Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Dean

Honda 300 Fourtrax Stalls After Warm

I have a 300 fourtrax that kills on me after it runs for a little whill or after it warms up can any body help me .I think I have tried every thing but there has to be some thing that I have not tried.HELLLLLP!!!!!!!!

Vapor lock possibly. Gas cap vent may be bad. did you losen of rmove your cap once it warms up to see if it still quits?

yes and it still dose it.But when I try to restart it kinda back fires and then it will finaly crank but it runs like crap.

What is the Year,Make and Model of this.

And a bike will run on choke until it gets warm then it will die and it will cause it to backfire trying to start it. If the choke isn't on then check your air filter. Sounds like an air flow problem.

Does it start up right after it dies or do you have to let it set for a while? If you have to let it cool it might be the coil.

Also sounds like an air flow or choke problem to me. What year is this?

* Added manufacturer, model, and issue into thread title. Missing year.

check to make shure it dosent have a vaccume leak on the intake boot....i have seen them have a crack or not seal very well and will do this once they warm up... it also could be vapor locking ... put a piece of wire around the fuel line ... wrap it around several times .... or use the old clothes pit trick

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By BUKNDUK
      Hello all
      I am looking for some suggestions what to apply to the camouflage body on a 2019 Yamaha Kodiak 700 eps to keep the mud from sticking. We have a lot of alkali white dirt that rusts metal 
      Thanks in advance 

• By mike13ortega
      hey i recently bought a 1988 honda fourtrax trx300 2wd that dosnt run, it has no spark when i tryied kickstarting it the neutral light comes right up so i thought it may have some spark but checked it with the sparkplug against the frame and electric starting it and NO SPARK!!! so i dont know what might be wrong, i checked all the wiring and it all looks good, i put my honda recon coil it it and still no spark so im left with maybe a bad cdi??? or what else could it be??? any help please
    • By Steven Workman
      So I have a Honda Fourtrax 300 year 1988. The ignition doesn’t start it with no sound. The headlights won’t turn on. It has a brand new charged battery, fuses are good, oil is good, gas is good, reverse is rusted, it shifts good, won’t jumpstart but when you try it will turn over, it will start if you jump the solenoid give it gas and spray starter fluid on the breather but it won’t stay on long but will stay on for the little time it does by itself. I don’t know what’s wrong and I need help!
    • By Travis Johnson
      My 1988 Honda 300 fourtrax has a short all of sudden neutral light works but when I put on headlight nothing can't start it unless kick start please help
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Guythis448
      Looking for help on wiring up stock wiring harness specifically for a '88 Honda TRX 300 
      If anyone could drop a link or send me a PM it would be much appreciated 
    • By Ashton Crawford
      Hello everyone, i have 2000 Polaris Trail Blazer 300 I’ve been stumped on for weeks. I’m having a lot of issues starting the quad. I cleaned the carb spotless because I thought it was a carb issue and bought a new fuel line because it wasn’t getting fuel. The carb gets fuel perfectly fine now but it won’t start. The spark plug I a little worn out but it’s good enough for just one start. The only time it does “start” is when I spray starter fluid into the carb. But it never stays on. It’ll start for a bout a second then just die out immediately even if you’re giving it some throttle and the choke is on. I have no clue what I should do. If you need more information, have questions, or have any slight idea what the issue would be and how I could resolve it. Please reply ASAP. Thank you.
    • By Alan Callison
      OK ya'll.My son bought this thing and was told its a Kaw Bayou 300. Maybe. I cant find any numbers on it.The one tag I did find its so faded as to be unreadable. Its a long shot but maybe someone can help ID it. Thanks in advance.

• By Jeff Wharton
      I have a 2000 Arctic Cat 300 4 wheeler. I have been having some carburetor issues. So i bought a new carb. Now I'm having these issues. The unit will start and idle fine, when i go to accelerate it wants to cut off. So i checked to make sure it was getting gas and the fuel filter will be full of gas and then once the carb opens the filter drains down and will not refill quick enough to run. So i checked to make sure gas was flowing to the filter and it is flowing fine through the line. I remove the filter and run the gas line directly to the carb and the engine idle fine and then it will run good as i ride it for about 10 minutes then it will start with the same issues again i cannot accelerate enough to move the 4 wheeler. Every time i accelerate the unit will cut off. What is wrong with this thing. My 400 Arctic Cat is doing the same thing except it will backfire, I'm lost i have tried everything i know to do, what am i missing here. Thanks for your help
    • By Maurais
      I’m looking for new replacement shocks (front & rear.) on my 1997 Kawasaki Bayou 300 2x4. New OEM shocks are upwards of $400. I haven’t pulled the rims off to check the eyelet to eyelet length but I’m hoping an expert on this site does know( I called Kawasaki direct yesterday and they were of know help.) Any technical help would be appreciated. TY fellow members. Vic