from under me (nice friend eh!?) and I couldn't find one anywhere (I wish the internet was around back then). Then one day I saw a 350X for sale. It was a total POS but I bought it anyway. It turned out the motor ran like a champ. The rest of the bike was trashed. But I fixed it up a bit and rode the nuts off it. Ever since my first run with it I was hooked. I sold that 350X and bought the 85 I currently own (shown in the pics).

My brother bought a sweet 200X for his son and was looking for another 200X for himself. I kept telling him he should buy a 350X. He was intimidated by my bike (he never rode it) and kept saying the 200X was plenty big for him. I told him he's taller and heavier than me and the 350X would fit him better then a 200X. I also told him he would get a 200X and we would go riding and we would switch and he would be kicking himself in the arse for not getting a 350X. Turns out he found a 86 350X and bought it. He loves it and is very glad I talked him into the 350 instead of the 200.

One day I want to take a 250R for a spin and feel the difference. I hear its night and day compared to riding a 4 stroke. One day.....

Edited by GeoD

Works Performance sells some replacement shocks for our ATCs. They are quite expensive but they are comparible to Ohlins. I would shop around a bit before dropping the cash. Works also offers a gut replacement. You give them your shock and they replace the stock guts with their parts and recharge your reservoir. The price is a fraction of what a brand new shock would cost you.

I don't know if you have a service manual for your R. But if not, here is a link to dload one:

http://honda350x.com/manuals/81-84atc250rservicemanual.pdf