Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

My Sons first Race!!

Well,,,,We had a Few Problems right off the Bat...Im still Very Irritated about it....You see....Our Digital Camera AND our Digital Video Camera Both Started working improperly....the DC Wont Focus anymore and the VC would not Record nor would it show anything in the View Finder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So,,,,We did get some Really out of Focus pictures for you to enjoy!!! I called Canon on the VC this morning and apparently there is a Recall because of that Problem....But it will not be back in time for his Second Race....

Garrett did Very well last night...He was the Slowest in his Age group but then again,,,,His competitors were all almost Nine on 8 Thousand Dollar Quads...But he had a GREAT time...He Raced 4 times and each race was 8 laps...Each time he was Faster...He did Very Well in the Traffic and Kept a Good line all the way around the Track....Lisa and I were at different parts of the Track and we had a Few friends there as well at different spots...He knew where we were and took our Hand Signals Excellently!!! You know.....the (WAVE, WAVE, WAVE, GO GO GO !!!!!! Signal) He would Punch it when we did that and sometimes give us a Thumbs Up!!! LOL!!!! He made a Few Friends there too....He cant wait until Practice next Tuesday and then Race again on Friday....So that is all,,,,Here are the Sucky Pictures.......

HPIM3431.jpg

HPIM3432.jpg

HPIM3434.jpg

HPIM3440.jpg

HPIM3444.jpg

Awesome, glad everything went good for ya except for the cameras. Is he hooked?? I know thats a dumb question as it easy to get hooked once ya do it. And bein slow is in the first race is normal just wait until he is doin stuff that puts a big ole smile on your face and makes your butt pucker up...lmao

I never thought I would have that much fun...I mean,,,I enjoy the hell out of Riding with him on the Trails and Dunes but this just got my Blood Pumping...;):cool:

Anyway,,I fixed my Digital Camera Problem....

I went and bought the Canon Rebel XTI 10.2 MP....This baby shoots 5 Frames a Second with a 14 Frame Burst!!!!:cool: Fantastic Pictures too...

s0151395_enl.jpg

Thank you!!!! And,,,I will be sure to keep ya posted.....I've been playing with the new camera and some of the software this morning...I manipulated one of the pictures from the old camera to make it look like SOMETHING....This was the best I could make it look....

DPP_0001.jpg

Also,,,,Here are some pictures of his bike....I dont think I ever posted them before....

Taken with the new camera....

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Just playin with the New Camera....Never had a Nice camera like this...This will take some Getting used to....BTW...If any of you Read the Thread I started in the Modification section on Drilling the AirBox...I was Wrong....Well,,,Not Entirely....Its fine until 3/4 Throttle...After that she She is Starvin for Fuel....Main jet and needle will be Changed and moved this weekend...I will post my findings....:D

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

The parts of the Track that I would really like to take Pictures of are too far for the Flash...Maybe I can Wiesel my way out there and get some better shots next time....

This was his Second Practice Since his First Race....He is getting Faster,,,Not as fast as the other kids yet, but when he is as old as them, He should be...Just the Smile on his Face, the Thumbs up he gives me out on the Track, and the High 5's when he comes in almost Brings a Tear to my eye:o

GP2.jpg

GP4-1.jpg

GarrettPractice.jpg

I wish I could get to different parts of the Track for you...Ill do my Best next time...I have about 100 more Shots of all the other Kids Flyin through the Air...It just takes so Damn long to Download, Resize and Fix these pictures that I havent done it yet...Plus Trying to Figure out the Different Things on the Camera is pissin me off...Tryin to get the All Manuel Modes down...But have to account for several different Factors to get a Quality Picture...Also,,,Im trying to hunt down a Low Light 50mm(no Focus) Lens for Higher Quality pictures inside this arena...However,,,,None of the camera Stores are Stocking them for some reason...So if you know of one or you have one HELP A BROTHA OUT!!!!!

I will leave you with one last Shot:D

WORD!!

IMG_0626.jpg

Oh and one other thing I just noticed....My Wife is Wearing her TRIKE RAMPAGE Hoodie....That has brought a Tear to my Eye:D

Where can I get one? Are they available to all TRIKE LOVERS? :D If so I would like one. Can I order one somewhere, or can you get me one and I'll buy it from you when we meet up in Pismo? :cool: :cool:

Keep the pix coming. :)

Those Hoodies are long gone....Im in Charge of the Shirts and Hoodies this yr.....

Visit this thread http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=27289 for the Poll on the Design this yr....Just let me know what you want, Size, Shirt or Hoodie, Both....Not sure on the Price yet though....However,,,,If you Sponser My Son with a New Tricked out Race Quad I may be able to HOOK you up:D

On a Different Note....Races were Good last night...Expecially since Canon Fixed my CamCorder:cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnQhMoXnelM]YouTube - Garretts Race[/ame]

Those Hoodies are long gone....Im in Charge of the Shirts and Hoodies this yr.....

Visit this thread http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=27289 for the Poll on the Design this yr....Just let me know what you want, Size, Shirt or Hoodie, Both....Not sure on the Price yet though....However,,,,If you Sponser My Son with a New Tricked out Race Quad I may be able to HOOK you up:D

On a Different Note....Races were Good last night...Expecially since Canon Fixed my CamCorder:cool:

I think I'd like a hoodie. Never know maybe both. I am a med/large. I had to vote for the two Rs. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Oh and BTW.....Doug called me last night....Put the Carb on and she Fired right up and Idled and Revved just Fine.....thumbup

Sweet!!!!biggrin

Sorry to hear about the miss adding, but 2 points out of fourth and there 3 and 4 years older. And prolly been racing for alot longer then Garrett.thumbup

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess I missed your Post......:eek:

He rides in Marysville CA,,,,Indoor Track for now until they get the one Built outside....I keep offering my Assistance(I operate Equipment) but they think they can do it in a Timely manner....(its been since last Feb.) LMAO!!!!

Anyway,,,,Where in OR are you....I ride up there ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!! Just got back from Winchester Bay about a Month ago....Heading up to Diamond Lake at the end of this month to ride in the Snow with the Sand Wizards Racing Group then back up again(probably Winchester again) for the Dune Clean up in April,,,,then again in June and Sept....LMAO!!!! I might buy Some property one of those times Im there.....Sand Access would be COOL!!!!!!!!:laugh: Hit me up.....We are always looking for Sand Stars!!!!