Quantcast

the three wheelie

dahondaboy

i have been lurking here a while and i thought i would post up my build when i saw some cr500 trikes . this is a reverse trike i built using an 88 cr500 and a yamaha blaster front.

the motor is race ported by gss race porting and has a 44mm mikuni vm carb, the swingarm is extended 6" and i added a third shock up front to help in cornering stability.

eventually i will add 4' extended a arms and fox shox. this will be for cruisin camp to camp out at ther sand dunes and just for playin. due to the design it will have tons of understeer and the rear will want to flip around so it will be a drifting machine. but thats the fun part!

classified001.jpg

classified002.jpg

classified004.jpg

classified006.jpg

classified007.jpg

oh believe me brah, i have been in the three wheeler world a looooong time and im no noob when it comes to moddin em' i just thought id do somethin different this time. here is one of my last builds, it is a custom atc110 rear with a yz250 front and a seca550 motor

trike.jpg

unfortunatly this trike was destroyed, i built it for a guy and he came and paid for it

(2600$) and i warned him DO NOT TAKE IT ON STEEP HILLS. HE ASSURED ME HE KNEW THE DANGERS OF THREE WHEELERS SO I HAD HIM SIGN THE CONTRACT AND HE LEFT.

not an hour later i get a call, "chris!, help im pinned i think i broke my leg"

i go out there and he had unloaded taken it first thing up a big hill and tried to turn without any momentum it flipped and crushed his ankle. the wheeler had flipped and rolled all the way down the hill bout 300 yards and wedged itself in a gully. it was mangled and dead.. i had to have him ride flat in the back of my truck to the hospital. sad sad demise for the coolest trike i ever rode.

I really have no comment other than maybe this should be in the quad forum...............

you see...........WE OUTLAW TRIKERS live by a code

1 god

1 country

1 FRONT wheel

who you kidding? your no OUTLAW! your just some flunkie moderator of a lame 3 wheeler message board.

besides everyone knows all your front tires leak air.

I remember when dirt wheels built a reverse three wheeler out of a Yamaha BW. I can't imagine having the power of a CR 500R. That's got to be a sketchy ride!!!

who you kidding? your no OUTLAW! your just some flunkie moderator of a lame 3 wheeler message board.

!!!

Are you saying Im a sell-out.....NEVA!!!!:aargh:

Im glad you took a moment out of your time from fabrication snorkels for your local alt125riders to respond:biggrin:

you may take my quote for reset on your webpage...you know,"the 1 god, 1 couuntry, 1 front wheel" thingy

but 1 thing quads have in common with trikes is the rear end...not the front

out here in the sand we call em BIGFOOTS....take a 500...put a dual front tire from a tomahawk style bike...and that give you the ultimate dune Bike

3n03me3o65O05Q75Sd9bg38fadb70b4c61bba.jpg

3n03me3o65O05Q75Sd9bg38fadb70b4c61bba.jpg.d5f6e779fc60227e5dc439962db0a87b.jpg

Edited by mymint87

Are you saying Im a sell-out.....NEVA!!!!:aargh:

At one time you used to stand up for the oppressed all knowing super triker in search of futuristic 3wheeled enlightenment.

sadly now you have become one of the oppressors who stands by and says nothing while the masses are deprived of the freshness of 11" of super travel and dealers overflowing with accessories that would make any flunkie junkie pawn his clapped out nudlfap missing bi*** trike

Im glad you took a moment out of your time from fabrication snorkels for your local alt125riders to respond:biggrin:

our super snorkels are precision engineered from unobtainium space alloy and is the perfect accessory for those Sr. thrillbillie festival frowning fascist over hyping know nothings

you may take my quote for reset on your webpage...you know,"the 1 god, 1 couuntry, 1 front wheel" thingy

I don't like sloppy seconds so the last thing i want is for you to remove your sun dried sand clogged beak from a transplants stained shorts and try to stick up mine with your weak attemtp at gracing a true outlaw site

but 1 thing quads have in common with trikes is the rear end...not the front

out here in the sand we call em BIGFOOTS....take a 500...put a dual front tire from a tomahawk style bike...and that give you the ultimate dune Bike

that fatty up front of the king of MX'rs looks as out of place as the flat fatty you run.

memo to mint-a-leak they stopped putting the fatty fronts on performance trikes when Honda though a 110 chassis could house a Elsinore engine.

• 2 weeks later...

You trikers certainly are a different breed aren't you? So much attitude, and abrasive sandpaper like love between you all.

I have a CR 500 powered quad, that is enough of a handful, I don't think I would want that motor in a vehicle with less weight in the front whether it be a bike or a trike. I have enough trouble keeping the front end on the ground with two front tires. I can't tell you how many times I have nearly flipped over backwards because of an accidental donut wheelie.

thank you for staying on the subject!

and i have had 4 cr5oo's in original form. , raced them from desert to hare scrambles to hillclimbs and i disagree, you cannot have too much power. its just like the old saying

"its always the dull knife that cuts ya" in other words say you are trying to climb a hill on a kx 85 or yz 80. you have to push it to its max to make any progress, and you will usually flip overin 1st gear. a cr500 you can use throttle control to ease your way up and have power to spare but its there when you need it. the bottom line is "throttle control"

yes if you are a panicky novice i would not reccomend it. but if you know how to use the power to your advantage the 500 will do you well.

thank you for staying on the subject!

you obviously ignored post #8 and continue to bump what may be an insult to 3 wheeler enthusiasts participating here......

while celebrating a thread by staying on subject...you overlook your error in misplacing it in the wrong forum

I will not be force fed something that isn't....comprende?

while the build has skillz to admire...the finished product is pretty much limited in applications

let me know when your renting it.........I need to dig some trenches for my new septic system

this will be for cruisin camp to camp out at ther sand dunes and just for playin. due to the design it will have tons of understeer ]

obviously you missed post #1 i know it will have limits to its ability. derr. i have other bikes for practical use. i am building this one as a wild wierd oddity thats the point.

obviously you missed post #1 i know it will have limits to its ability. derr. i have other bikes for practical use. i am building this one as a wild wierd oddity thats the point.

Don't feel bad man, this is sitting in my garage right now, when finnished, it will have no practical application either, but it is kind of fun to just build crazy stuff for no good reason.

DSCN0071.jpg

It is quite comfy, my ex brother-in-law asked me to store the trike and the chair for him, then he disappeared. I just got a wild hair and decided to make a chair that I can drive around. That is a nice trench digger, has it ever actually made it up that hillclimb? From what I understand, only like 14 people have ever successfully climbed that hill.

BTW, I missed the post where you talked about power being your friend and using throttle control. I understand your philosophy there, I just have a problem with throttle control, I know how it works, I just can't let up sometimes when I know that I should. That is why that much hp in a lighter machine would be such a problem for me.