Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

predrider305

help me catch a theif!

i recently got the news that someone tried stealing my brothers 450r and my predator! its the worst feeling ever! anyone have suggestions on booby traps to make so i can catch these theifs or scare them away for GOOD!? if you ever decide to steal a quad, think about how you would feel if yours was stolen.:aargh::mad:

Get yourself an airsoft gun and crank it up. Hide near the garage or whatever and when they come over you handle business. We did this to a guy in L.A. Who was stealing pieces of my friends car. Blinkers and metal trim and such.

When we jumped out he almost crapped himself. We made him get on his knees and then my friend unloaded the airsoft gun on the back of his neck. Airsoft guns shoot plastic BB's about as hard as paintballs. First the dude thought he was about to be killed, then he got about 25 plastic bb's to the back of the neck and head, broke plenty of skin...

grown man crying and begging for us to let him go.

i dont know where you keep ur quads at but me and my husband have ours in our shed, he was worried about someone tryin to get into the shed so we bought a surveillance camera and on the door of the shed my husband wrote smile, ur on camera. u can get them pretty cheap I think we got ours for around $40, and its worked for years.

i want to set up a camera! the bad thing is that the quads can be seen from the sidewalk if you look closely. i plan on sleeping in the backyard one night to catch/them. thanks for the ideas.

this is the downside of living in miami

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Trent Finnessey
      So I’m 14 years old right now..... I’m a pretty good rider for my age, I have a 98’ 300ex that I’m tryna sell. I’m thinking of a 400ex or should I skip the 400 and just go to a 450r or something along those lines? 
    • By Rich1028
      Good/Better/Best +1 A-Arms honda 400 X 2008-2014 

What are some of the good, better,and the best 1+ a arms out there?
      where does Houser Racing Fall?
      https://www.houser-racing.com/Honda-400EX-1-Standard-Travel-A-arms-p/030107-01.htm
      JD Performance
      http://www.jdperformance.net/488_Web_Design/a_arms.html

and something found on ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRX-400EX-400EX-1-A-ARMS-SALE-SILVER-VEIN-LIFETIME-WARRANTY-GNCC/372763670824?hash=item56ca723928:g:qwIAAOSwJkZddV2x
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By spock58
      I was reading another forum recently about fuel leaks and possibility of fire happening. Reminded me of an incident I had a few years ago while working at a Can Am dealership. The quad was a stolen & recovered Outlander 650 that had been tampered with. These quads have an electronic safety system, similar to their DESS system on the sleds. You cannot bypass the key switch and get spark without a computer with factory software. Anyway, I was trying to determine what was damaged since the thief had attempted to hot wire various electronic parts. I got all the extra wires removed and things looked back to stock. Pulled the spark plugs and was going to check for ignition and if the starter still worked. Well, they both worked alright and guess what - the cylinder was flooded with fuel! Instant flames with gas spraying all over...great!! I managed to use my hands to put out the fire, good thing I had on gloves (but choked they were ruined of course, haha). Seems it's possible to flood an engine with efi when you put power straight to the injectors, doh! As in much of life, you cannot take things for granted (I'd only seen carbs flood like that). And even though it had spark, the quad still needed a new ECM to run - that part alone was $1200. So lets hear your stories, crazy stuff happens every day I'm sure.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Trent Finnessey
      So I’m 14 years old right now..... I’m a pretty good rider for my age, I have a 98’ 300ex that I’m tryna sell. I’m thinking of a 400ex or should I skip the 400 and just go to a 450r or something along those lines? 
    • By Xyla Cat
      View File 2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R Service Manual
      2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R Service Manual
      Submitter Xyla Cat Submitted 08/25/2018 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By Xyla Cat
      2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R Service Manual
    • By 2 fast 4 u
      So i recently bought a Honda TRX 450r 05 kick start model i am the 3rd owner. this bike ripped when it was running but i ceased it.I freed up the piston but there is little compression now. i think i ran it out of oil but it was like 20hrs or so since the last oil change. My real question is that i heard you have to rebuild the top end every 15 hours is this true? Now i have bought a new big bore kit to replace the cylinder and the piston but i dont really want to have to rebuild it every 15hrs.