Quantcast

Hi to everyone!!

cheriah

did what show up yet...the camera?? Heck no, remember i'm eating canned spam and hamburger helper for the next month cuz of what I spend on this quad in a month.....no money for a camera::frown: We have 4 wheeler day coming up in October and if I don't have my own camera by then...I'm sure someone else there will:laugh: who is asking about the butt floss??? Yhat's a G string...don't do those eewww!::no:

now ya know its gonna take more than pete to scare me off, hehe:yes: Just finished fine tuning the quad and it is purrin like a kitten!! (me 2, but dont tell pete):laugh: Header pipe issue solved too, so now I have to fight my son to ride....lookin for a second one (miss my yamaha:frown: Cant afford another banshee, anyone know about the blasters?? Really would like a 4wd also, but cant afford that either, and Im partial to 2 strokes!!! (OMG dont tell pete THAT either) sorry, still no camera.........

WELL....:aargh:....I jinxed myself yesterday with my post.......bike just did'nt sound right today, sounded boggy at higher speeds....son was riding and the idle went way up like the throttle was wide open and it died right before that happened. We restarted it and thus the high rpm's.....*sigh* Any suggestions?? (I'm gonna cry:frown:....seriously)I checked and tried to adjust idle screw,,,no effect on rpm's.....I'm thinkin airleak, but where?:realmad:

well........rode for a few days and had a lot of fun on it...finally,,,,but sadly, I did not check the nuts on the cylinder after a few hours of riding, and one came loose....leak! I am so mad, scored the heck out of the new piston, freshly honed cylinder, and metal shavings in the bottom of the block. That was the last bore on the cylinder too.....found one locally i am going to pick up tomorrow and will be able to use the piston i bought that was the wrong size after the cylinder is honed...(they said it was stock bore, I can only hope) the piston I bought is 20 over, so we'll see. So, after 3 nights of howling at the full moon with drink in hand, I am refocused on getting this done right this time,,,LOL! :yes: what a learning lesson that was! Jeff, did u get your quad fixed yet?

Many days spent on the internet and to day it paid off. I ran across someone having the same problem. It' a part of the front actuator. It's rectangle shaped metal block know as a collar. I had found it and thought it was the problem but coul not find out if I could just buy the part and what it was called till today. This little block of metal is 25.00 I don't even thank it's 1\2" long. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. It would be so nice to be able to buy a new quad. We never know how the used ones we buy have been kept up.

Glad you figured out the problem and part, it is nice that ajmboy posted the parts schematics for my bike, and I thanked him for it last night (I've been on that page MANY times, LOL).It is sad how much the parts cost, but when you think of how often we use the bikes, it's not too bad. Now Pete,,,,,, YOU know I don't have a camera.......but I did take pics on my phone, especially how to put everything back together, and the handy dandy Polaris manual helps too......picked up the new cylinder this morning and it is stock bore (YAY), also bought a complete engine off of ebay last night, just in case.... so let the honing begin!!!:biggrin: The moon is done being full so no more howling either...LOL:yes:

Glad you figured out the problem and part, it is nice that ajmboy posted the parts schematics for my bike, and I thanked him for it last night (I've been on that page MANY times, LOL).It is sad how much the parts cost, but when you think of how often we use the bikes, it's not too bad. Now Pete,,,,,, YOU know I don't have a camera.......but I did take pics on my phone, especially how to put everything back together, and the handy dandy Polaris manual helps too......picked up the new cylinder this morning and it is stock bore (YAY), also bought a complete engine off of ebay last night, just in case.... so let the honing begin!!!:biggrin: The moon is done being full so no more howling either...LOL:yes:

You can borrow my camera !! LOL

Edited by quadnut20

For right now I unpluged the kebc on my quad and running in 4wd till I get the collar steering sucks in 4wd but it's better thn not riding at all.

My quad is totally hammered, you wouldn't believe what I go through to go riding, but that is what seperates us from everyone else. We need to ride it is in our DNA.:yes: