Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

SD400exGirly

Do you wear your ring?

Hi Ladies,

I am new to the forum and to riding. I just bought a 2002 Honda 400ex and I love it. I went out riding for the first time last Sunday and I can't wait to get back out there on Saturday. My question is do you wear your wedding/engagement rings while riding? I just recently got engaged and I never take my ring off. It fits fine under my glove and I am wondering if anyone else has lost theirs or had a bad experience wearing it while riding.

I know I'm not a she, but I thought I would chime in on this one. The only time I take my wedding ring off is when I am riding. It tears the callus off of my palm if I leave it on. My ring is a big bulky tungsten ring, I probably wouldn't have that problem with a smaller ring though.

I take mine off when I ride because my hands swell and the ring gets tight on the finger. I also take it off when Im doing work around the house so it doesn't get damaged. When my company was moving I was moving a filing cabinet and it got away from me and my hand got caught between the cabinet and the wall. No big deal until I tried to take my ring off. It got slightly crushed and I had trouble getting it off.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to ATVing SDgirl. Glad you are enjoying yourself!!!

I never wear mine when I race for fear of breaking a finger and having to get it cut off :aargh:

I wore it trail riding a few times but it makes a callus on my hand if we go out all day. I also have to watch taking my glove off because the setting gets caught. I have to watch when it's cold too cause it gets a little loose. :no:

Edited by mojaverider

I ran across this thread and figured there must be SOME solution out there... well I found one and wanted to share it with y'all... I found it on a running forum but I bought a purple one to match my helmet. www.ringwrapper.com

I'll let you know how it works out when I get it!

So I got the Ring Wrapper (purple of course) and finally got to go ride in the mud. I had NO questions about it falling off - my ring was very secure on my finger - and it mostly shielded the mud too. I don't like to ride with gloves in the summer time because they are hot, so I'm really glad I found this product!

So I got the Ring Wrapper (purple of course) and finally got to go ride in the mud. I had NO questions about it falling off - my ring was very secure on my finger - and it mostly shielded the mud too. I don't like to ride with gloves in the summer time because they are hot, so I'm really glad I found this product!

Cool !! I cant wear one (too bulky )

I never wear mine riding...I get blisters galore!!!! Actually, I don't wear any of my jewelry...I'm too afraid I'll lose it or get choked out by my necklace LOL......

I take mine off now because its more comfortable without it. Ive been giving it to my husband to hang on to if I forget to take it off before the ride, but soon I will have a front box to carry my own supplies in.

I dont wear a wedding ring at all. It was a requirement not to wear one or any jewelry when I was working but then it became habit not to wear it. I do wear it when we go out. My wife doesnt wear one either.

Maybe that is why I only got blisters on my left hand? I thought maybe it stopped because i have power steering now but I actually stopped wearing my ring at the same time.

I always wear mine. It does give me blisters. You can tell by my pics that I don't hold onto the bars much anyway. LOL