Quantcast

2009 Honda TRX700xx vs. 2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

Yeah, with the right gearing and mods! But in stock trim! Every quad has it's spot... XX: showroom floor... 700R: dunes & trails... 450's: track...

Stock for stock i think a raptor would be a bit faster then a honda 450r, but any of the other 450's like the new YFZ450R and the LTR450 would beat the crap out of a raptor stock vs stock. And also, the 700XX would be MUCH better then a raptor on trails because of the IRS, so it would be a much smoother ride.

Stock for stock i think a raptor would be a bit faster then a honda 450r, but any of the other 450's like the new YFZ450R and the LTR450 would beat the crap out of a raptor stock vs stock. And also, the 700XX would be MUCH better then a raptor on trails because of the IRS, so it would be a much smoother ride.

Stock vs stock on what? This is stupid... Are we talking sand, dirt, uphill, downhill or concrete WTF?

The only way a 700XX would beat a 700 raptor (Both stock) would be down a steep hill were the EXTRA 90 LBS would come in on the XX... So if you ride downhill all the time hmm might be a good choice..

Like my grandpa always said... "When I was a kid we walked to school uphill in 4 foot of snow both ways" Thats BS And we all know that we don't ride downhill all the time.

Edited by Blue_Death

Yeah, with the right gearing and mods! But in stock trim! Every quad has it's spot... XX: showroom floor... 700R: dunes & trails... 450's: track...

Also same tires VS same tires one atv (If it weighs more) will be affected differently. IT COULD be for better or worse... Heavy would hook up on dirt better and get out quicker? BUT On concrete that is 100% flat AKA a good drag strip is the TRUE test.

I think its because they have only been out since what 2008? Where as the raptor has been out since 2006 and then the 660 was out for a while before that so people already new about it and what not. Its the same thing with the KFX450, it has only been out since 2008 and not many people have them because of that but its still a great quad.

Either you like irs or u dont i went from a kfx700 to a 700xx in a drag race the 700xx is not the fastest however in rocky rutted nasty stuff my my 700xx can keep up with the dirt bikes in my group. From what i have read the ltron8 sway bar gives the xx a more solid axel feel. The xx is not a good quad for jumping and when you launch it it does not allways go strait. The best part about the quad is that doesent beat you up...

• 2 months later...