Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

CK1999_400ex

What does your quad weigh ?

i found the paper work to the old 350 rancher 2wheel drive ... its 511 lbs dry weight

Edited by CK1999_400ex

been going through the file cabnet and finding old owners manuals and posting weights ... and of corse pushing my post count up ...

I have an 01 polaris scrambler 500 2x4 i think the dry weight is 523 lbs ya it is its on the manual but my quad probably ways a little bit less has a rear rack that is meant for like a cooler a 6 pack rack which is lighter than what came on there and have a fmf muffler which is significantly lighter than those heavy stock polaris mufflers i call them water spouts because it looks like something water or coffee would come out of but then again i did add a 7 inch light bar that about 5 pounds added a k&n filter 1 pound heavier lol just kidding its lighter than it was stock which is good because these are heavier quads.

My Honda ATC 250SX has a dry weight of 357 Lbs. 

Our Honda Recon ES has a dry weight of 414 Lbs. 

I love light ATVs that you can toss if around easily if you feel like it 😎

2001 Xplorer 400L > 570 lbs dry.

1996 Sportsman 500 > 649lbs dry.

1998 Sportsman 500 >660 lbs dry.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jeremy Morris
      If you're getting that pesky leaky seal on the pinion of your front differential and the pinion has allot of play, polaris won't sell the bushing needed to repair it properly without having to shell out big bucks for the complete ring and pinion kit. 
      I have a kit with an upgraded bushing, Japanese made bearing and USmade seal
      50 shipped in the US and 55 to Canada

• By Rushville
      2000 Sportsman 335 lost the speedo functions. Don't need the speedo but need AWD.  Is there a wiring bypass that can be done to activate AWD ? 
    • By bob5701954
      I am new to this forum, have been atving  for 3 yrs.  recently got rid of my old 2006 Yamaha Kodiak , bought an new  2016 570 sportsman , I noticed that it was rather open in the front portion of the bike , so I installed alum. checker  plate to protect the battery  and rad . hose.  but I did not think to protect the exposed sides of the rad. as I live in northern british Columbia and we drive on old logging roads and we clear a lot of trails. on my 3 rd ride I got a stick thru the rad, and into the  elec. fan .  2 rides  later  the fan broke apart.  but luckily  I ahd since put on home made side guards out of sheet metal .. this actually  created better air flow and kept the machine cooler, but my problem is with polaris,  they installed side rad  guards  on the 2014  models- the 2015 models, then took them off for 2016 , I have seen lots of complaints about over heating, as a result of no air flow  across the bike , due to no guards, then I get a picture of a 2016.5   limited edtion Canadian 570  that has rad. side guards, I put in an appeal and they will not come good for the fan and motor, I like the  bike a lot , but am not very happy with polaris and their stupid idea  to remove the side guards, not everyone drives on logging  roads
                                        bob5701954
    • By bob5701954
      hey everyone , merry x-mas to one and all , I have just have to had my shocks and springs replaced on my    2016 POLARIS  SPORTSMAN 570 , it was riding really low and did not know that was the problem, it only  has 2000 kilo`s   on it.   anyway this time I got it done on warranty ,  I now have the rear springs  set on number  4 to help the shocks  and support the load,  mu question is does anyone know the spring rate of the rear    O.E.M.. SPRINGS,    I am toying with the idea if this happens again to get s some what stiffer spring , but have spent hrs. trying to find  info ,but no luck,  trying to find new ones is no problem high lifter states  that their springs   are 25-30-  %   stiffer which is the area   THAT I AM THINKING IF I DO REPLACE THE O.E.M. .  any info would be great
                                                                                                                                    bob5701954
    • By Sturgeon
      Hello everyone, did a search and not successful. Purchased new 2017 Sportsman 570 sp and my power steering is not working. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Works then it doesn't. Dealer says there's not a fix. Thought it was just me and it being a brand new machine with 4 hours on it. Dealership said it's this model only ? Not sure what a person in this spot is suppose to do and wondering are your thoughts mite be. Thanks 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By LTZ-Zach
      So i was riding the other day and my quad randomly shut off. It started back up and ran completely fine for a little while and then it started idling terribly.
      I cleaned the carb and changed all the jets and everything except the float due to the rebuild kit not coming with one and it actually runs worse then it did before.
      It will run and idle decent now but when I give it gas it dies.
      Does anybody know what could be wrong?
      I also changed the spark plug and air filter along with the oil and oil filter.

• By johnwayne
      i have a 2000 suzuki king quad lt-f300f that i picked up as a project bike. it didnt run well when it was parked outside 5 years ago. it cranked after putting fresh gas - but would not run below half throttle, i took apart the carb, cleaned debris, and re-assembled. i suspect that the pilot needle is sheared off - it never protrudes into the throttle body through the pinhole. now to get the bike to ALMOST idle, the throttle idle adjustment knob is all the way up/in. the pilot needle is turned almost all the way in/up (if i understand correct, it should nominally be out 2 1/4 turns or so). and like i said, it will ALMOST idle. floods easily, rides rough.
      wanted to hear from those more experienced than me with suzukis - and im self-taught atv repair, so dont laugh too hard if my verbiage/part names is way off. 
      facing the driver's side of the bike [US] there are three hoses on this side of the carb. without a service manual or way of knowing what was messed up before i got it, i think i have them right: front hose as a vacuum to the petcock, middle hose as vacuum to the fuel pump, rear hose as fuel line from the fuel pump. running the bike in prime position results in flooding even while riding. with all hoses disconnected from the carb, fuel slowly drips from the vacuum line connected to the petcock.
      so just my speculation is that the diaphragm in the petcock is split, and the pilot needle is broke off - causing my inability to not quite idle and the rough ride. this suzuki is hoses and cables everywhere compared to the honda ranchers and yamaha warriors i am used to. I would like to have a plan rather than: replace everything at once.
      is my speculation on the right track, or could something else be at play? say, if the compression was non-existent, would that cause non-idling? i am all ears, look forward to the input.