Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

marioweldinginc

Tires and backpack

OK so im looking to get 22" GBC gator tires for the rear of my quad. What would be a complimentary front tire? I have a 400EX so big front tires are a nono.

Also Ive see alot of sport atv riders wearing backpacks of some sort in the trails? are the comfortable? I will forgo the aluminum rack if the backpack is comfy.

Tires will be fine. I would consider swamplites, they are a great all around tire. Cant help you with the backpack.

They dont make swamplites in 22x7x10. I might just go with a knobby type like from the factory.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

they sell a 22 x 8 x 10, that should prob still fit your rim????

I wear a backpack... I love it, way better than trying to fit tools, camera, wallet, cell, water, condo... Nevermind, or whatever you bring, in other places. I just make sure it is tight, so it doesn't flop around in the whoops.

they sell a 22 x 8 x 10, that should prob still fit your rim????

Didnt see that size TY.

You guys think that tire profile is too aggressive for the front wheels on a 2wd sport quad?

They dont make swamplites in 22x7x10. I might just go with a knobby type like from the factory.

I was talking about for the rear of your quad. Every body runs them here. Not real impressed with the Gators, except in pure mud. Swamplites dig like there is no tomorrow. ITP also makes a Mud Lite for all four corners of your quad.

mudlite_sp.jpg

Here is a complete list of SwamLite sizes

SIZE INTERCO NUMBER WEIGHT TREAD PLY SKID DEPTH MAX PSI MAX LOAD

22X8.00-10 SWL-52 14 6 21/32 7 275

22X11.00-10 SWL-56 23 6 32/32 7 375

23X8.00-10 SWL-57 14 6 21/32 7 300

25X11.00-10 SWL-58 28 6 32/32 7 455

22X7.00-11 SWL-59 12 6 21/32 7 245

25X10.00-11 SWL-62 22 6 24/32 7 420

25X8.00-11 SWL-60 19 6 24/32 7 340

24X8.00-12 SWL-61 16 6 24/32 7 310

25X8.00-12 SWL-64 19 6 24/32 7 340

25X10.00-12 SWL-66 23 6 24/32 7 420

26X12.00-12 SWL-70 31 6 36/32 7 520

26X10.00-12 SWL-68 27 6 36/32 7 440

26X9.00-12 SWL-67 26 6 36/32 7 410

27X9.00-12 SWL-71 27 6 40/32 7 440

27X10.00-12 SWL-72 29 6 40/32 7 465

27X12.00-12 SWL-74 30 6 40/32 7 550

28X10.00-12 SWL-76 38 6 50/32 7 495

29.5X10.00-12 SWL-78 38 6 50/32 7 535

27X11.00-14 SWL-80 31 6 40/32 7 480

27X9.00-14 SWL-79 27 6 40/32 7 410

28X9.00-14 SWL-81 29 6 50/32 7 450

28X11.00-14 SWL-82 35 6 50/32 7 520

22X11.00-9 SWL-54 23 6 32/32 7 395

25X12.00-9 SWL-55 23 6 24/32 7 495

Mud lite SP size is Front: 22x7-10 (6 ply); Rear: 20x11-9 (6 ply).

Would I want to wear mudlites on all four corners? I ride mostly on the coal hills in NE PA. Coal dust mixed with water gets real slippery, like grease almost. On the other hand alot of the trails are rocks and hard packed dirt.

I didnt want to run soft tires on all four corners. or do I? I really have no idea what to run on the fronts. I currently have stockers in front which suck big time and maxxis razrs on the rear. Aside from the coal mud they are a pretty good tire as I keep up with the 4x4s. I do like to ride fast and want handling too.

So I will not look at gators anymore. Definetly mudlites in the rear. as for the front? mudlites too?

Thanks Buck Billy for the enlightenment!

I ride on my gsxr and it hold close to me but I ride with full leathers to.

Oh I meant with trails and jumping and what not. I would assume as long as its tight against you like you said and not too heavy it should be fine....right?

Would I want to wear mudlites on all four corners? I ride mostly on the coal hills in NE PA. Coal dust mixed with water gets real slippery, like grease almost. On the other hand alot of the trails are rocks and hard packed dirt.

I didnt want to run soft tires on all four corners. or do I? I really have no idea what to run on the fronts. I currently have stockers in front which suck big time and maxxis razrs on the rear. Aside from the coal mud they are a pretty good tire as I keep up with the 4x4s. I do like to ride fast and want handling too.

So I will not look at gators anymore. Definetly mudlites in the rear. as for the front? mudlites too?

Thanks Buck Billy for the enlightenment!

Mud Lite SPs not just plain MudLites. The SP version are intended for a sport quad.

mudliteSP.jpg

Edited by BuckBilly

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.