Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

lamaredskin

2007 arctic cat 700 efi wont run

just bought this used and seems to die. it starts after along time. in neutral can run but as soon as i shift it will run but seems to die. please help. belt is flashing on lcd but would this still cause it to die?

The belt or clutches would make sense. I would start by looking there.

I have to agree with DD...

Disconnect the battery for 30 min or so. make sure you disconnect the batter and not just pull the fuse. See if the led pod resets. I don't recall a belt light or problems except on the v2s.

changed the belt and disconnected the battery lcd still flash belt. run alot better tink it was bad gas but still cant figure out the lcd

When you put the belt on did you use a bolt from the case to spread the secondary? This will allow the belt to fit on the primary. How about the dry side of the case was there belt dust or debris in there? Did your rollers travel up and down freely? Make sure you use red loctite when reassembling.

Not related but did you change your spark plug? Does the bike have snorkels or an aftermarket exhaust?

no belt light on the 07 700 efi`s, if its flashing belt, the display has been replaced with the wrong one. How do I know this? it happened to me when i brought the machine in for a dead display and it was replaced with the wrong one. WoW runs like sh*t.

Just following up, how did you make out so far?

Just following up, how did you make out so far?

Bump, any update on this?

I started a new thread for you, it is titled, 2006 Artic Cat 700 won't run, not to be confused with this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Aaron Ruiz
      Hey I'm new to the Forum but I just wanted to talk about my Scrambler I just picked up and when I first picked it up I thought it was okay but after I got home and everything I noticed it's very hard to shift into drive neutral reverse it is possible to shift into those gears but it's very stiff like and it takes a lot for it to actually engage to move forward. In Drive when I press on the gas it takes a while for it to actually start moving in the RPMs go up before it starts moving I inspected the belt it looks fine to me I checked the transmission fluid and it was low so I put some. I just hope transmission is not out just curious if you guys have any ideas
    • By TWiST
      New user and first time quad owner. I recently got a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500 and am really excited to start working on it! I work in IT for a living and am an experienced mechanic, so at least I am not starting at 0 haha.  Looking forward to hanging out and getting to know everybody!
    • By bcsman
      So need some recommended maintenance I should do with my 1998 Foreman 450ES.  I didn't get much info as to what had been done so what's the things I should perform to start me from square one?  I'm not a mechanical genius but can do the basics.  I did adjust the toe today so I'm not a nooby.
    • By Steven Alter
      I have a 2018 450 and the digital gause has started flashing on an off while driving. The backlit also goes on and off. It is worse when I hit the gas. The battery died a few weeks ago and I jumped it but its been fine until last night. Called the dealer and showed them a vid and they recommend replacing the gauge and its like 600 bucks. The machine has less than 100 hours on it. I would really hate to have to change it out. also the unit sometimes has trouble starting. Any ideas?
    • By DKW
      Just got the above mentioned quadrunner. First one ever. Always been a small engine tinkerer but figured I'd need a little help on this one. 

• Similar Tagged Content

• By mikeexplorer
      Wiring diagram for 2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI 4x4

• By gregj49
      Blows out black smoke when you rev it up how do you adjust the carb?
    • By toonces
      I'm wanting to run Shell Rotella T6 synthetic in the 700 Griz but I can only find it in either 0W-40 or 5W-40 weights, and the manual says it's ok to use everything BUT those weights...5W-30, 10W-30, 10W-40, 15W-40, 20W-40 and 20W-50.
      Would it be ok to use the Rotella 5W-40 or do I need to stick to what's specified in the manual?
    • By chevyboy
      AL righty I did some trading around this weekend and ended up picking up a few 4 wheelers for cheap. I ended up with this one for $500 in it total and well the guy told me it dropped a valve. I haven't really messed with it at all. But this weekend I am going to try and start working on it some to get it running before winter time frame. So what I am asking is a couple of questions.
      1. First off where do I start I tried pulling the pull cord and could not get it to move at all.
      2. I need to get a service manual for this 4 wheeler where can I get it downloaded for free?
      3. what do I need to look for and how do I go about this really. I do have experience with 4 wheelers but this one is a little different to me than others because its a V2 and I have no clue where to start internal on the engines. Most of my experience is on the outside portion of troubleshooting on theses wheelers.
      Please no smart butt answers as i am new to here but just wanted opinions on where to start. Please and thanks wink: