Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1994 Polaris 300 2 stroke chain issues

Ghost420guy

My friend recently rebuilt this 300 2 stroke, .06 over bore, full aftermarket exaust, clutch kit and jetting. He's snappin chains ike its goin outta style, several of us have checked chain tension but they keep snapping. First ever i seen in 2 pieces lol Does anyone have an idea on why this keep happening? Just about every other ride it snaps, and he runs 520 o-ring chain

Check the alignment of the sprockets. Dont eyeball them either use a laser. If they are aligned then adjust to proper slack. Drive easy then get on it a little. Ride this way for 20-30. Check chain slack and adjust. Then eyeball the slack every time you ride til it stops stretching then maybe every 20 hours check it. Or weekly whatever.

Tell your buddy to stop being a primadonna and take care of his machine properly

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Does his model have a non-concentric swingarm? If he has this, the tension constantly changes as the swingarm moves up and down, thus overtightening during riding. It's either too tight, or as Mario said, the sprockets are misaligned. The next chain he snaps may end up in the back of his head or through the engine block, not to mention damaging the tranny. he needs to "cool it" during the break in period too or his new sprockets will be toast in no time. You did'nt specify which model he has, only the year and cc's. Hope this helps!:wink:

if my memory serves me correctly then yes that p0laris 300 should be a swing arm set up. i agree with cheriah back off the throttle and check for proper alignment. also. you should have approx 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch chain slack with a swing arm to allow for the travel.

What am I chop liver?? J/K

Lmfao! I love where this thread went lol I'm goin out to his place this weekend and I'll check the alignment of the sprockets, it is a swing arm set up and hes put alot of money into this machine. Just about everything on it is new, we jus ride really hard. I'll pass the info on about breakin in the chain n if he doesn't listen well pi@s on him, I tried to help lol He's upgrading in a year anyways, tired of bein the slowest n weakest machine hehe U guys crack me up lol

Lmfao! I love where this thread went lol I'm goin out to his place this weekend and I'll check the alignment of the sprockets, it is a swing arm set up and hes put alot of money into this machine. Just about everything on it is new, we jus ride really hard. I'll pass the info on about breakin in the chain n if he doesn't listen well pi@s on him, I tried to help lol He's upgrading in a year anyways, tired of bein the slowest n weakest machine hehe U guys crack me up lol

Sorry i cant find the hijack smiley on my phone.. Its there somewhere o_O