Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Painting my frame

It is nice to have those adjustable shocks, adding air is much easier and cheaper than having them re-sprung and/or revalved and far less expensive that buying new shocks. I am seriously considering the Fox Floats when I decide to upgrade my suspension. I think even something as minor as radiator hoses will help that yellow subframe blend in a little better. Are you still considering having the upper a-arms pc'd yellow?

I know those probably weren't cheap, once you get used to the extra width I am sure you will find they were worth the money. Your machine will stay flatter and feel alot more stable in corners, gets a little hairy in the tight stuff though. Do you have a steering stabilizer? If not you may want to consider one when your finances allow it. I know mine was worth every penny.

Nice, some people don't like wide quads, especially woods riders, I personally prefer the extra width now that I am so used to it. At one time I had considered buying some offset wheels so I could make it narrower, but I have come to prefer the extra width, I just bought a good steering stabilizer for those tight areas where I am likely to catch a front wheel on something. I was shopping for a KFX or a YFZ when I bought my quad, but I found the best deal on the LT-R, I was a bit worried that I wouldn't like the wide track, but in hindsite, I feel I bought the right machine for me. I love having programmable fuel injection, the frame is heavy, but bullet proof and I have come to love the wide stance.

Your quad looks bad as* btw, wide and mean looking. Good job.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Suzukiquad
      I have a 97 Yamaha Timberwolf and it is beyond loud, is there any good options to silence them or at least make them bare able to drive. I know it has a crack in the exhaust pipe, but even with that fixed its still loud. 
    • By joshua91673
      hi every one .anyone out there my issue is my kick start wont stay out  i have to have some one pull it out.  it pull out easy just wont stay out to kick it over .kicks over and starts no problem 
      also does this quad have a ajust mint for the rear spring .it sags when i get on it .or is this normal . thanks guys for your time 
      first post 

josh ohio
    • By 2wdrancher
      Hello everyone I have done a ton of research on doing this conversion because I hate getting stuck in the stupidest places and not being able to back out. I will be documenting my conversion here and on a couple other forums and probably post a couple videos on YouTube. So what I’ve come up with is all you need is a front axles, front propeller shaft, the final shaft inside the engine and the 4x4 front engine cover . I will list all the part numbers for everything that you need and prices from about six months ago (sorry) , you DONT need to switch out hubs, knuckles, or anything like that, and if you want differential lock lock like the foreman and Rubicon you can get a foreman Rubicon front differential and propeller shaft with the diff-lock and get a knight sure four manual actuator for it and voilà you have four-wheel-drive rancher. Input from you guys is greatly appreciated thank you for your time!
      Note: I would definitely get the aftermarket HD axles because they are definitely stronger and are around the same price as oem 
      FINAL SHAFT
      23611-HR3-A40  =$80.48

BEARING
      91006-HP5-601   =$11.11

OIL SEAL
      91202-HR0-F01   =$ 7.94

COVER ASSY., FR. CRANKCASE
      11300-HR3-WB0   =$206.99

PROPELLER SH AFT
      40400-HR3-A20   =$91.50

FINAL GEAR
      41400-HR3-W50   =$714.88

FINAL CASE BRA CKET
      50350-HR3-A20  =$7.40

FLANGE BOLT
      95701-08016-08  =$1.49

R. SHAFT SET
      44250-HR3-WB1  =$240.64

L. DRIVESHAFT
      44350-HR3-WB1  =$240.64
      This is all for the 2x4 - 4x4  lever that comes in stock on the ranchers. I would definitely recommend looking for parts for wheelers on marketplace,  or craigslist

NUT, ADJUSTING 
      41560-HP5-600
      $6.51

CABLE, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      41570-HR3-A21
      $6.56

SPRING, CLUTCH CABLE 
      41571-HP5-600
      $1.95

CLIP, CLUTCH CABLE 
      41573-HP5-600
      $3.23

GROMMET, CLUTCH CABLE 
      41716-HP5-600
      $3.12

LEVER, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      54030-HP5-600
      $8.91

PILLOW BALL, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      54031-HP5-601
      $10.87

BRACKET, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      54040-HP5-601 
      $11.19

SPRING, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      54041-HP5-600
      $1.86

GATE, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      54050-HR3-A20
      $4.55

GRIP, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      54321-HP5-600
      $8.95

X2 012
      BOLT, FLANGE (6MM) 
      90111-162-000

$2.54 

NUT, SELF-LOCK (6MM) 
      90343-ZE6-000
      $1.70

JOINT B, BRAKE ARM 
      95015-32001
      $0.82

X3 015
      BOLT, FLANGE (6X12) 
      95701-06012-00
      $1.34

Or Forman 520 w diff lock

FINAL GEAR
      41400-HR4-A21  =$732.49

PROPELLER SHAFT
      40400-HR4-A20  = $92.54
      And you definitely need the sure four locker for this
    • By p5200
      I've been using Valvolene 10w 40 ATV oil but, it's like $8.00 a quart. Is that about the going rate? Or is there cheaper alternatives that would be suitable? Thanks
    • By tryn2hrd
      I have a rancher 420 TM that since i bought it has a cold hard shift problem beyond a doubt clutch is not releasing by shift lever. After it gets good and hot it shifts ok. Tried preloading adjustment screw clutch releases and shifts smooth but slips. Have had the clutch out and apart twice for inspection and didnt see anything wrong. Any tips will be appreciated. I've ran out of things to try instead of throwing new parts at it. 

• Similar Tagged Forum Content