Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ktown12

2003 Kawasaki Bayou 250 stator removal?

How to take off the generator to get to the fly wheel,I know I need a special tool,where can I buy the tool,thanks,are if anyone know how to get it off please tell me how!

Are you saying you don't know how to remove the stator? Isn't it bolted in? I know you will need a special flywheel bolt to remove the flywheel if you are doing that..I believe.

moose-racing-stator.jpg

* Added issue to your thread title.

The best thing you can do is get a repair manual.

If there aren't any obvious bolts holding the stator in place, the stator may be threaded in the center to screw onto the flywheel. If this is the case, you may need a special wrench that fits in the holes in the front of the flywheel. There may also be a bearing that goes in the center hole of the stator and rides on the protrusion of the flywheel. Maybe with some sort of mount on the backs side of the stator. If that is the case, you my try removing the stator and flywheel together using the flywheel puller. Then rotate the flywheel, looking throught the hole(s) in the back for a bolt that holds the stator on. There are probably two or three separate tools you need to get all can be obtained from any parts dealer, local or online. I often make my own specialty tools.

Edited by DirtDemon

@DirtDemon I am having a similar issue with my 99 Big Bear 350 2wd my stator has three bolts on the inside of the case Phillips head three screws on the outside star bit also has the bearing on the inside of the cover in the middle of the stator I just need to be able to remove the stator so I can replace the source coil still waiting on my service manual to show up  I have attached a picture of my stator

20171126_200735.jpg

The three screws (Phillips) are the ones holding that coil in place. Nothing else.  You may need an impact driver to listen them up or good size long screw driver that fits them screw heads perfectly. That should’ve been the only times holding that coil in place. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Monika Novakov
      1988 Kawasaki 220 Bayou trying to remove generator/ starter 1way clutch cover to be able to replace 1way clutch. All bolts are removed case cover is dripping what oil that remains...but I can't get the cover to come off..what am I missing? Thx in advance.
    • By chem3233
      I have a 1998 yamaha grizzly 600 4x4 I have put back to life but as soon as I had all the bugs out it blew the special "L" plug out. What causes this? Is there something special I have to do to replace this?
    • By StolenATV
      black & Orange 2007 Yamaha 700R Raptor special edition
      with new Ambush back tires on it. has a Gopro sticker and mount on it by the handlebars
      The post 2007 yamaha 700 R Raptor special edition 4 wheeler appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
    • By ATVNetwork
      products Portable power for your adventures
      Camping is the vacation of choice for the off-road community, but there is usually a limited access to power. Check out our Generator Buyer’s Guide. View the full article
    • By jdhka1
      Bought a new throttle cable for an 87 Honda trx250.   It measures to be a 10mm.  When I went to the hardware store to buy the tap i took the cable with me for good measure and the employee helping me said "oh those have a special pitch and a regular 10mm tap wont work".   Is he correct??   Thanks
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Chayse Hill
      I have a 2003 LTZ 400 that i bought a few days ago. The quad was running fine until last night. I let my brother ride it down the street and back and i didnt notice anything etong with bike. Then my neighbors friend came over and said "can i ride it?" I said "sure" so he ripped it down the road all fine and when he got back it died right in front of us. My brother said it was dieing on him also. He also said that he wasnt using the clutch to shift. I told him he was an idiot. Im throwing that in there incase that caused a problem as well. But today i go to check it to make sure its getting fuel which it is and replaced the spark plug incase it wasnt getting spark but it is. So i started it and it was having a problem starting then i got started and was reving at idle high. So i took it around the block and it died on me a little bit down, so i try to restart it and it started so i kicked it into 1st and it kinda launched on me and started going with the clutch all the way in. Then it died right after and wasnt running right during that process and was idleing all over the place and just died and now i cant get it started it again. Before it would start without the choke or priming it. It would start real quick now i cant figure if it needs to be rejetted or something else. Air filter looks clean also. But any help would be gratelly appreciated!
    • By chuckcnm
      Hi, just picked up a MOTO 4 YFM255 and want to replace the rear brake pads. How do I get to the back. Guessing I need to remove the brake disk, question any easy way to do this?
      Thanks
    • By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By Kyboy
      Iam looking for help seperating the rear brake drum and the cover. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate
    • By pizzaman_288
      How hard is it to change the outer seals on the rear differential mine are leaking fluid and I have no idea on how to change them out any help would be great thanks