Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

cassmanbearcat

1999-2000 Polaris 325 trail boss electric start trouble

the start button quit working so i intalled new one, still nothing, it will not try and start at all like its not getting and power to the button

so i thot its the cylinoid (which sits next to the battery which is above the left back tire) I put brand new one on still nothing...when i jump the cylinoid with a piece of copper wire it starts right up....

is there a fuse or something that leads to the starter button that could be blown?

I took the seat off and tracked the wire from the cylinoid to the starter button and i noticed the wire goes into something that is wrapped in some kind of black rubber plastic looking square shaped thing... the wire goes in one side and out the other? what is inside that black rubber thing? a fuse? could that be the problem? i dont want to cut it open if i dont need to.....

all help is needed thanks....

I am having the exact same issue. I assume the relay was already replaced by cassmanbearcat because the relay is the little box next to the battery and if you short across it you can start the quad. Also if you pull the start cord manually with the switch on you can start it

now with that being said there is one other symptom.

When you turn the switch to the run position you hear the relay make a slight click / ding sound and about every 7 seconds the relay does a slight different sound and then 1/2 second later does it again. It also turns the light on and back off in the 1/2 second between clicks. This makes me think there is a short, but I don't see anything wrong. Also when I started having this issue it happened while camping, but messing with the switch got it to start so I thought replacing the switch would fix it. I think this is all the information that I can think of to offer and I would greatly appreciate some direction on this issue.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

2000 polaris 325 trail boss, I am also having electrical isues. pull start runs fine but no lights or cooling fan? will roll if i jump solenoid. no nuetral or reverse lights. while spraying it off with hose after a ride it all worked, fan came on the like that it quit

Edited by 79davecampbell
submit to replies

Sounds like a bad ground or wire connection. The water allowed for current to pass and make a temporary connection. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.