Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

quadmaniac

Jeep Cherokee or Ford Explorer

Jeep Cherokee or Ford Explorer  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Jeep Cherokee or Ford Explorer

• Jeep Cherokee
    • Ford Explorer

I like the Jeep better. Never been much of a Ford guy, and Jeep offers a high performance version of the Cherokee.

well im normally a jeep person but im not into the cherokee's but given the choice of the 2 cherokee id pick...now toss a CJ5 or CJ7 in there and well id choose them over just about anything out there

It kinda depends on what you are going to do with it but if you are planning on wheeling at all I would go Jeep.

My experience with both....I cant Remember the Yr of the Jeep but it was Early 90's....Nothing but Break Downs....I also had a 91 Exploder,,230K miles at Trade in and only had problems with the AC toward the end....I know nothing about the newer models..

i voted cherokee...especially the 90's ones...the straight six motor is in a class for its own (puts out some good torque)...you can rack a lot of miles on it if you take care of it too. and if you are into wheeling I would get the jeep hands down the aftermarket area for jeeps are HUGE...

Have you all seen the 2011 Cherokee? Mercedes chassis. All new jeep, groun up, I am told.

2011_Jeep_Grand_Cherokee.jpg

I like it, I think it is pretty sharp. Comparing a Grand Cherokee to a CJ is like comparing apples to oranges. They are built for a completely different purpose.

My GF has a 200 Grand Cherokee Limited.

Its OK! Other than Stupid little problems like the Dual heatzone always haveing some issue its been good. Knock on wood! I voted for the Jeep because this Jeep she has is Pretty good for in the snow and mud. Never been in anything crazy but WE had an Ice storm a couple of years ago and it was pretty nasty and it got us around pretty well. I even took it up a hill in the field my 400ex would not climb. Its a 4X4 though.

With the few votes, looks like the cherokee is winning.

Reviving this thread..check out the new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee..

gallery_12_2_270299.jpg

gallery_12_2_796931.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iseiospb60k&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Officially New Jeep Grand Cherokee 2011[/ame]

I'm a Ford man, I really don't care for the new Jeeps. I really like the old one's though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ATVNetwork
      atvs Build sheet and photos
      Bryce Ford is riding one of the latest hybrid machines helping Americas youth ATV racers perform their best before jumping to a 450. View the full article
    • By fartknocker
      I've always loved the ford gt,but for 17 they went with a v6 eco boost .. It just isn't the same regardless of its insane numbers 

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a32403/new-ford-gt-horsepower-torque-weight-top-speed/
    • By Huntingman2706217
      Ive got 3... ive owned 19 XJ's 4 MJ's 1 ZJ and 1 WK2 in my life... all those within the last two years except for the ZJ...
      I just got the WK2 in Dec... its a Overland edition... all the goodies but didnt get 4x4... didnt ever see going offroad in a $50k vehicle when i got a rock crawler and a 4x4 DD... lol...
      96 Cherokees on 2006 F250 axles... 5.38 gears... saving for full hydro steering... caged... 4.5in lift with SYE... 40in gumbo mudders... H1 two piece steel wheels recentered to 8x170 and rock rings...
      my 90 comanche i blew the rear main seal in last month so i have the motor out and did a head gasket and every other little gasket while its out... pressure washed and painted... new clutch, floor pan, oil pan... all kinds of stuff... painted the engine bay and pull the harness that im going to go through and recover everything and fix anything wrong... also sealing it all up water right... doing a external slave bellhousing swap on it as well... tons of time and money... oh and a 97+ cherokee front end conversion... its just my DD and im restoring it like new basically... itll get painted probly next year...
      ill try and get some pics up... i moderate over at cherokeeforum.com as huntingman2706217 so if anyone else drives cherokees we got a lot of info and tips!

• By lawny
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=lgwF8mdwlw&feature=player_embeded]http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=lgwF8mdwlw&feature=player_embeded[/ame]
    • By BuckBilly
      I need to replace my 01 GMC Yukon. Nickel and diming me to death. I'm leaning towards a new Dodge. The Ford is my second choice. Here is what they look like.
      Dodge

FORD

• Similar Tagged Content

• By itsbeal
      I just bought a 2000 explorer 400 4x4 from a guy @ work. He told me that he was running it the last time he had it out and it quit on him. He said that he changed the spark plug but just couldn’t get it to run again. When I got it home I tore all the plastic off it to make it easier to work on and get to everything. It seems to be getting spark but won’t fire even after putting some gas in the jug. He told me that he recalled that when this all started he recalls that it overheated too. Doesn’t seem to be any coolant in the radiator either. Oh yeah, it seems to have good compression too. I put my thumb over the cylinder port and cranked it and it’s hard to keep my thumb over the hole. I also pulled the flywheel to make sure that the woodruff keys was ok. There was some liquid (seemed to be coolant) in the recoil housing too, if that tells a story too. I also checked the crankcase dip stick to see if was overfilled but its not.
    • By Dsprado
      I have no power to lights starter, and 4x4 switch. The cooling fan does not come on either. I installed a new battery. Still no power. I do hear a clicking sound when battery is connected. This sound cycles with or without the key turned on. The machine does start with the pull start. Any suggestions?
    • By wlloyd
      i have a 1999 polaris explorer when it is at idle the secondary clutch turnes a bit causing it to grind when shifting in gear . the clutches apear fine any tips please
    • By dlhwrench
      no 4wd have checked for power to 4wd switch i have the trans in gear and key turned on not sure were power is suposed to come from any body have wiring diagrams available ?
    • By joedirt
      , hope someone can help me out here.. i went on a 240 km ride saturday , on the way home my overheat light came on , i checked the coolant and it was very low, i filled it up and the bike smoked very bad but went away after 5 min or so .. but i noticed my pull cord is soaking wet with coolant .. is there a gasket or o-ring gone bad?? what happen ???? thanks for the help guys