Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

marioweldinginc

Newbie from Long Island, NY

Hi Everyone

I bought my first clutch quad - a 2003 Honda 400ex in May. I have never rode it before because I am on the Land of NO-NOTHING concerning ATVs.

I also have a Yamaha 200 Shaft Moto4 that is in Delaware County at my parents place. The land up there is being developed and most of the trails are gone. I don't ride up there anymore.

I would like to ride out in PA at Reading Anthracite. Anyone go there? If anyone is from LI,

would I be able to hitch a ride (quad too) as I dont have a tow vehicle yet. Im working on it. I would pay my own way and then some.

Thanks

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! What part of LI are you from?

Hi and welcome to QuadCrazy. I am right in the middle of Reading Anthracite's riding area. There is a little bit of every kind of riding in it. I don't ride on their grounds myself anymore, but rode there all the time when I was younger.

Hi and welcome to QuadCrazy. I am right in the middle of Reading Anthracite's riding area. There is a little bit of every kind of riding in it. I don't ride on their grounds myself anymore, but rode there all the time when I was younger.

Ive seen youtube videos from RAC and it looks beautiful over there!

I read alot of forums that complain about the RAC $125 permit price but thats a helluva lot less that the $1000 - 1200 per year pass just to ride on a man made track on LI.

Im from Bay Shore

That's cool, I've been out that way before with work. I'm also originally from North Merrick, in Nassau.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Andrew Klein
      Need some help please. I am trying to set timing on 4x4 350 bruin 2006. My brother and I disagree on which ones to use. If anyone has a picture they could share I would greatly appreciate it
    • By Freezeman
      I came across an odd temporary fix for a 1985 yamaha 80 ATV.  It has no spark, yet if I warm the CDI unit up a bit with a heat gun or hair dryer then it fires right up and runs fine until shut off then it returns to no spark until warmed up again. Partzilla shows $217 for a new CDI  
      It's sort of nuts how I found out the fix to warm it up. My old shop TV requires my heat gun warm up around the transformer area every day before it will turn on too.  
    • By Asen_77
      Hi All,
      My name is Asen and I am from Eastern Europe, Bulgaria. Riding a Yamaha Raptor 700R and this is my first Quad wanted for a vey long time :)

• By amelia slabbert
      Hi I have a YAMAHA RAPTOR 660R 2003
      I have taken of my Air filter and sprayed in my air inlet some carberator cleaner while starting it. That causes some problems. It struggles to start now. Please look at my attachedment video. 
      What can I do now.? 
      MOV_1402.mp4 MOV_1401.mp4
    • By Coyote251
      View File 2000 Yamaha Big Bear YFM400 Owners Manual
      This manual contains all information for owners of this vehicle including operational directions, safety and maintenance procedures
      Submitter Coyote251 Submitted 03/22/2018 Category Yamaha ATV  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By data89
      I don't have any lack of power on short hills, but when I get a long uphill road the ATV will slow way down to about 30KPH. If I work the throttle to give it more gas it just gets worse. Then if I let up on the throttle it runs better, but of course slows down even more. Am I looking at a carb problem, or what? I tried getting at the air screw, but can barely get a screwdriver in it and then can't adjust...won't turn at all. I cannot find a fuel adjustment screw anywhere I can see on the carb, and the manual does not show one. My plug is burning black, wouldn't that be too much fuel, and how do I correct that? It may be that the engine is flooding when I go uphill and throttle up.
    • By shatty
      Anyone know where it is or how to get there?
    • By madstuff33
      hiya, im not really new to riding quads but i am new to owning my own (working) quad. i have a falcon 150, which isnt too bad, bit sluggish on steep inclines but overall far better than the smc r100 i used to own. i have a basic understanding of single cylinder bikes and a less than useful understanding of anything bigger so i may be asking for a lot of help lol. anyway, i look forward to being proved wrong relentlessly and actually maintaining a working bike