Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Do you wear your ring?

• 4 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2012 at 7:33 PM, marioweldinginc said:

I dont wear a wedding ring at all. It was a requirement not to wear one or any jewelry when I was working but then it became habit not to wear it. I do wear it when we go out. My wife doesnt wear one either.

I wore a titanium ring originally because it was a possibility I'd ruin another one easily by getting it squished in just tight enough places I wouldn't worry about my finger but did have to worry about a ring.

On 10/15/2012 at 7:51 PM, mxquadmom said:

When I ride I use to wear my ring but not anymore for 3 different reasons:

#1 - After 18 years of marriage taking my ring off is no biggie :cute:

#2 - The blister/calloused hand I get from riding really hurts

#3 - I always end up damaging/bending the ring if I ride long enough.

1) Yeah, my wife is not insecure about the wedding ring and with her metal allergies often keeps hers off unless we're going out.
2) Same if I end up swinging a hammer a bunch in a day
3) see above reply Î

On 2/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, Frank Angerano said:

Tattoo that thing on. No more worries ! 

Still keeping that in the consideration list for next tattoos on the both of us.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, BAMFUPINYA said:

I have a silicone ring that I swap out for the real deal when doing any outdoors activities, working in the garage, etc. Have had a couple close calls with ring avulsion in the past and I like all of my fingers, so silicone rings it is for me. 

This is what I eventually ended up doing. The combination of my new brother in law getting a set for working on their farm and me getting a bit fat and having my original ring start to hurt I just moved entirely to the silicone rings so I keep them on a lot more often now. I also don't worry about losing it when I pull off my glove on a cold day.

• Like 2

I only pull mine off when I forget and spray carb cleaner all over my hand and 2 minutes later my finger catches fire....because I forgot to take my ring off for the 95th time as my oldest laughs and says "I wondered how long it would take for you to pull it off THIS time"

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have been married for 61 years and have not worn my ring for at least 50 years due to my job.  I caught it between a car battery and ground one time and after I recovered from that I restored the ring an started wearing it again. Then I kept getting it caught in the depths of the machines I was working on and nearly lost a finger so I do not wear it. I probably should wear it on a chain around my neck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking for an engagement ring for the gf. However I became paranoid of metal rings since my fathers told me his buddy had the ring caught and lost his finger. No thank you now I’m trying to explain to the gf how I’ll wear a cheap o ring as my wedding band. 100 of them for a few dollars and I don’t have to worry about losing it or a finger.

• 9 months later...

I am an industrial technician which includes electronics, mechanics, and machine work. I no longer wear my ring since I got it between an auto type battery and ground then getting it caught in machinery guts several times, and nearly pulling my finger off a couple of times.  I figured I could leave it off rather not having a finger to wear it on. It is on a chain around my neck when I am not working.