Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

KnightHawk

How fast have you had your ATV?

Calling you out on this... What tires, gearing, and RPM were you pulling to make this happen?

20inch box tires, geared down on the rear sprocket and up on the front sprocket. a good friend of mine is a sheriff and clocked me on several runs, 119 was as fast as i could get it.

Going down or up 1 tooth on the front sprocket would be equivalent to going up or down 3 teeth on the rear.

I do hope you understand your motor would have to rev up to 13,100rpm to reach that high of speeds with that gearing ratio.................

I do hope you understand your motor would have to rev up to 13,100rpm to reach that high of speeds with that gearing ratio.................

yes IF i ran those ratios of course, i went down like 8 teeth on the rear and up 2 on the front. It's not like 2 strokes are hard to get more revs out of anyway...

yes IF i ran those ratios of course, i went down like 8 teeth on the rear and up 2 on the front. It's not like 2 strokes are hard to get more revs out of anyway...

the max rpm's for a bone stock banshee is 9000. But it all depends on your modofcations. Banshee's with the power valves like the 421 cheetah's will rev up to 18000 RPM"s

No. A 421 with Cheetah cylinders wont touch 14k let alone 18k... Either way, it's not possible.

No. A 421 with Cheetah cylinders wont touch 14k let alone 18k... Either way, it's not possible.

i know i ran 119 mph on my old banshee, I SAW THE RADAR GUN WITH MY OWN EYES... rather or not your agree i can care less. I KNOW WHAT I SAW...

as far as the 421 Cheetah cylinders, i have only been told this and have not looked it up for my self.

i know i ran 119 mph on my old banshee, I SAW THE RADAR GUN WITH MY OWN EYES... rather or not your agree i can care less. I KNOW WHAT I SAW...

as far as the 421 Cheetah cylinders, i have only been told this and have not looked it up for my self.

my bad on the 1800 i meant 10,000 rpms. yea 1800 is NOT gonna happen on a banshee LOL

since you do not seem to understand, iLL TAKE YOU TO SCHOOL...

i ran a 16 tooth front sprocket

i ran a 30 tooth rear sprocket

this gives you a 1.875 ratio with 20'' rear tires

the banshee's Primary Gear is 2.869 this is at 10,000 r.p.m's for a built banshee.

Yamaha banshee Gear ratios are as follows

1.st gear ratio is 2.461

2ed.gear ratio is 1.812

3erd. gear ratios is 1.500

4th. gear ratios is 1.250

5th. gear ratio is 1.045

6th. gear ratio is 0.875

so technically speaking it would run 126 mph, this minus the tire friction and wind speeds produced there for i ran 119 mph and not the full 126.

This thread made me push my quad a little faster today 62 mph. Then my wife came out the front door & I'll leave it that. No I want I had rather seen blue lights flashing behind me now you know it wasn't good. I hope she don't take my key away.lol

Just tell her you were being chased by a swarm of bees and it was the only way to not get stung.

Anytime I come back from a ride with no broken bones and/or blood loss my wife is usually happy with me.

119mph is COOKIN !!!:yes: Mine get alittle squirelly over 70 !!

lol yea i was more scared of my front tires blowing off the rims they got TALL and skinny!:shock2:

Talking about speed my daughter was riding my prairie 650 and her sometimes friend wanted to race with her Honda 250 rincon. My daughter was smart enough not to race. I think God she listen when I said be careful and don't do anything stupid. If the friend wants to know how bad an old 650 is me and her dad can drag'em and she can watch from the sidelines.

Talking about speed my daughter was riding my prairie 650 and her sometimes friend wanted to race with her Honda 250 rincon. My daughter was smart enough not to race. I think God she listen when I said be careful and don't do anything stupid. If the friend wants to know how bad an old 650 is me and her dad can drag'em and she can watch from the sidelines.

yes i agree hi speeds, heavy quads and younger kids do NOT mix!

On 12/9/2016 at 8:34 AM, quadmaniac said:

That's pretty fast. I have had quads up to about 70 before in the snow.

So have I, I think the fastest for me was like 74 mph on my 2005 suzuki king quad when I had it.

On 3/23/2017 at 10:33 PM, drag_on said:

ran it on a dyno , hit 100+ ltz484

Now that's fast!!!

My old 500 predator ,94 cell GPS 

My 500 Sportsman, 60,until I threw on a 2 inch lift ,clutched it and 27s...now 45 lol. Speedo 

My 850xpeps, almost 80 stock ,72 after 2 inch lift and 28s. Speedo .

My pro r 800... 111.. and it's there. .now. like a light switch 

• Like 1

I've had a yamaha grizzly 660 up to about 60 and had a friend king quad 700 up to about 70.  For sport utility quads, that's pretty fast I think and not really going to do that in the woods or on trails. It's pretty impressive some of the speeds these sports quads are getting up to . Here's a fast as hell banshee..

• Like 1