Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

paintapig

2007 Polaris Phoniex 200

A ring set from polarispartshouse.com is about $30.

I'd say at least a few hundred, to make it cheaper you could remove the engine from the frame and take that in which would lower their labor charges. I did it on a 110cc Chinese atv and it took me about 2 hours including taking the engine off the atv, but actually replacing the rings only took about 30-45 minutes. Good luck man

ok i got the rings replaced. but now i put it all back together and theys a loud knock in the motor and it bucks in drive and when going backwards. any ideas on that??

no.... all i did was remove the top end. cylinder head and the middle part. chain guides and put back from a polaris page. i mean it starts and drives just a really bad knocking nose. i even did an oul change and put 41 oz like polaris say

is it like a heavy knock like a crank bearing or sorta a ping like a valve? can you feel the engine and kind of tell if it's top or bottom end?

the jumping forward and backwards might be a belt ...

there are a few polaris guys on here that might have a better idea, wylde1 and polarisrich i know off hand have them and do lots of work on their own ... maybe send them a message to look at the thread you posted ...

as dumb as this sounds,,,it was something I overlooked when I did my first piston job......make sure you replaced the gaskets with new ones, tighten the bolts down to spec (I had an air leak from not doing this correctly and my bike was over-revving and lunging forward) and check the intake for leaks......also, check your engine mounting bolts...Good luck!:wink:

hopefully you have a manual to go by for the tightening sequence and torque specs:yes: On mine, it was a pia to get to the left side head bolts cuz of the frame tube being in the way..had to use an open end wrench and turn it tiny bits at a time...it was a real learning experience, but now I know:wink:

I trick I use for finding air leaks is to spray a little carb cleaner around anywhere the air could be leaking. It will get sucked into the leak and you will know right away.

wow that suxs? ha u make it seem hard. lol. i called the 2 dealers to see what the said and they both said the same thing. thats what it sounds like

If two dealers are saying the same thing that would be a good starting place. Are you gonna take it apart or have one of them do it?

good luck and be sure to let us know how it goes. We all learn from each other that is one of the best things about this forum.

i know its a low class quad but y i got my quads motor all tore apart. how do i know what size piston to get? i thought it might be a better idea for my wife to just have alittle more power and thought it would be easier now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.