Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

crisv21

03 Banshee wont stay running

i have an o3 banshee and i was running fine when i got it.... i just got back from the military and i took it out for a ride i took me a while to start it up and now i wont stay on. if i let go of the throttle i will bog out and die i cleaned the carbs and still nothing help anyone....

Do you have any fuel filters on it. Is it the same fuel that was in it while you were gone?

Scott asks a valid question, it may just be the old gas. How well did you clean the carbs? Did you take them completely apart and make sure EVERY passage was clear?

every passage is clear the carbs were completely taken off and cleaned and the gas was changed....it stays on for a bit then it will die out once its out it take a while for it to turn back on

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Shook
      Hi I have a 2000 big bear 400 and i just put a new carburetor on it and it idles fine but when you try to accelerate it sounds like it is going to die, so when it sounds like it is going to die I will give it more throttle then it will go just fine.
    • By Lank Firdmont
      I have seen other posts and I'm not ableto download resources.
      I was gifted a Yamaha TerraPro and can find 0 online for help getting this running.
    • By Freezeman
      Thought i would share a fix that I came across. I was working on a 99 scambler 500, The customer complaint was that even with the fuel shut off the tank would slowly drain out onto the ground. First I found the fuel shut off was bad/ leaking/ dripping so I installed a new one thinking that would fix it. Then I ran it and and seen that the overflow was flowing fuel out from the bowl. So I cleaned the needle and seat and changed the float height to lower the fuel level in the bowl. Well... It still overflowed and flooded. So I bench tested the needle and seat with a pop off tester. I found that these newer style needle and seats just utilize an o-ring to install the brass seat into the carb.
      The o-ring for the seat had hardened up allowing fuel into the float bowl from under the seat. New o-ring and problems solved.  

• By Steve Howard
      Ran find shut down the quad next day would start and idle when you try to accelerate it would start popping through the carb got a rebuild kit soaked it in chem clean after break down for 12 hours on slow vibrate reassembled and adjusted per manual still the same thing any help would be really appreciated thanks and happy ridding  
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      I'm curious what all the ladies ride on this site and why!
      I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino 700. Just added a new roll cage, dual exhaust and some other things. Here are a few pics:

I chose the Rhino because my arms and wrists get way too tired on a quad. I haven't tried a bike, but, I don't think my coordination would be good enough to handle that!
      I LOVE my Rhino though!!!!!!! It's the perfect machine for me.
      So, how about you????
  • Similar Tagged Content