Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I am looking to make some mods to my go kart and i was wondering if any of you knew any good welding companies with reasonable prices....i am looking for a 3 in 1 machine with cutting and welding so if you have any ideas please share:wink::wink::wink::wink:

Here is a link to the only welder I have ever seen that cuts and welds, it will do TIG, stick, and plasma cutting. The prices are decent considering that you are replacing two machines with one. I don't know much about the quality, but they seem well made and they come with a 5 year warranty. They range in price from $850 to $1800. The less expensive ones are DC only, so they cannot be used to weld alluminum. If you want an AC/DC machine, they start at $1600 .Keep in mind, you will spend at least $600 on even the cheapest plasma cutter alone. The only downfall is that TIG is your only option for thinner materials or nice clean welds, and the TIG process is by far the most difficult to master, and it must be done indoors, and everything needs to be very clean. The stick welding process can be done outdoors on somewhat dirty material, but it is not suited for welding thinner metals. I personally use a wire feed because it is the easiest to use and I got a plasma cutter for free from an old job, so I already had that. Another option would be a TIG/stick machine with an air arc setup. The air arc just uses a special stick holder that shoots a stream of compressed air into the arc and uses a carbon rod to create an arc, but adds no filler material. The downside of that is you need a monster compressor to use it, so I guess the 3 in 1 machine would be better. Or you can get a welder and a cutting torch, keep in mind, you can weld with a torch too, but any arc process is quicker and more convenient.

Multi Purpose Units

Edited by DirtDemon

Actually i have done some looking around and i have decided to go with the longevity 160pi machine because it was a cool deal for what i was asking for...i want you guys to check it out and let me know what you think about my new machine...i'll post pics of my cuts and welds when i get my machine...:realmad::realmad::aargh::aargh::biggrin::biggrin:

http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdetail_230/Multi-Purpose-Units/WeldAll-160PI.php

Edited by quad101

Looks like a cool machine, personally, I would have spent another $300 and gotten the Everlast Power pro 205. It is a more powerfull machine, and has a wider range of adjustability. Also it looks to be a higher quality unit. Not to put down the machine you picked, it looks like a very versatile unit and I would love to own one myself, it is a much nicer machine than what I have. I hope it does well for you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By shitboxlover
      I recently got a 250cc utility atv but it's way to slow. What performsnce mods can be done to it? It is the same as the loncin 250 desert storm but had some other chinese name
    • By WILYUMS
      Took a little ride around the farm today. It was good to get away from the TV, Politicians, and all around bad news. Only an hour or two, but helped recharge me. This is in Western KY on our farm. About 85 degrees today here. I will still get you guys a run down in the newer ohv and atv parks here in this end of the state. But not today I'm thinking of heading back out for a night ride later.

• By Buell
      Hey guys, figure you guys would have some helpful direction or answers.
      So, 05 Sportsman 700 carb, new carb, fuel pump, new plugs, new air filter, new everything I can think of that is usually the running issues. Starts up fine, seems to run fine, but if under load, two people, or even one person, up a hill, or pulling a drag chain for the driveway, it starts to cut out and sputters and loses all power, until I back off on the throttle and just barely try to let itself catch itself and then I can take off again.
      I am going crazy trying to figure this thing out. Other than that, the quad runs great. Parents bought bran new, just used around the property, 5000 miles on it. Any ideas???
    • By Ajmboy
      I saw this article on Motosport and thought it was pretty good. Anyone add anything?
        You might think hopping on-board an ATV and going for a spin is just as easy as taking your regular 4-wheel car for a ride around the block. After all, both have four wheels. How hard could it be?
      In many respects, you're right. Some adventure riders choose quads over their two-wheeled counterparts of the dirt because there's less chance of crashing and it's easier to learn. ATVs also offer more manageability for younger riders to get acquainted with outdoor riding than a dirt bike.
      However, beginner riders on ATVs tend to make the same mistakes that result in crashes, roll overs and injury that could be avoided with some instruction and know-how. If you're looking at a fun family outing by renting ATVs or want to get into the sport take advantage of the following points and avoid the same mistakes so many other first time ATV riders make that end their day early or before they barely get started.
      1. Nerf Bars
      Get Nerf bars. These are not soft cushy add-ons that are cousins to the football you use during backyard football games. In many respects, Nerf bars are gigantic foot pegs. Don't bother with traditional foot pegs because you'll constantly slip off and because of the "I feel safe factor" that comes with riding a quad you'll also have a tendency to let your feet drag when riding. That's a recipe for getting one or both of your feet caught in the back tire resulting in serious injury. Nerf bars allow you to stabilize your feet and get maximum control over the ATV

Rest your feet easy on Nerf bars
      2. Rolling Over
      Believe it or not, it's fairly easy to roll an ATV over. And you don't want to be on the bottom of that sandwich.
      The most common way of ending underneath a quad is looping out. That's done by hitting the gas and having little to no experience with the power of an ATV. The front spikes up like an out of control stallion, throws you onto your back like a bucking bronco and then pins you like a UFC Champ.
      The second way is when you're having a bit too much fun sliding around in mud or other slick conditions, the tires finally do what they're designed to do and grip the ground but the rest of the bike, with you on it, keeps going.
      Finally, those who think they've found their bearings take aim for a steep slope and try to conquer it only to end up upside down or in their attempt to arch alongside said steep hill, tumble over the side.
      3. False Sense of Security
      This goes somewhat hand-in-hand with the roll over capability that many riders fail to appreciate therefore they also neglect wearing proper protective equipment. Don't think wearing jeans, t-shirt and sneakers is adequate protection when riding a 4-wheeled machine powered by a gas engine that doesn't have seatbelts. You need a helmet, goggles, gloves and riding boots at a minimum. Once you start ripping it on the track or trails add a chest protector, neck brace, knee brace, etc.
      4. Throttle Control
      Everybody wants to skip the kiddie stage and get right into hair-raising speed when it comes to riding ATVs. OK, most everybody. But for those who do so many put on the cloak of invincibility and think a quad is merely a mini car that finally enables them to release all sorts of pent up childhood inhibitions.
      So they jab their thumb into the throttle with the expectation of a controlled roller coaster ride. Instead, they loop out and end up underneath the quad or manage to stay seated only to careen off course and introduce their 4x4 to a large tree. ATVs normally have a thumb throttle and most have an automatic clutch so the clutch is one less thing to worry about. So go slow and figure out how much "thumb" is too much and get used to the speed and power an ATV delivers before really going for a ride. Oh, one more thing, learn to take your thumb off the throttle!

It's not to hard to loop out on an ATV
      5. Loading the ATV
      Never, ever ride an ATV up a ramp into the back of a pick-up. If you want to know why just go to YouTube. If you want to know how to load an ATV check out this fine piece of quality information on How to Load a Motorcycle, Dirt Bike or ATV into a Truck.
      The bottom line to riding an ATV the first time is treat it like you would anything that comes with a modicum of danger. Careless behavior endangers you and others but with common sense and a willingness to learn you'll enjoy of lifetime of riding quads.
      For additional information on riding and/or maintaining ATVs see:
      10 Quick Safety Tips for ATV Trail Riding Tips for New ATV Owners Choosing the Best ATV for Beginners 10 Things That Alter Your ATV Performance Written By: AndrewT

• Similar Tagged Content

• By joelongo72
      I'm looking for an atv for my 12 yr old daughter.
      She has a kymco 90 mongoose now and I need a
      Bigger bike. I was looking hard at the pitster pro 125.
      Can anyone help me with input on this bike?
    • By Admin
      With Google's latest search changes, they require that sites have a mobile layout and will penalize search rankings if they don't. We have created a mobile version of the forum only at this time, because it receives the most traffic. There is a drop down at the bottom of the forum and you can choose the layout or click here to check it out. The site should automatically detect mobile devices as well. At the top of the mobile style, there is a link to go back to the default style as well.

• By Maskman
      Hi, I have been using your info for a while thought I would say hi. From north west vermont. I have a 1999 350 Yamaha bigbear. It has been used,abused, and neglected. It still runs like a champ. I use it for hauling firewood logs and most anything I need moved. Now I am planning on touching it with some T.L.C. in hopes of getting another 15 years out of it.
      Thank you for the volumes of information available.
      Mike
    • By ELKASuspensionCorp
      Hey guys!
      Here is your chance to win a full Stage 3 kit for your ATV!
      The product:
      Front & Rear Stage 3 ATV Shocks Kit (limited-time only, while supplies last) | Elka Suspension
      To participate:
      Stage 3 Kit Sweepstake | Elka Suspension
      Good Luck!