Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

kyle_payne

1995 Polaris Magnum 425 4x4 Carb Problems

I've got a 1995 Polaris Magnum 425 4x4. When I rev it up and let off the gas and then rev it up before it gets back to idle it bogs down pretty bad. It does not idle very long at all before it dies. I've changed the spark plug and cleaned the carburetor 3 or 4 times and soaked it, rinsed it and blew out all passages with compressed air and still have same problem when I put everything back together. Also, a few minutes after I crank the 4 wheeler, gas starts coming out of the drain at the bottom of the carburetor with a fast drip. I thought the gas might have been somehow going through/around the drain screw so I bought a new drain screw and it's still dripping. After I kill it, gas still leaks until I shut fuel line off. Was also wondering if any parts off a 2000 Polaris Scrambler 500 would fit on the 95 magnum. Any information or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Kyle,,,,your flooding out due to either a bad needle and seat assembly and/or your float is laying too high,,,,,,,,turn your carb upside down and make sure your float mount is flat level with the carb half,,,,,, even alittle down,if thats good you need to change thr needle and seat ass.a small wear ring on the needle is all it takes to stick,,,ebay is cheap,,,,,,,,,,,

Hi all,

Hopefully you actually do have carb problems cuz the earlier fourstroke polaris's were prone to eating camshafts, I'm working on 2 of them right now and they were both doing the same thing. Typically the exaust lobe fails.(wears badly) Again hopefully it is the carb.

good luck

Hi all,

Hopefully you actually do have carb problems cuz the earlier fourstroke polaris's were prone to eating camshafts, I'm working on 2 of them right now and they were both doing the same thing. Typically the exaust lobe fails.(wears badly) Again hopefully it is the carb.

good luck

Did Polaris do anything to fix the cam problem? I have this issue also, the exhaust lobe is gone. It does have 8000 miles on the meter, so I guess that is not to bad.

i was told by polaris to run a thinner 40 weight oil so it can get up to the cam easier. i was running 10-w40 but now i run 0w40 full synthetic. if it works or not i do not know. i have 4000 miles on my machine and never touched the engine. all i have done is changed the oil 3 times a year whether it needed it or not.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.