Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Correct me right off the bat here if I'm wrong, I'm not sure if they're vacuum or breather lines. However, does anyone have a diagram of the lines? When I pulled the carb there were 2 lines that were not connected to anything. I did find a nipple on the frame next to the one for the diff breather line but again am unsure if these are breather or vacuum lines. A diagram would be great or if I could get pointed in the right direction.

I did run through all the Honda threads and didn't find anything. I also looked at exploded diargrams on parts websites, they just don't explain where these lines go.:confused:

Thanks in advance!

Check ebay for the service manual, the factory ones are a bit spendy, but worth it IMO, but another brand such as Clymer sells decent repair manuals for a decent price. As far as your problem goes, it would help to know exactly what TRX 250 you have, the 250R two stroke, or the TRX 250X or 250A both four strokes. Either way there are usually a couple of lines that come out of the carb and just hang open ended. One of them is going to come right off the bottom of the float bowl, that is to prevent the float bowl from aquiring a negative pressure state due to the vacuum created by the intake charge. There is usually an overflow line to let out excess fuel in the event that the float is improperly adjusted or stuck. The overflow tube should come off he left side of the carb. The two stroke carb will not have any vacuum lines, they are only for ventilation and fuel overflow.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By wiwild
      Hello everyone !
      I'm currently rebuilding my carburetor on my Yamaha moto 4 350 1987, first time I rebuild a carb 😅 ! It was leaking fuel from the overflow and inside the intake ....
      When I took off needle (the platic top part was stuck like crazy) I had a spring and inside the kit there is a spring, an O-Ring and a washer. 
      Left is the needle that was in the carburetor and right is the new set (I already tried to mount it but it didn't felt right and I accidentally broke the o-ring)
      Anyway, I saw in some videos and diagram that there is no spring in here. So should I put the spring back ? And where ? On top of the needle or bottom ?

This is an original Mikuni carb :

Thank you ! Also if you have any additionnal tips please feel free to share I want to learn the proper way !
    • By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By Kyboy
      Iam looking for help seperating the rear brake drum and the cover. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate
    • By sloundez
      Does anyone out there know where I can get a functional pair of wheel cylinders for subject ATV? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks
    • By Npeters
      Im working on a old 1987 honda 125 4 wheeler in the school shop. It will start by getting pulled by another 4 wheeler but wont start with the pull start or Electric Start. When you pull start it it tries to start but when you try the electric start it just turns over but doesnt even act like it wants to start. The spark plug is dry and it shoots fuel out of the back(air filter side) of the carb. Weve had the carb off twice and it is complety clean. What are some things we can try?