Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

zeigfeld

1992 Suzuki LT-230E running poorly, help please!!!

Most likely it has been hotwired.

So I am gathering that you mean that the plug cap was broken, not the spark plug, is that correct? Why do you want to buy a whole new coil if all you need is the cap? Click this link, and look up your machine, using the dropdowns. When you get to the parts fische for your machine, select electrical from the dropdown menu, if all you need is a new plug cap, then items 12, 13, and 14 are what you need. If you really do need a coil it is there too, item 8. These guys and Service Honda usually have the lowest prices on OEM parts. In this case, Babbits prices are a few bucks cheaper.

http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/1/Suzuki.aspx

Edited by DirtDemon

hey dirt demon not just the cap was broken but the wire that comes from the coil to the plug cap was rotten so i just replaced it all not OEM but it works. today i changed it all over to the new coil wire and cap it tried to start but be for i could get a good pull the pull start cord snapped and i didnt really get much out of it but it tried to turn over when i did pull it or push start it unlike the old one. thats why i was asking about the being able to pull start the quad in the ignition off position because i wanted to figure if i need to turn the key to use the electrical start because the electrical start dose nothing currently and same for the head light and break light.

hey there i spent all day trying to get my quad to start but it would not we tried pulling it after we fixed the pull start tried the jumper cables to the starter and even tried to push it and drop the gear but it would run. bog pick up bog pick up then die the longest i lasted was a munite it sounds like it is flooding out but im not sure maybe not getting enough gas but its back fireing like crazy sounds like gun shots. when its started and boging i put new coil and wire to cap and cap cleaned the carb really good but still not running the quad still has tones of compresion but refuses to run any ideas?

Edited by zeigfeld

Yes, the key and kill switch must be on to pull start or compression start the machine.

First, check the valve lash and the flywheel key. If all is ok there, take the carb off and check for deposits, damaged diaphragms or a sticking float. Have you tried a new spark plug? I take it the machine is getting spark?

Edited by DirtDemon

how many turns from the reset point do you need for the stock jet screw? also my quad always pull started in the ignition off position

Edited by zeigfeld

Usually 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 turns out from seated. A good way to get it set properly is to, with the engine running, turn the screw in the screw until the engine begins to stumble and run poorly. Then slowly turn the screw back out untill the engine idle reaches it's highest point, then re-adjust the idle setting if needed. If you have to turn the screw out more than 2 1/2 turns, you are probably running to lean on your pilot jet. If you turn it out less than 1 1/2 turns, then your pilot is too rich.

i got my quad running for like 1 munite but to keep it going i have to put my thumb on the throttle and it just keeps back fireing which i think is lean pop but im taking it to the shop today and if i can aford it ill let you all know whats wrong if not anyones info would be nice

Edited by zeigfeld

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.