Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ozturtle

73 ATC70 shift shaft

Hi, Im new here and i have a 73 ATC70 that i'm doing a little freshen up on. Any how the spline on the shift shaft is rounded off and i can get one for an 81 year model cheap.

Can any one tell me if this will fit i dont think honda ever changed much also in the hunt for a gear lever too?

thanks heaps

i think they are the same ... not shure if they ever changed them ... i looked in some parts manuals i have and they are the same from 76 up to 83 .. but cant find any info b4 76 .. not shure on the lever ... but if ya look on ebay im shure you can find 1 there ...

Hi, Im new here and i have a 73 ATC70 that i'm doing a little freshen up on. Any how the spline on the shift shaft is rounded off and i can get one for an 81 year model cheap.

Can any one tell me if this will fit i dont think honda ever changed much also in the hunt for a gear lever too?

thanks heaps

love old school !! heres a link that a couple of my buddies use when they rebuilt their 3 Wheelers

http://www.atcheaven.com/index.htm

Edited by quadnut20

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By John Ford
      i ordered a keihin carb for my 07 trx 90 and it fits nicely but the new cable they sent is way too long and i can't make it work.  the old honda cable cap [that fits on top of the carb] is too small to fit.  the keihin cap is approx 3/4 or 19mm.  honda cap is more like 1/2 in.  the keihin has a rubber boot on the cap where the throttle cable goes through . i don't know how to find the right length [most cites don't give the length].  i'm not sure how cables fit into that boot  and do i need to add the length of the boot to the cable?  the old honda cable is 28 inches total, but the cable movement is only approx 2'' which would not be enough to reach the actuator block on the keihin.  looking to find a throttle cable compatible with the keihin.  any help, please.

• By JacobSlabach
      recently picked up some project bikes off CL for cheap.  got a honda fourtrax (the ancient 4x4 kind with the straight axle in the front as well as the rear and a back-up kick-start)  plastics are crap, but my goal is to get running like a champ and patch the plastics up and sell to one of my many friends that want a reliable 4x4 for dirt cheap and doesnt care what it looks like.
      so the former owner says it needs carb rebuilt, but its sat for 3+ years since so who knows.  things I see:  carb is missing (he gave me a box of parts along with the bike), engine turns over and feels good with kick-start, brakes need work, battery missing (That always puts me off, cause then I know most likely someone's been tampering with the electrical.
    • By Coral Breding
      I loosened the allen bolts on the carrier and when I went to put my driver in the alot to pull back and tighten the chain, I noticed the holes were facing the front of the bike. I tried to slide a driver in and tighten the chain but the thing would not budge. I nearly ripped the tip off the driver in the slot. Any suggestions? 

• By Daveferrier
      I've got a beater 84 honda trx that instantly starts smoking and gets really hot  from it looks like the exhaust pipe coming out of the motor on the right side of the machine. When I fire it up it starts getting hot. Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks so much
    • By Mark Walters
      Hi guys.  First post, hope you can help.  As above 1991 Honda fourtrax.  Starting, running fine until a few weeks ago. Used primarily to put my ski boat in the garage (put 2" ball on front).  Any way, had just backed boat into garage, turned off to crank trailer wheel down, when I went to restart got nothing.  
      No neutral light, no headlights, no reverse light, would not turn over when start button pushed.  It would crank and run when I jumped the contacts on the start relay.  While running the neutral light will come on, although it is dim and flickers.  Reverse light on when running and in reverse.
      What I have done to this point:
      1.  Used jumper cable to ground battery (-) terminal to engine block thinking ground wire from battery to engine may be bad.  No neutral light, no start.
      2. Applied 12 volts to start relay.  Got a loud click like it was making contact.  I didn't have the battery/starter cables connected to the relay, but I am assuming it would have cranked at that time.  
      3. Disconnected neutral switch wire.  Grounded neutral switch wire with jumper wire. No neutral light, no electric start. 
      At this point I am thinking ignition switch vs broken wire in the harness going to the neutral switch (due to dimness and flickering when running).
      Any and all suggestions to help track down this issue are appreciated.
      Thanks

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Tyler Autry
      Recently started shifting hard from neutral to first causing it to stall. I'm able to lift up on the shifter and throttle up and slowly let off the shifter, like driving a standard. That is the only way to get it In gear and stay running. Also if I come to a stop and keep it in gear it wants to continue moving, eventually stalling out. I don't have much experience with the bottom end or clutches. I just now replaced friction and steel plates and that made no difference. Don't know what to do now.
    • By Jeni Lynn
      2012 Rancher ES-- only when driving in 4x4 when I get to about 15-18mph there is a loud clunk in the front end and a hard downward jerk. Its almost as if its trying to downshift itself. It doesn't do it in 2 wheel drive.  I have checked the angle shift sensor and applied dielectric grease to it, changed the front end differential fluid (the old still looked good and clean) checked and adjusted the clutch. Hopefully someone can give me some more ideas. 
    • By Summer Warren
      Hey I just recently bought a 2002 Kawasaki Bayou 220 when you shift it jumps a lot and while it’s riding it it’s jumping as well but won’t stay started when you let off the gas Could somebody tell me what could possibly be the problem? Thank you
    • By Wesley Floyd
      Hey guys, Thanks for looking at my post. I haven't had a lot of experience with problems like this before, so I'm a little bit at a loss. The Quad was really hard to shift, (the dirty carb leaking gas making it idle high didn't help either). The only Idea I have would be is that the torsion spring is worn out, and that there is a normal parameter for how much it should move when those two arms of the shift shaft assembly spread apart.  That's my thought. Maybe someone who has more knowledge then me can let me know if i'm on the right track 😀

• By pokerl0w
      this bike! did this guy sucker me or what.. ok, looks like this means something is bent that I do not see or one rod is longer vs the other?
      how long do you think this would last before it ripped into the tire? this is the right side, left side tire clears no problem

I can not find them on www.kawasakipartshouse.com