Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Got another question....lol.... im pretty good at asking and always want to try and help answer some if I can.... my question is - my choke/starter cable doesnt seem to me seating all the way when in the non choked position. I can see some rust up around the lever on the cable part itself and was wondering if there is a way you can lube these or would it be best to just replace it with a new. Any info is highly appreciated.

Edited by dcata

you can get cable lube ,but if they look that bad i would replace them anyway,better now than having problems out on the trails

you can get cable lube ,but if they look that bad i would replace them anyway,better now than having problems out on the trails

I agree with Mike:yes: Just get new cables :yes: The trails are no place to have one break

Hey thanks for the input. Wasnt for sure as the cable doesnt look bad, just rusty from where the guy I got it from had it sitting around. I will go with my original gut feeling and just get a new one.

dcata, please edit your topic title and add your ATV year, make, and model. In all the mechanical threads, we try to title/re-title them fully for search and indexing. Thanks :wink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By WILYUMS
      Took a little ride around the farm today. It was good to get away from the TV, Politicians, and all around bad news. Only an hour or two, but helped recharge me. This is in Western KY on our farm. About 85 degrees today here. I will still get you guys a run down in the newer ohv and atv parks here in this end of the state. But not today I'm thinking of heading back out for a night ride later.

• By Buell
      I have a 05 sportsman 700 carb and I also have tires and rims from an 19 Polaris General. Bolt pattern is the same. Do I need to change out the studs to be bigger?
    • By Karen McDowell
      Went to change oil and get my sons  2000 Suzuki King Quad 300 ready for spring and found the left front wheel wont move at all but the right does. Doesn't matter if it's 2 or 4 wheel drive same issue. Nothing looks bent, tie rod ends and ball joints in place jacked it up and shook wheel and bearing seems tight. Any ideas before I tear the dang thing apart?  Of course my son has no idea what happened.  
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alan Callison
      I just got a 2004 Yamaha that needs some work.Its got wet brakes on the front that Im trying to get working.My problem is the brake lever.This the lever on it now.On the master cylinder it has a cable in it that has the wire that fits in a slot inside the lever itself but this lever isn't made for that.I dont know if whoever had it before didn't know what they were doing or what but its the wrong lever for this machine. Can someone point me in the right direction here? I looked at the Yamaha website and the schematics only show a part that looks like this one here. Again,I have a 2004 Yam 400 Kodiak 4x4 and its an automatic model. BTW,the master cyl. was bone dry. I was gonna change out the rear brake shoes and when I went to pull off the wheel,get this, each wheel stud had 2 different sized washers holding the lug nuts to the wheel rim. The stud holes were so worn out it had worn away the base of the studs and the holes were the size of  quarter! Im lucky someone didn't die while riding this! A word to the wise.Pay attention to what you buy.Look carefully and keep a keen eye out. This was my fault because it was the 1st ATV Id ever bought and I didnt notice alot on this machine so I guess I count myself lucky in that I didnt get hurt nor did anyone else who rode it either.
    • By quintain
      Hi, (Big Bear 350 4x4 1990 +- year, I am still looking for the VIN).
      Quad starts and runs and has 2 cables coming out of the throttle cable assembly one goes to the carb the other is not connected.
      Where should the unconnected cable be connected to ???
      I have a service manual but can only find talk of "Throttle valve cable" and "Piston valve cable" I cannot see where the "piston valve cable connects.
      Any help especially with pictures would be good.