Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

quadcrazy

January/February 2010 ATV Photo Contest

well I dont have my quad yet I get it on friday so I guess Im out of the running on this one but Ill be in on the up comming ones awsome entries tho

here is my entry.

started out as a Brand new TRX 450R when i decided to remove some excessive weight.

3.jpg

after removing the dead weight...

13.jpg

...I ended up with this...

DSC04413.jpg

Dude that is sick!!! i would love to ride it. would like to have one but not going to cut up my TRX450. Where did you get you front sprocket retainer, got to have one!

Edited by quadracer69

My Entry: 2008 Honda 450er Special Edition.170_0018.jpg

Frame: Stock, PC Candy Blue w. Teixeira Tech racing Gusset Kit

A Arms: ATV Four Play MGC +2.5

Swingarm: Stock

Steering Stem: Gibson/ Gibson Anti-vibe Clamp

Stbilizer: None

Axle: RPM Dominator II w. Race Hub

Carrier: RPm

Hubs F|R: Stock PC Candy Blue

Bars: Fasst Co. Flexx 14* Quad racer

Throttle/Clutch Lever: ASV Clutch Lever

Grips: Spider ATV Slim's

Nerfs: Rath Racing w/ Heal Guards

Bumper: IMS Classic

Front Shocks: LT Fox Racing Shox DSC

Rear Shock: Stock DeRisi Link

Rotors F|R: Driven/ Stock

Rims F|R: Stock/ Hiper Tech 3's

Tires F|R: Razr MX/ ITP MXR-6

Skid Plate: TAG Railer

Body:

Plastic: Black/ Quad Tech Hood

Graphics|Seat Cover: Stock/ Quad Tech Hump Seat

Number Backgrounds: Nac's

Handguards: Powermadd X Series

Bar Pad: Fasst Co.

Fuel Tank: Stock

Engine|Drive System:

Bore & Stroke: Stock

Displacement: 450

Cam: HRC

Carburetor: Stock FCR

Air Filter|Box: UNI/ HRC lid/Stock

Pipe|Silencer: Dasa Full Exhaust

Gearing F|R: 14/37

CDI|Killswitch: / Green wire mod/ Pro Design Killswitch

Cooling: Motul

Other: PC'ed Candy Blue: Brake Stay, Sprocket, Ft Brake Perch, Rear brake like holders. Free Flo* Vent tube.

Edited by Holeshotr15
Shortened To one Photo.

My Entry: 2008 Honda 450er Special Edition, Pics at bottom.

Chassis | Suspension | Controls:

Frame: Stock, PC Candy Blue w. Teixeira Tech racing Gusset Kit

A Arms: ATV Four Play MGC +2.5

Swingarm: Stock

Steering Stem: Gibson/ Gibson Anti-vibe Clamp

Stbilizer: None

Axle: RPM Dominator II w. Race Hub

Carrier: RPM

Locknut: Stock

Hubs F|R: Stock PC Candy Blue

Bars: Fasst Co. Flexx 14* Quad racer

Throttle/Clutch Lever: ASV Clutch Lever

Grips: Spider ATV Slim's

Nerfs: Rath Racing w/ Heal Guards

Bumper: IMS Classic

Grab Bar: Stock

Front Shocks: LT Fox Racing Shox DSC

Rear Shock: Stock DeRisi Link

Brake Lines: Stock

Rotors F|R: Driven/ Stock

Rims F|R: Stock/ Hiper Tech 3's

Tires F|R: Razr MX/ ITP MXR-6

Skid Plate: TAG Railer

Body:

Plastic: Black/ Quad Tech Hood

Graphics|Seat Cover: Stock/ Quad Tech Hump Seat

Number Backgrounds: Nac's

Handguards: Powermadd X Series

Bar Pad: Fasst Co.

Fuel Tank: Stock

Engine|Drive System:

Bore & Stroke: Stock

Displacement: 450

Cam: HRC

Carburetor: Stock FCR

Air Filter|Box: UNI/ HRC lid/Stock

Pipe|Silencer: Dasa Full Exhaust

Gearing F|R: 14/37

CDI|Killswitch: / Green wire mod/ Pro Design Killswitch

Cooling: Motul

Other: PC'ed Candy Blue: Brake Stay, Sprocket, Ft Brake Perch, Rear brake like holders. Free Flo* Vent tube.

170_0028.jpg

170_0034.jpg

170_0030.jpg

170_0027.jpg

170_0025.jpg

170_0019.jpg

170_0033.jpg

All your text will be gone at voting time and only the first pic will be used. Great looking quad

All your text will be gone at voting time and only the first pic will be used. Great looking quad

Why will all the text be deleted? I would think that a description of the machine is somewhat important. Voters should know how much work has gone into each project.

Why will all the text be deleted? I would think that a description of the machine is somewhat important. Voters should know how much work has gone into each project.

That is just how QC does it. They just take the first picture. I don't recall seeing any text in previous contest.

x2

That is just how QC does it. They just take the first picture. I don't recall seeing any text in previous contest.

I think that we should make an exception to that, like I said I think it is important for voters to know what has been modified. The theme is described as" "Best Modified From Original" is basically anything that makes your machine different from factory (OEM) original. This could be addons, mechanical modifications, graphics, exterior accessories (luggage, winches, grips, ...), tires, etc..." I think that alot of the details listed in the contest description might not be noticed or explained well enough by a single pic. For example, if I were to enter my TRX 500R, and the only thing you had to go on was this pic, then most people would not see all of the time, custom fab work and enginuity that has gone into this project. At first glance, it looks like a relatively normal '86 250R with poorly painted plastics. What you may not notice is that the frame is completely hand made from a jig built off of an actual 250R frame, or the extensive modification necessary to stuff a CR 500 motor into it and make all of the intake plumbing squeeze by the rear shock, or that the pipe was actually hand made by some one to fit the 250R frame, but is tuned for a CR 500 motor. You may not notice the +2 400ex a-arms that have been modified to work properly with the KFX 450 shocks, or the custom shock mounts that had to be made from scratch to fit them on the machine. You may not notice the modified kick starter that had to be extended out from the motor in order to clear the rear brake master cylinder, or the brace and custom machined brass bushing that keep the side cover from cracking due to the extra pressure put on it by the kicker sticking out so far from the motor. You cant see inside to see the '87 crank that has a rod that is 5mm longer than the stock '86 crank, and it would be hard to notice the spacer plate machined for me by Cometic gasket co. to compensate for the longer rod. You definately would not notice the hand fabricated adaptors that allow for the use of the twin piston 250R brake calipers on the ex spindles because the ex brakes do not cut the mustard on this machine. You would not be able to tell that the entire rear suspension is actually off of an '85 ATC 250R with the exception of the shock which is one of the only actual factory '86 TRX 250R parts on this machine aside from the front brake calipers plastics, thumb throttle and brake lever/resivior.

DSC00621-1.jpg

Edited by DirtDemon

We start a separate thread always for voting, this thread remains.

It's a photo contest, so we start a separate thread with all the photos in a row. This thread can always be referenced. Your text will remain.

Yes, first photo added will be used in the contest.

I didn't mean that QC would delete your text, I just meant that when they line up the pics for voting it won't be visible on the votong thread.

1994 POLARIS 400L 4X4

polaris.jpg

quad stripped down to bear bones. and built back up again

new suspension

2500lb gorilla winch

engine rebuilt and polished

transmission polished cleaned

new front and real DIRT DEVIL TIRES 25x8x13 in the front 25x12x12 in the back

Plastic custom painted FLAT BLACK

Racks and front bumper as well as a few other pieces painted Gloss Red

Everything else was replaced with new OEM parts

This is our 2005 blaster far from stock and 2008, 2009 Series Supercross Champion.

7329_154758406962_711666962_3486973_2591709_n.jpg

2005 blaster 200cc motor Factory 7 Fire-Breather 200cc Cylinder Kit-, Milled head, Project blaster green race plastic Project blaster vented hood, DG National Series Front Bumper: DG National Grab Bar, Moose Billet Thumb Throttle , Gibson Stearing dampner ,DuraBlue Eliminator Axle, ROLL DESIGN ATV Steering Stem, Fasst Flex Bars with anti vib dampners, 30mm Kiehn carb, reed spacer, v-force 3 reeds, American Star Long Shock A-Arms, 4 Douglas beadlock rims , 2 Razor rear tires,2 Front ITP Holeshot MXR Tires 19x6x10, Gas cap carbon fiber, Extreme Manufacturing Pro Peg Nerf Bars, Project Blaster Factory Aluminum Airbox, American Star new +4 roundhouse swing arm, rear Elka long travel duale rate rezi shock, front Triple Rate elka shocks/remote rezzi dual adj, notrology hot wire coil, lightend flywheel, barrenet clutch kevlar, after market inner and outer HD clutch basket, AMP RESEARCH LINK