Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

hvy_chevy_one

2003 Honda 400 EX Oil Changes

Hey guys im sure its some where posted on here alredy, but i was wondering how often i should change the oil on my 03 400EX. the guy i got it from before said he did it every 3 rides. Any help will be appreciated..

Thanks!

I have read on other forums that most people like to change it every 30 hours or so, which seems about right to me.

Sounds about, betwen 25-30 hours or by mileage if you have an odometer. Some manufacturers recommend every 5 rides also.

* Added year, make, and model to thread title.

Edited by Ajmboy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By bradley nelson
      Im cool with the police in my area so i can ride on public roads.
    • By StolenATV
      Met with this guy to sell the unit. He was looking the unit over while sitting on it and next thing happened he took off on it right in front of me. I had my wife and kids with me and our hearts sank. The rear tires are very easily spotted by having a large yellow W for the brand Bkt
      The post 2005 400ex appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By Finsdad
      Im new to the forum and the quad I just got. I want to change oil in in. Its almost impossible to find anything on-line. I know it takes 10w40 and know the oil filter location. What oil should I use? Is there a cross reference for oil filter. The closest dealer to me is an hour away. I have NAPA close and like the WIX or Napa gold filters. Also is where can I get a Manuel for it? Thanks
    • By Wali
      I was riding my 400ex one day and when i shut it off to put it in the garage i tried to start it put again to drive it into the garge and it wouldnt start.I put a compression tester on it and its like 30 psi with out throttle and 0 psi WITH THROTTLE.
      when i put my finger over the hole it fell likes its pulling my finger in more then its pushing it out 

Has good spark.When i took it into the shop the said it had 1oz of oil in it and a tiny pit of metal shaving(TINY BIT LIKE 30 flakes)
      When i try to pull start (push start/roll start) it made a not normal sound  and wouldnt stay running.
      If my bottom end is blow why would it still turn over fine,
      Are my valves siezed or not working properly 
      or is my timing off causeing valves to not open in correct order with fire 
      PLEASE HELP all help is appreciated 
    • By jasongeary
      I'm in southeast Idaho. Fall Creek area near Swan Valley is our go-to. Kelly Canyon area has some decent trails. I've heard there is good riding around Mackay and the Lemhis/Lost River range area but we've never ventured that far. Where do you ride around Idaho Falls?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By johncb
      I had the local garage change the oil and filter in my machine and ever since they changed it there has been an oil leak. Taken it back several times and they can't figure out the problem.
    • By mmgood
      Hey people
      Question for all, just picked a 1986 bayou 300 thinking of going synthetic any thoughts ?
    • By quadcrazy
      Common misconception is that you need to return to the dealer for an exact
      oil filter for your ATV.  Aftermarket companies actually make filters for
      the O.E.M. market. Why go to the dealer when you can get the exact filter you
      need at your local auto parts store such as CARQUEST or NAPA. Wix corporation
      makes ATV filters that you'll find in most of your popular autopart stores. 
      In most cases, you'll pay allot less! 
      WIX is a leader in the filter business.  Check out this
      ATV FILTER CATALOG.  Remember, you can
      right down the filter # and have it cross-referenced at your local autopart
      store if they don't carry WIX, CARQUEST, or NAPA.
      You can also click on the part # for the filter image.

https://www.autopartsforum.com/topic/23-showmetheparts-catalog/

• By caperman
      Can anyone tell me a oil I could use in my 99 Honda 450 automatic instead of Honda brand.. I live about 60 miles from the dealer so gets expensive.  Thanks