Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Carrie

1989 Yamaha Breeze plug issues

Hi there, I just bought a 1989 yamaha breeze 125 for my daughter, and I seem to be blowing plugs after every ride....wondering if anyone knows the correct spark plug i should be using or if anyone has had the same problem?? I dont have the manual,but wondering if the guy i bought it from was using the wrong plug...once i put in a new plug it runs fine for that time then next day need to change the plug again.......thanks carrie

Caught you again Bot, you double poster you.

Carrie, your Breeze could be fouling plugs for many reasons. Fist thing, obviously, make sure you are using the right plug. If the plug is right, tell us what your bad plugs look like, take a good picture if possible that will help alot.

Hey there, ok I took some pics of the plug, but I cant seem to upload them...I think my file size is to big...and i have no idea how to decrease the size...if you would like I could email them to you if that helps....but I will describe what it looks like.... When I remove the plug it is very black, not overly wet, but appears to be full of carbon! The plug Im using is an NGK CR7HSA. Thanks.

Sounds to me like she's running too rich. You might have a fuel mixture screw on the carb that you can adjust. I doubt it was jetted.... Is it all original? Are you getting smoke out of the tailpipe when you are running? If so, is it black?

I agree, that you are probably running rich, or you are getting some oil in the combustion area. Follow ATV mechcanics' suggestion on the fuel screw, it is probably on the left side of the carb or on the bottom, just to the front of the float bowl. Is your air filter clean? A compression test can tell you alot as well. You should be able to clean those plugs with some fine sandpaper and re-use them. Like Stoopidbot said, an image hosting site makes posting pics easy, I use photobucket myself.

I don't know why it is making me double post???

You don't have to be a jerk about it!:laugh:

I don't know how else to be, mean is just in my nature.:reddevilc::aargh:

Yes, you are fouling plugs.

plug3.jpg

plug1.jpg

plug2.jpg

Agreed with the above. You are probably running too rich.

Those are pics of Carrie's plugs, had them emailed to me.

Hey there, thanks for the info....yes it is all original! No have not noticed any smoke from the tailpipe...my daughter has only driven it a few times.....will check the fuel mixture screw and get back to you.....THanks.

Good luck, remember to check that air filter, a dirty filter could very well be your problem. I would do that before messing with the carb adjustments. I should have been more clear about that when I posted earlier, sorry.

Hey there, thanks for the info....yes it is all original! No have not noticed any smoke from the tailpipe...my daughter has only driven it a few times.....will check the fuel mixture screw and get back to you.....THanks.

Carrie, how did you make out with this? Any update?