Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

oxidized_black

snorkel kit for 05 yamaha grizzly 660

hey all

just about to purchase a snorkel kit for my 05 660 grizzly and was wondering about something.

the one kit im looking at is the nicest looking yet, but it is only intake, cvt and other vent lines. i saw other kits that include the drive belt.

just wondering which one i should go with. if i really don't need a breather for the belt, im ordering the kit online today. i have driven in water before lots of times and my belt has never slipped once.

thanks

david

That really depends on you and if if the belt hasn't slipped before and you feel pretty confident that it will be fine, then go with that kit.

I really don't have much experience dealing with belt drive systems, but I would think that a re-located vent for the drive belt cover would be good to have. If you get water in there, it certainly wouldn't help things. If you really like that particular kit, you could always make your own breather for that part. I would think it would be pretty simple.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By YamahaGrizzly
      https://youtu.be/Sfbfu6H0mrU
    • By raybob
      replacing carb,, the bigger line on right side top of carb does it just vent to the air,, cant find where to hook it up to also I want to check the oil and gear oil I checked the oil in motor and the rear end my question is looks like allen plug on left side of motor if you are setting on the 4 wheller, ps it hs a oli leak any help would be great. Ray in kentucky
    • By seth baronie
      Need a stock drive clutch for a 2015 sportsman XP 1000. Part number 1322953
      [email protected]
      paypal ready
    • By Tahj
      Do I need to remove the balancer driven gear to remove the timing chain.
      If so, how?
      Thanks

• By Tahj
      I am looking to see why my 2005 Grizzly  660 won't crank. I have set the valves but suspect a loose timing chain.
      When working to remove the valve cover I found a "cap tensioner case" - parts #25  - #299 on Babbitts site.
      The  cover seems to bridge the valve cover and the cylinder head. What the hell is it and what surprises will I  find if I remove it?
      Uncharted territory for me.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Ajmboy
      This is more of an informational fix I wanted to share..
      My Grizzly has been getting harder and harder to shift this winter and today was completely stuck and I needed to plow the few inches that came down this morning. First thought...oh no, tranny...but it’s winter and maybe it’s iced up. I pulled off the plastic to see what was going on and indeed I did find the drain tube iced up. 
      I took the blow dryer out and de-iced it. Quick fix, I never really thought about the shifter drain tube icing up before, shifts like new!

FA04AC3B-4FB0-4764-AFD9-1492F5CC790B.MOV
    • By Matt Dyche
      Can anyone give me guidance on my issue. I have a 02 Grizzly 660 and replaced the wet clutch, primary shaft, one way bearing.  Today I was riding since I tested and was driving about 20-25 mph and all of a sudden the tires locked up, heard a screeching sound, and engine died.  Didn’t have a clue what was going on, decided to try and restart, engine turned over normal but engine hesitated slightly, started and had to assist with the throttle.  It seemed to do this for a minute then seemed to straighten out.  Got home, pull clutch cover and test drove to witness clutch operation and everything looks and sounds perfect.  Could not duplicate.  Please help. 
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • By alexcross324
      Hi all, I try to find this manual in the threads but you have a lot of stock here
      Cannot find this particular manual.
      I found it for YFM200 but not sure if they are the same.
      Thanks if you could help me with that.
      Im new here so if I did something wrong, please tell me.