Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

tds7

2004 Suzuki Vinson Oil Level Sight Glass

I just got a 04 Suzuki Vinson, changed the oil and done other service work. My main question is about the crankcase oil capacity, Owners manual states 3.8 quarts with filter change, but it completely fills the sight glass. It was like that before I changed the oil and filter but it had over 4 quarts of oil in it. Is it supposed to be like that?

Does anyone know if 3.8 quarts is correct and is it supposed to completely fill sight glass when it running or engine is off?

Edited by tds7

I would feel safe trusting the manual, but if you want to be sure, call a dealership and speak with a service tech.

Does anyone know if 3.8 quarts is correct and is it supposed to completely fill sight glass when it running or engine is off?

It's with engne off.

* Added year to your thread title.

if it's like my 250 quadrunner there should be 2 marks on the casting on each side of the sight glass the oil level should be between the high and low marks.when warmed up and not running hope this helps

Thanks to all,

My sight glass is completely full when engine is off and I can just see a bubble in the top of it while it is running. But I can also see the oil surging through it while it is running.

The reason I asked the question was, I also have a 03 Suzuki XL7 and their was a few incorrect fluid capacities in the owners manual. Just making sure.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By jimsvtx
      I'm working on my brothers' 2002 Suzuki Vinson 500 . It sat for a few years before I got into it. I'm concentrating on the carb - I replaced orings, needle, etc. and soaked jets, bowl and anything that I could get off the carb that the solution wouldn't eat. I also removed the tank and flushed it with hot water - it's clean. The gas cap innards rusted away and the tank had a lot of rust and water in it before I cleaned it. I replaced the gas cap and installed a new fuel valve because the screens were broken in the old one. The bike will run but spits and sputters and backfires. If you "open it up" it falls on its face and stalls - but starts right up. Here is a link to an exploded view of the carb: Ohio Honda Yamaha Motorcycle ATV Dealer - J & J Motors - Kawasaki Suzuki Scooter Utility vehicle, parts, accessories, apparel
      Can anyone point me in the direction of the problem? It may still be a "clean carb parts issue" . My problem is that the parts list doesn't identify the parts to a degree that I understand. If you said" look at the pilot jet", I'm not sure which jet that would be....See what I mean? It'll run very good if I remove the air filter and cover the opening with my hand and part my fingers a little for the air to get in. Any help is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance, Jim
    • By William Edwards
      Hello,
      I'm new to the site.  My son and I have decided to bring back our old quad from the dead.  Does anyone know where we can purchase a cylinder kit for it.  I think it's a 1986, but will have to check the VIN to be sure.
      The last time it ran, it was tapping and smoking pretty bad.
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks!
    • By Wayne Starz
      I have a 2005 Suzuki Vinson 500cc automatic 4X4. I can only shift it in to park & High gear, it will not go in low or reverse, what's the issue & the fix?
    • By Stephanie Webb
      please help cant figure out how to bypass rev limiter in my suzuki quad master 500
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Trenton
      Hello. I am a new member as of today. I had a quick question to ask. I recently was driving mt HONDA RANCHER 2004 GPSscape 400 and my display stopped working. I was driving the atv and all of a sudden the speedometer and the service lights went out. Also the lights stopped working. I am still able to shift gears, change from 2wd to 4wd, and can still select if I want EPS or Auto. I have checked my fuse box and have changed a few of them around. It did not change anything. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what had happend. Thank you for your time- Trenton 
      By Guest
      Ok...I'm gettin' me juevos ready to do an oir filter clean....
      Went to my local harley/quad dealer and he had me purchase the No-Toil kit (Cleaner, Air Filter Oil, Rim Grease)
      What I've read is that the No-Toil cleaner will NOT clean
      other oils off air filters....just the No-Toil oil....
      So, I've also read that others have cleaned their air filters
      in the kitchen sink, used gasoline, or used flash solvent....
      Looking for advice as I've mentioned I'm very mechanically
      DECLINED!
      I'm going to wash the air box seal in the sink and give it a good dry....
      One more thing......No-Toil or Bel-Ray for filter oil?
      Thanks!
      -TD
    • By LTZ-Zach
      So i was riding the other day and my quad randomly shut off. It started back up and ran completely fine for a little while and then it started idling terribly.
      I cleaned the carb and changed all the jets and everything except the float due to the rebuild kit not coming with one and it actually runs worse then it did before.
      It will run and idle decent now but when I give it gas it dies.
      Does anybody know what could be wrong?
      I also changed the spark plug and air filter along with the oil and oil filter.

• By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?