Quantcast

2007 Polaris Phoniex 200

paintapig

• 1 month later...

A ring set from polarispartshouse.com is about $30.

I'd say at least a few hundred, to make it cheaper you could remove the engine from the frame and take that in which would lower their labor charges. I did it on a 110cc Chinese atv and it took me about 2 hours including taking the engine off the atv, but actually replacing the rings only took about 30-45 minutes. Good luck man

• 5 weeks later...

is it like a heavy knock like a crank bearing or sorta a ping like a valve? can you feel the engine and kind of tell if it's top or bottom end?

the jumping forward and backwards might be a belt ...

there are a few polaris guys on here that might have a better idea, wylde1 and polarisrich i know off hand have them and do lots of work on their own ... maybe send them a message to look at the thread you posted ...

as dumb as this sounds,,,it was something I overlooked when I did my first piston job......make sure you replaced the gaskets with new ones, tighten the bolts down to spec (I had an air leak from not doing this correctly and my bike was over-revving and lunging forward) and check the intake for leaks......also, check your engine mounting bolts...Good luck!:wink:

hopefully you have a manual to go by for the tightening sequence and torque specs:yes: On mine, it was a pia to get to the left side head bolts cuz of the frame tube being in the way..had to use an open end wrench and turn it tiny bits at a time...it was a real learning experience, but now I know:wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By p5200
      Hello folks, my machine wound up with I think water in the tank etc. It runs but speeds up and slows back down randomly. When not running I don't see gas dripping  from the drain nipple on bottom of float bowl and drain screw is closed tight. With normal idle speed I see no leaking. When the idle speed increases quite a bit on it's own, gas appears to start slowly dripping from float bowl drain nipple? I'm wondering if the carb is flooding and the gas is actually coming from higher up and just appears, to be coming out of nipple but, is actually running down the sides of the nipple? I put a kit in the factory Mikuni carb last year after sitting for a while and I think the gas in the jug I used had drawn moisture. I plan to pull the carb tomorrow and clean everything out. I was just curious if anyone else thinks it's probably something in the carb and is, acutally a flooding problem? Thanks Folks! 🙂
    • By STLJ
      Hope everyone is having a great weekend,
      While riding my quad just quit, I mean dead. No life on the dash, no crank and obesity no start. 
      Had a quick look under the plastic, batt reading 12.7v power at the key switch.
      Changed the power pack, still no luck.
      Anyone else have similar problems?
      I don't see a fuse box/panel, is there fusible links in the system? If so where di I start looking?

SK
    • By kawasig
      Hello All
      I have a 1987 Suzuki dual range 230 and a 96 bayou 220. I'm trying to figure what oil to use. I normally put Amzoil synthetic in most everything. But I understand there are concerns over the wet clutch. I've heard rotella 10w40 full synthetic,5w40 synthetic,10w30&40 non synthetic. I do live in Michigan, so temps cold and hot are encountered. It could be below zero or 90 degrees farenhight. I don't have manuals for them. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    • By kawasig
      Hello All
      I'm kinda new to ATVs. I just bought a 1987 Suzuki quad runner 230 Dual Range. I'm having a problem finding info on it. It's very clean, only 2.800 miles. The front wheels are only 30 in.center to center. I was thinking about adding wheel spacers to give it more stability. I realize the added stress on ball joints and bearings. I'm wondering if there are any other concerns? Any input is greatly appreciated!
    • By prdicon
      South Florida.

How much it worth?

Pros: looking decent.

Cons
      No brakes.
      Front wheel bearings are shot.
      Idles, but sometimes will shot off. Most likely when cold.
      Gas smell and little bit steam in the air filter box when I started it.
      Display screen won't work.
      Tires are dry with cracks.

Not sure if has title, I will check and update.

How much do you think it worth?