Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

sebringwarrior

03 Warrior is splitting Intake Manifolds

I rebuilt my 2003 Warrior 350. It ran perfectly for about 20 hours and then started back firing just a bit but causes the Intake Manifold to split at where the rubber meets the aluminum. I rebuilt the carb. I readjusted the air fuel mixture screw. I rechecked the valve lash. I even tried a high flow open air box. The spark plug looks healthy and proper. This is the third intake I have gone through in as many weeks! A mechanic mentioned that it could be the Pulsar acting up? Can the Pulsar cause that? Has anyone heard of a warrior splitting intakes like that? Other than that, the ATV runs like a beast! Any help would be grealty appreciated!!!

Edited by sebringwarrior
mistake

Did you do have the head serviced when you did the rebuild, vavle grind, new vavles, or anything? If the intake valve isn't sealing well or not closing all the way, then you could get combustion or just compression blowing back through the carb. If that happened when the carb slide was closed, I could see it rupturing the intake boot. This is a pretty strange occurence. I guess if the pulsar was acting up, it could cause the CDI to fire the coil during the intake stroke, that may cause enough of an explosion to blow back through the intake valve and rupture the boot. In order for this to happen, the intake valve has to be open, there must be some kind of combustion or compression building while it is open, and I would think that the carb slide would have to be closed or partially closed for the pressure to rupture the boot, those are usually pretty tough. This is one problem I have definately never heard of before, good luck to you.

Edited by DirtDemon

I did, infact, have the head serviced when I had the motor rebuilt. i was hoping that that wsn't the problem, but I have to concur with your analysis. thank you very much.

You are most welcome, lets just hope that the pulsar coil is actually the issue, at least that would not require taking your motor back apart. Also, if the capacitor in the CDI box is discharging prematurely, it could cause the same problems as a bad pulsar coil. Or maybe somthing (ie. metal chip) floating around under the stator cover could be falsely triggering the pulsar coil. Just a couple of random thoughts there, woud be easier to check things like that instead of removing your cylinder head. Good luck.

Edited by DirtDemon

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Orangejbird
      My Dad's 03 Manual Vinson has milky oil. He changed oil and ran it everyday for a week being sure to keep it running for an hour each time. Fresh oil is getting milky again..
      Thinking it's the water pump seal. Has anyone here successfully changed the seal or even replaced the whole pump assembly?
    • By Dave HRABCSAK
      2004 LT-Z400 carburetor Question. Can someone please tell me what this screw does? and and what it's purpose is? (picture attached) Thanks

• By jimsvtx
      I'm working on my brothers' 2002 Suzuki Vinson 500 . It sat for a few years before I got into it. I'm concentrating on the carb - I replaced orings, needle, etc. and soaked jets, bowl and anything that I could get off the carb that the solution wouldn't eat. I also removed the tank and flushed it with hot water - it's clean. The gas cap innards rusted away and the tank had a lot of rust and water in it before I cleaned it. I replaced the gas cap and installed a new fuel valve because the screens were broken in the old one. The bike will run but spits and sputters and backfires. If you "open it up" it falls on its face and stalls - but starts right up. Here is a link to an exploded view of the carb: Ohio Honda Yamaha Motorcycle ATV Dealer - J & J Motors - Kawasaki Suzuki Scooter Utility vehicle, parts, accessories, apparel
      Can anyone point me in the direction of the problem? It may still be a "clean carb parts issue" . My problem is that the parts list doesn't identify the parts to a degree that I understand. If you said" look at the pilot jet", I'm not sure which jet that would be....See what I mean? It'll run very good if I remove the air filter and cover the opening with my hand and part my fingers a little for the air to get in. Any help is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance, Jim
    • By JacobSlabach
      got 7 atvs off CL recently for a good price.  one of which is a yamaha warrior.  anyone know where the vin is printed on this bike?  Haha good place to start as I do not know year or size yet.  The former owner says needs exhaust ans and clutch work.  he said it ran fine until the clutch cable broke and then I couldn't get the new cable adjusted right and it would grind gears.  things I see:  clutch cable locked up again, no brakes, carb leaking (green with algae around the bowl and has gelled gas stalagtights on it), aftermarket exhaust melted the airbox so I need something different and a new air box.  I would like the use the current exhaust if I can but I have a feeling its a redneck fix as it looks like there is an ace bandage holding it to the exhaust pipe (its an aftermarket slip-on exhaust), so I'm not sure about that- lets get the bike running first.  also, battery (looks brand new, what a shame) is dead, 0 volts.  Otherwise, bike looks to have not been wrecked, and plastics are ok (it sat outside under a 'tarp' for 3+ years since it was run last).  any tips and advise on where to start first would be awesome as this is my first clutched bike (manual).
      the clutch is my main concern- I've never rode a clutched bike so I dont even know what its supposed to feel like.  lol I'm spoiled on my automatic polaris 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Kingquad1
      Hello I am new hear. I just purchased a 1998 Big Bear. It was sitting for 3yrs in storage. The guy I bought it from got the carb cleaned and it runs good. I am having problems with the neutral light. When I shift into neutral the light does not come on. If I mess with the gear shifter, I can get it to come on so I can start it. I can still pull the hand brake and start it that way. I cant find the neutral safity switch on this machine. Any suggestions would be great.
    • By atvinca
      I just picked up a really clean 1995 Moto 4 350. It runs great, but it will only go into one forward gear, neutral and reverse. I can run the shifter up and down and it will finally find a gear, or neutral. What should I do to trouble shoot this?
      Does anyone have a service/repair manual for this model?
      Thanks!
    • By bayouman
      I have a 1992 Kawasaki bayou 300 4x4. My initial problem it would not run unless full choke was on. So I tried cleaning carb and installed a rebuild kit and it ran bit better but not much. So I replaced carb and spark plug and regulator/rectifier. During testing of new carb the rectifier burned up so I replaced it. Now it fires up and idles fine but it backfires when you rev it up and then it will die as if the key was turned off. Now I know that the coil, cdi box, and stator are all connected. But I don't want to replace any unnecessary parts . This seems to be a ignition/electrical problem. I could really use some advice here as how to go about this. Thanks.
    • By Kamo
      i was given a 2003 Polaris trailblazer 250! I have tried 2 different carbs that I purchased off of eBay and they were garbage. Brilliantly Polaris discontinued the carb for the trailblazer, is their anything out there that is compatible??!