Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

chrisok1

Elecrical output from beartracker flywheel.

Hi All,

i have a yamaha beartracker which is not charging and I'M looking to test the elecrical output fom the stator/rotor to check if all is well in that department. just wondering if anyone can tell me what readings for voltage/current I should be getting if the electrics are healthy? also could some one direct me to a wiring diagram on the net or post one if possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Chrisok1

You should buy a manual, it is a must have for anyone who works on their own machines. You can call your local dealer and get the test specs for the components you need to test.

Thanks DirtDemon,

I have a manual ordered at the moment but just wanted to get at it soon as possible. I'll try the dealers for the specs though, Thanks again.

output charging rate should be no less that 13.5v to battery

if not check stator continuity to ground an to each other

no coutinuity to ground and continuity to themselves are good

if okay check stator out put should be around 20 acv at idle and about 75acv at 5000rpm

if good replace regulator

if not good check stator and fly wheel

Thanks for the help yimcyco,

traced the problem back to the stator/flywheel so i pulled it off to check it out. Turns out the owner had let it run low on oil and the stator windings at the higher level have burnt out so I'm on the trail of a second hand stator now. Hopefully be able to source one soon.

Thanks again for the help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Asen_77
      Hi All,
      My name is Asen and I am from Eastern Europe, Bulgaria. Riding a Yamaha Raptor 700R and this is my first Quad wanted for a vey long time :)

• By wayde theriault
      Hello, I just bought a 2006 ttr125 and the guy said it needed a new carb because gas was leaking out the overflow and he couldn’t find out what was wrong with it, I opened it up and messed with the float and I couldn’t figure it out myself so I just ordered a $30 carb off of amazon. I installed it and it seemed to run great around the yard but when I got on the road and started picking up speed it seems to just turn off once I slow down and down shift. I don’t know it’s like if I go to fast it will just completely die and right after it dies it won’t start, the es won’t work nor will the kick start, I have to wait a good 30 minutes before I can start it and it runs fine again. Anything helps! Thanks    
    • By Tinscissors 428
      I have a 01 blaster kickstart won’t work but bump start does work
    • By Ajmboy
      Unfortunately I didn't notice some of the rust hitting the undercarriage of my 2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660, but saw it the other day when I was doing some maintenance, oil change, air filter, spark plug, etc. The left side footrest broke and that's causing the plastic to hit the front wheel. It broke right at the welds from too much rust. Looks to me like what I need is (looked this up on yamahapartshouse.com):
      YAMAHA FOOTREST BOARD 5KM-27481-10 Left side (broken)
      YAMAHA FOOTREST BOARD 5KM-27488-10-00 Right side (rusted and will probably break eventually)

Does anyone have a less expensive source? I did see on ebay a couple of listings but it still comes out to @ $50 each, 
    • By StolenATV
      Blue and White Raptor 90
      White, Black and Yellow Raptor 90
      Blue and White WR450F Motorcycle
      VIN’s for ATVs
      RF3AB11Y2HT006593
      RF3AB11Y5HT006815
      Stolen from the yard at my home at night on 10/26/19.
      $2,000 reward for information leading to their return.
      The post Two (2) Stolen Yamaha Raptor 90 ATVs and a Yamaha WR450F Motorcycle appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Steve1981
      View File 2001 Yamaha Bear Tracker Full Service Manual
      Figured I would share what I had. This really helped me out. Tinkering with my wife's atv now, so Looking for a 96 Polaris Xpress 300 service manual, preferably a free download.
      Submitter Steve1981 Submitted 09/29/2018 Category Yamaha ATV  
    • By Steve1981
      Figured I would share what I had. This really helped me out. Tinkering with my wife's atv now, so Looking for a 96 Polaris Xpress 300 service manual, preferably a free download.
    • By Keith Broom
      Power on turns over no spark. I replaced the coil, still no park . 
      I replaced the cdi box no spark .
      I replaced the stator and pickup .no spark. PLEASE TELL ME MY PROBLEM 
    • By BeardedBackWoods
      So we have a 2000 BearTracker 250cc. We got hit by a tornado and it got flooded out. Water was well over the handle bars and it actually moved almost 40 yards by the water. Anyway, I've pulled the carb and drained the tank. New fuel and a "clean" carb. It fires right up first crank like it used to but bogs down after you try and give it any gas. Think it could still be a carb issue? Carb had a fresh rebuild in April and might have 10-12 hours on it since. After we got it out, It was never started until I took the carb off and cleaned it along with draining the tank. Carb has now been off twice with no differences. Any other ideas?
      also the water seems to never end in the exhaust. I've gotten out as much as I could but it's still steaming quite a bit like there's more in there. Could this be the problem? I've never had an ATV get flooded out like this one before. Any help or other ideas would be great. Thanks yal. 
    • By anthonyd256
      I have a 99 Yamaha bear tracker and I have converted the front brakes from drum to disc fairly easy but I cant figure out how to convert the rear with out hacking apart the rear arm. tried to use parts from a wolverine since the rear arms look similar but the caliper mount didn't line up on the bear tracker axle. Can anyone give me any clues or has anyone successfully converted the bear tracker rear brakes. I would even purchase a conversion kit if there is one. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.