Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Stick-Man27

2001-02 Yamaha Banshee - Idle Setting

i have a proplem with the idel i just got it from a friend who has't ran it in a long time so i changed the spark plugs and clean the carbs now it starts but idel real high ad the idel revs up and down so i mess with the idel screws and got it set but when i press the gas it shuts off does anyone know how to set them

need a little more info... does it still have TORS on the carbs or are the carbs drilled and tapped with idle screws in the side? did it run before you cleaned the carbs or not? are you setting the idle and carb sync by ear or do you have the right gauge?

What year is your atv? I know you fixed it, but for future reference of thsi thread.

I have a 02 banshee with a vitos 404 big bore kit toomey pipes and silencers and has tors will not idle any suggestions

probably check the pilot jets in both to make sure they are clean. If they are clean check they sync on the carbs... Id get a tors removal kit makes everything much easier...

TORS handles the idle on then stockers... have you talked to Vito's? I'll bet they have a cure. Did you use the Toomey jets that came with the pipes?

Vito will prob sell you a TORS elimination kit. With all your mods, it's prob the best way to go.

Have you tried adjusting the air screws? Is this a problem that started with the addition of the mods? Did it sit for a long period of time before this problem started.

Doez anyone know the factory setting on the idle air/fuel ratio adjuztment

I got a stock banshee so factory setting will be koo

hey im a new rider and i have an 01 Yamaha banshee and the idle is way to low so does any one know how to fix it or know whats wrong and I have to hold the throttle to start it up and to keep it on and every once and a while it pop and shoot air out the sides and i dont really know what it is so can any help

Im 13 so i not a pro but i know a little about the atv

the carbs are probably gummed up. if you can take them off and let them soak in some carb cleaner,

they would probably fix themselves right again ...

Edited by oxidized_black