Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1998 Polaris Xplorer 400 Secondary Driven Clutch Installation

dawgkllr

I replaced the starter on my ATV and had to remove the secondary driven clutch assembly to remove a couple of the bolts. The unit came off easily but now I cant get it to slide all the way down the shaft to engage the spines on the shaft so that I can bolt it back up. What am I doing wrong? Is there a "trick" to it or a tool that is needed?

I replaced the starter on my ATV and had to remove the secondary driven clutch assembly to remove a couple of the bolts. The unit came off easily but now I cant get it to slide all the way down the shaft to engage the spines on the shaft so that I can bolt it back up. What am I doing wrong? Is there a "trick" to it or a tool that is needed?

Don't be shy when putting it back on keep rotating the clutch and pushing it on. When the splines line up it should go about 3/4 of the way on then just make sure you use an impact and the proper torque to make sure you have it on all the way. Also use red loctite on the nut, I have seen some of the clutch nuts work their way free on other bikes. I am working on my clutch today changing over to a winter belt for plowing, I'll take some pics.

Thanx for the info swampcat07. Headed to the hardware store now to get a longer bolt.

marioweldinginc please get off of your mommy and daddys computer and go back to playing with your hot wheels and power rangers. When your parents find out youve been playing on grown up sites again they're gonna block your online fan membership to Hanna Montana.

thanx for the info swampcat07. Headed to the hardware store now to get a longer bolt.

Marioweldinginc please get off of your mommy and daddys computer and go back to playing with your hot wheels and power rangers. When your parents find out youve been playing on grown up sites again they're gonna block your online fan membership to hanna montana.

:laugh:

Don't be shy when putting it back on keep rotating the clutch and pushing it on. When the splines line up it should go about 3/4 of the way on then just make sure you use an impact and the proper torque to make sure you have it on all the way. Also use red loctite on the nut, I have seen some of the clutch nuts work their way free on other bikes. I am working on my clutch today changing over to a winter belt for plowing, I'll take some pics.

Swampcat07 using the longer bolt worked like a charm! Now that its all back together it runs like a scalded ape forward but bogs down in reverse. Any suggestions!

Thanx for the info swampcat07. Headed to the hardware store now to get a longer bolt.

marioweldinginc please get off of your mommy and daddys computer and go back to playing with your hot wheels and power rangers. When your parents find out youve been playing on grown up sites again they're gonna block your online fan membership to Hanna Montana.

My hot wheels will still have to winch out your polaris sir

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Swampcat07 using the longer bolt worked like a charm! Now that its all back together it runs like a scalded ape forward but bogs down in reverse. Any suggestions!

No problem I know the AC clutches are not exactly the same so it sounds like the longer bolt is the fix. My quad has a reverse rev limiter, maybe its that. I can overide it by having it in 4WD and pushing an overide button. I almost flipped it when I did that though. Does it sound detuned/missing when WOT in reverse?

Oxidized black. It's ok my ride is fixed and my frustration level is now lower so pokin back at mario is kinda humorous. (I guess I should tell him about having to pull a buddy's Honda Rancher across a mud hole because the weight of my buddy and a 225 pound hog on the Rancher was just to much for the Honda ). I appreciate the backup!!! Y'all all have a good evening!

Oxidized black. It's ok my ride is fixed and my frustration level is now lower so pokin back at mario is kinda humorous. (I guess I should tell him about having to pull a buddy's Honda Rancher across a mud hole because the weight of my buddy and a 225 pound hog on the Rancher was just to much for the Honda ). I appreciate the backup!!! Y'all all have a good evening!

So was there a Honda pulling the Polaris pulling Honda giggity

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk