Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

warrior350

Lift Kit & Wheel Spacers? 1996 Kawasaki Bayou 300 4x4

I bought a 96 bayou 300 4x4 would like a little more clearance underneath as i plan to use this to plow this winter for a few people. the problem is that with the plow on i cannot load the atv on my own as the mount area of the push bars catches on my tailgait. Would a high lifter lift and wheel spacers to maintain the width be a good idea or a bad idea? let me know as i have never used either and this is my first Utility atv. thanks

I have heard about problems with lifts and cv boots being a problem is this true?

Welcome to the site. I myself am a sport quad guy but we have some very smart and knowledgeable members. Someone will help you out soon. I have heard of the axle/cv problems with lift kits. Something about the angle of them.

Have you tried to back it in? Or is that how it's getting stuck on the tailgate? How much clearance do you need? Are we talking 2-3" or less or more? How much do you need to go up.

well im thinking that 2 inches would do and yes it happens backing in and pulling in. the main thing i need advice on is what you guys think about the lift kits and whether you think they are a good idea or not and whether the wheel spacers are worth it. the companies that sell the wheel spacers recommend 2.5 in the rear and 1.5 in the front and i dont know anyone else around here that has tried a lift and spacers on a bayou300 so i am looking for direction on whether there will be problems or not before i spend the money to do this.

the highlifter lift kit is a good lift. but with the plow on you wont really see a difference. these lift kits just relocate the springs by pushing them further out and downward. The front shafts will be your main problem. between breaking at the upper or lower joint, or just popping out of the front differential. problems will occur. the rear you will no have to worry about being that it is a solid rear axle.

Wheel spacer are a good idea when lifting an atv The recommended sizes might be a little to big but i can't give you a right answer on that.

From what you have said your front spring are sagging really badly. Being that it is a 96' it has a few miles on it. The front springs are worn down, they are also very small springs to begin with. So what i have done was either:

A.) buy highlifter springs for my atv. one pair adds an extra 50lbs of loading capacity. very stiff springs and i really like them. But from what i checked i dont think they sell them for your machine.

B.) I did this for my can-am and my polaris.(I replaced the old stock springs with NEW stock springs)

-Get 2 hockey pucks(For the left and right front springs)

-Take the springs off the atv.

-Remove the springs off the shock.

-Then drill a whole through the hockey puck so it can slide on to the shock.

-Put the spring back on the shock install onto the atv.

-Presto your shocks are compressed more and you will have a lot less sagging. On the front end of your atv.

Edited by outlander560

Did you end up lifting the Bayou?

* Adjusted your thread title to include the year and make.

ya and it actually only ended up like an inch taller in the front and about inch and a half in the rear. wasnt really impressed and the wheel spacers i put on were great but they seemed to add alot of bumpsteer so i took them back off.

I got a 1991 klf300 4x4....... For the front of mine I used the coilovers out of the front of a 1998 attic cat 454 4x4 ...... Raised the front 2in, and stiffened the front up so the tire wouldn't rub into the upper portion of the finder.... I can also fit 26's on ITP rims with no rub