Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

CK1999_400ex

What does your quad weigh ?

Well I found specs on my Yamaha Warrior saying dry weight as 397lbs.

Now the question is if I add the oil and about a gallon and a half of gas and and coated it in mud how much would it weigh. I had it stuck in a wash and I picked up the front end and put it up on the ledge of the wash then picked up the rear end and rolled it up on to the ledge of the wash.

Had a sore chest all week cause of that.

lol.. i know how that is ... you should tru doing that with a quad over 500 lbs ... its a real chore ... i have put a cheap 1500 lb winch on my Vforce and it really helps with things like that ...

my quad stock is 600lbs. i have over size tires, skid plates and bumpers to add more ... i know its one heavy mf if stuck in mud, thank god for diff lock and thank warn for winches!

geez, the big bear 350 i have is 567lbs. dry. thought it would be much lighter than the grizzly...

Edited by oxidized_black

some quads are very heavy ... my polaris 500X2 weighs 798 lbs dry ... :huh:

man o man. i didn't think you were serious, so i went online and saw a 2008 500x2 weighed in at 830lbs. dry. is that retarded or what? you sure don't want that beast to roll onto you for sure! sorry i doubted you. hahaha

i have rolled it 1 time and it chaced me down a hill i was glad it went away from me that time ... im not going to climb that hill any more an i check the back side of every hill now 2 make shure its not that rough on the other side ...

my 400ex is under 400 lbs .... and is easy to throw around

Your right I have to use some body language to get it around tight turns but its easy to throw around trails

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

my V force is 520 lbs but has about 67 horse ... wich really makes up for the weight i have several new goodies for it that will bring it up to 75hp that will be put on it this winter

my V force is 520 lbs but has about 67 horse ... wich really makes up for the weight i have several new goodies for it that will bring it up to 75hp that will be put on it this winter

I'll race you:biggrin:

but what i dont tell or show people is the zex nitrous bottle on it ... its hiding under the plastic ... thats another 50 to 75 hp ... lol..

it has twin carbs and i have the jet kit but dont remember what size i put in it .. it was only a couple sizes over stock .. it has an air box mod on it that i fornd on another site ... the nitrous is the little tank like the nos brand they call sneeky pete its only the size of a can of hair spray .. but does the trick ... im puting an after market exhaust on it and a few other things this winter

From what i have heard the Sneeky Pete "N2o" adds about 5th and for a few seconds. I thought you said your quad has 67hp? Stock is 35? And you have a stock exhaust?

it has the stock pipes and muffler with the baffles cut out ... it has some porting in the heads and stage 2 hot cams with 785 big bore ... i had a muzzys on it but trashed it when i had a wheelie go bad ...lol...the nos bottle will last about 2 to 3 min then its empty

Edited by CK1999_400ex

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Brian Simmons
      The battery was gone when I bought the 90 .There are 7 wires 3 red 1 white ,1 black , 1 green and 1blue  . 1 red and 1 white are connected with connector like it`s suppose to go to the battery . I think it`s called an eye connector it`s round and has a hole in the center . So it can be bolted to the battery  and the same with the black wire  the one  black 1 has a connector on it that looks like it goes to the battery . that leaves me with 2 red wires , 1 green wire and 1 blue wire !!! Can anyone help me with a diagram of how the wiring goes to the battery on my 2002 Polaris Scrambler 90 ??? Please help me with this my e-mail address is [email protected] Pl
      Please help me with this . Thank you , Brian
    • By Kevin Vlogs
      Does anybody know how to determine which of the 2 key blanks fits my ATV. I have called several dealers, and Polaris and nobody seems to know which key fits which ATV. I thought with the ViN number they could look it up, but apparently not. I hate to spend the money at Polaris for a key blank and then pay a locksmith to cut it, but the locksmiths around me don't have the Polaris keys in stock. I find them on Amazon and places, but I can't tell which key blank is right for my ATV. Any help would be appreciated.
    • By Brittany Jones
      Yes I just got a 1998 polaris xplorer 400 4x4. Ran fine after hauling then died. Cleaned carb and put new fuel filter, hose, and new battery in. Starts 3 out of 10 times but will only run for a short time. Any suggestions?
    • By Jacob Dellinger
      Pressure testing a Polaris 250 trailblazer with motion pro tester. Atv leaks down from 6 psi to  3 and hold there and I can’t kind a leak with water and dawn soap. . New to pressure testing a atv but have done 100s of saws etc. was going to order clutch puller and flywheel puller andCheck seals. Also notice that there is a clutch alignment tool, do I need this if i pull clutch? 
    • By Sturgeon
      Hello everyone, did a search and not successful. Purchased new 2017 Sportsman 570 sp and my power steering is not working. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Works then it doesn't. Dealer says there's not a fix. Thought it was just me and it being a brand new machine with 4 hours on it. Dealership said it's this model only ? Not sure what a person in this spot is suppose to do and wondering are your thoughts mite be. Thanks 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By LTZ-Zach
      So i was riding the other day and my quad randomly shut off. It started back up and ran completely fine for a little while and then it started idling terribly.
      I cleaned the carb and changed all the jets and everything except the float due to the rebuild kit not coming with one and it actually runs worse then it did before.
      It will run and idle decent now but when I give it gas it dies.
      Does anybody know what could be wrong?
      I also changed the spark plug and air filter along with the oil and oil filter.

• By johnwayne
      i have a 2000 suzuki king quad lt-f300f that i picked up as a project bike. it didnt run well when it was parked outside 5 years ago. it cranked after putting fresh gas - but would not run below half throttle, i took apart the carb, cleaned debris, and re-assembled. i suspect that the pilot needle is sheared off - it never protrudes into the throttle body through the pinhole. now to get the bike to ALMOST idle, the throttle idle adjustment knob is all the way up/in. the pilot needle is turned almost all the way in/up (if i understand correct, it should nominally be out 2 1/4 turns or so). and like i said, it will ALMOST idle. floods easily, rides rough.
      wanted to hear from those more experienced than me with suzukis - and im self-taught atv repair, so dont laugh too hard if my verbiage/part names is way off. 
      facing the driver's side of the bike [US] there are three hoses on this side of the carb. without a service manual or way of knowing what was messed up before i got it, i think i have them right: front hose as a vacuum to the petcock, middle hose as vacuum to the fuel pump, rear hose as fuel line from the fuel pump. running the bike in prime position results in flooding even while riding. with all hoses disconnected from the carb, fuel slowly drips from the vacuum line connected to the petcock.
      so just my speculation is that the diaphragm in the petcock is split, and the pilot needle is broke off - causing my inability to not quite idle and the rough ride. this suzuki is hoses and cables everywhere compared to the honda ranchers and yamaha warriors i am used to. I would like to have a plan rather than: replace everything at once.
      is my speculation on the right track, or could something else be at play? say, if the compression was non-existent, would that cause non-idling? i am all ears, look forward to the input.