Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mudflap64

New member in Ohio

Just stopping in to introduce myself and my machine. I'm Kevin and am a first time quad owner. I've been riding snowmobiles for many years and am quite familiar with off road equipment and tractors. I am a Machinist/Toolmaker. My new quad is a 2002 Suzuki LT-F500F Quadrunner 4x4 with 950 miles. I bought it from my girlfriends brother because he blew the tranny in his truck and needed the cash! We just moved into a house this past summer with a 450 ft long driveway so I figured I'd help him out with some $$$ and maybe put a plow on the quad for our driveway , so I have the new quad. It needed a battery right from the start and some TLC just to make it look more like a usefull machine. It runs good but does have some problems I will be asking about once I get to know it, and once I get to know this forum. I welcome any insight as to what I might look for on this machine. ( Common problems, fixes, etc. ) Thanks for looking :seeyac:

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! Have you decided on a plow/winch setup?

AJMboy, No I have not decided on a plow set-up yet. I'm open for suggestions. I'm thinking a plow that is tiltable would be better for my long driveway. I've been looking at some of the set-ups out there but I'm just not sure what will be best.

Well thank you. I did end up with a nice plow for the new toy. I got a Moose 55" plow and a Warn #1500 winch to lift it. With the the push tube, plow, plow mount, winch, and winch plate was just under $800.......I guess I could've done it a little cheaper but right now it is WELL worth the $$$$. This thing can move some snow!!!!!:yes:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Arizona
      So a few weeks ago ended up buying a 02 Bayou 300 for 100.00
      Get there to see it and motor was gone through and parts missing, stuff not connected
      and a big freekin bucket of parts and bolts. He said had no power and mechanic said it was
      the wrist pin. Ended up leaving it in pieces and left like that. I end up getting most of it back together
      and manage to get it to fire up. I drive it and has no power! No missing just no power. I figure check 
      the timing chain as he did replace that. Well I spin the motor over and guess what!
      A blind guy could have done a better jobs. Just one question, I  loosen the top bolt on the tensioner then remove it
      right? Nothing is gonna fall inside the motor is it? just making sure, need this out before I can move the cam gear 
      to the right location. Thanks in advance Az

• By Tom Walters
      Working on 2002 700 sportsman in shop. Engine has no power. Pops and backfires at 1/2 throttle and above. Carb is clean. Good fuel flow. Checked stator output with DVA. 19v on charge coil. 6v on pulser. Would like to know if this is cdi related.
    • By JacobSlabach
      i know this isnt an atv but same type of thing.  I have a riding mower im fixing and selling for my aunt and it has a dead battery.  i jumped it off my atv and when i turn the key nothing at all happens.  i tried jumping the relay still nothing.  this is with the seat down.  you wouldnt think this mower would have issues as its a top-of-the-line brand and almost brand new (aunt found it for a good price, still got tits on tires, just sat for a couple months in a mechanic shop
    • By Mudrecon
      Haven't got a service manual for this yet so I'm flying by the seat of my pants I made myself a shifter extension to go up by the gas tank took my foot shifter off to weld it and now when I put it back on I don't seem to be able to find neutral. Is there some asinine reason that you have to do something internally when you change or remove the foot shifter? It was a simple take off weld put back on and dog bite my pecker it's not working. I hope this is something simple I've done and that's something I need brain surgery for. Cheers fellas I know y'all will have the right answers
    • By JacobSlabach
      I have a gentleman that asked me to service his bayou for him.  I have always wondered what oil should be used in atv engines?  Pros?  Cons?  What weight should be used in what type of weather?  Is there one kind that I could bulk buy and safely used in any quad I worked on or owned?  What about performance?  Engine Life?  This has always been a 🤔🤔🤔 area for me with quads as far as why you would use one type of oil over another....
      Thanks!
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Admin
      We have added a map of the 100 most recent visitors with their locations powered by Google. You can view it under the "BROWSE" section of the site. You can also click on the tacs to view who it is.
      Navigate to the "BROWSE" section, then to "MEMBER MAP" .
      Or click HERE :smile:
    • By Forrester
      Hi I have a 300 king quad breaking down when throttled . Starts and idles awe sum only revs up when I turn lights on and eventually blew high beam and then only revved on low which eventually blew .. Now with no lites no revs just idle
    • By biggreen2010
      hope I'm in the right place, not real good with forums yet, but its great to be apart of this forum:laugh:
    • By alanminz
      Good to be here. Thanx
    • By commander777
      commander777