Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

mike13ortega

HELP!!! 2000 Kawasaki Mojave won't run.

i bought a 2000 kawasaki mohave 250 water cooled, of coarse its not running i bought for $200 bucks, but came with brand good tiresPLUS some brand new tires not even mounted in the rims, anyways i tried checking spark by kickstarting it and no luck, any help would be helpfull, i need to know why its not getting spark, everythings plugged in, the coil looks good, could it be stator) magneto?? please help

Your best bet is to get a repair manual. There are some tests you can perform with a multimeter on some of the ignition components. That will either help you find the problem, or atleast rule a few things out. I would double check all wires switches and connections, test for power running through the ignition curcuits, check for blown fuses. You might try a new spark plug. I would also check the flywheel key to see if it is sheared off.

Probably not, if you connected the two wires that go into the key switch, you have effectively bypassed it. I would seriously just get a manual, you will want to have it anyway. The factory repair manuals are a bit spendy, but worth it. However, you can find cheaper manuals like Clymer manuals, for around $20-$30, still well worth the money.

i also want to include that the key is missing , but i connected the 2 wires, could this be it??

That is your problem right there. For the mojave to run the ignition wires can not be touching each other or the chassis also check the kill swith in the run position with a multimeter you should measure infiniate ohm if you have 0 its won't allow the bike to fire. And no need to buy a manual here it is for free just make sure youblook in the back of it to see what has changed through the years. If it doesn't work let me know I have the mojave manual saved on my computer.

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=VGlkckhYcVg4Q1IzZUE9PQ

So, then, is does that mean the ignition would effectively be turned on if he separated the wires? What is the point of the key switch, does it open or close a circuit to turn the ignition on?

So, then, is does that mean the ignition would effectively be turned on if he separated the wires? What is the point of the key switch, does it open or close a circuit to turn the ignition on?

Leave the wires open, not touching each other or the frame. turning the key on opens the stop circuit and allows the bike to run. I ran my mojave without the key and ignition switch for months just have to tape the end of the wires off so they didn't touch the frame. Other wise you'll have premature shut down or you'll be sitting there chasing your tail on why the bike wont start.

yea i tried it and no luck.. but i checked the stator and found a crack in the flywheel!!! i wonder if thats the reason for no spark?? since the flywheel is basically a magneto on these kawasakies

It is like that on all ATVs. I would think that you should still get spark, as long as the crack is not on the part of the flywheel that triggers the pulsar coil. However, it should be replaced because the cracked flywheel could turn into a broken flywheel, and that could cause alot of damage. So I would definately start with that. If you still have problems, try to find the specs for direct resistance testing on the ignition components.

yea i tried it and no luck.. but i checked the stator and found a crack in the flywheel!!! i wonder if thats the reason for no spark?? since the flywheel is basically a magneto on these kawasakies

that could be part of your issue. plus you might want to check the pick up coil is working properly that cause a lot of firing issues as well. In the manual there was a section on how to test it.

I would check ebay for a good used flywheel and give it a try, even if it isn't the reason that you aren't getting spark, you don't want to have that cracked one explode and ruin something else.

Hey guys I bought a kawasaki mojave 250 year 2000. I have had it a month sounds like it has some piston slap on the right but not sure. Today I was on a ride and all was well I was about 30 miles from home ( normal ride not going fast. Do it daily ) and bike shut down making some crazy noises. Wont restart. Has good gas and oil. Any ideas, did the motor blow? Maybe because of timing? Any ideas cause I'm lost. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.