Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

gfinch

2003 Arctic Cat 400 high ignition voltage

2003 Arctic cat 400 2x4 FIS

I have a no spark issue. I was riding daring deer season, stopped and looked around got back on and it would not start. Waited about 15 mins and it fired up made it back to the trailer, next morning tried to unload and it hit one time ,then nothing, no fire. The ohms coming out of the magneto ,green blue and yellow white wires are within spec. The charging side black black wire was a little high. About .6 ohm’s spec is .32 to .48 ohm’s

Checked the ignition coil voltage white/blue wire. I got 190v, spec is 31v and with the starter depressed I got about 188v spec is 130v. I got the same reading with the trigger discounted.

? Would the regulator/rectifier cause this problem or is it the CDI fried ?????

Thanks for any help!!!!!

2003 Arctic cat 400 2x4 FIS

I have a no spark issue. I was riding daring deer season, stopped and looked around got back on and it would not start. Waited about 15 mins and it fired up made it back to the trailer, next morning tried to unload and it hit one time ,then nothing, no fire. The ohms coming out of the magneto ,green blue and yellow white wires are within spec. The charging side black black wire was a little high. About .6 ohm’s spec is .32 to .48 ohm’s

Checked the ignition coil voltage white/blue wire. I got 190v, spec is 31v and with the starter depressed I got about 188v spec is 130v. I got the same reading with the trigger discounted.

? Would the regulator/rectifier cause this problem or is it the CDI fried ?????

Thanks for any help!!!!!

Was looking on line and came accross your post. I'm having the same problem with a 06 400. Wondering what you came up with to fix it?

thanks, Keith

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mothrottle
      Does a US made grease gun fit Metric zerk fittings, or do I need a conversion to fit them?  Thanks in advance.
    • By Kayla Frieswick
      2001 Yamaha Wolverine new coil new solenoid switch new battery no spark
    • By Steven Urban
      First time using this forum.  Owned a Kawasaki dirt bike once, had no issues.  But I picked up this 4 wheeler at an auction.  They stated it ran, but only needed a battery.  Well I do not believe that was all true.

Some pictures are attached.  Not sure why, but the whole air filter stuff was removed.  They had some small thing inserted as a make shift air filter.

I purchased a battery to try this all out.  Waiting to return it and get the proper size, as it was too big for the battery box.  But here is my issue I had while the battery was connected.

1 - The lights on the steering column did not come on.  Not sure if they work or not.

2 - The starter solenoid seems to be bad.  I have a new one on order. 

3 - In the pick, there is another rusted part.  Not sure what that part is or what it is used for.

4 - What is the 12v rectifier?  square bodied part.

So when I hooked the battery up.  Pushing the start button did nothing.  Pulling the cord to try and pull start, it turned, but would never fire.  I have put in a new spark plug as well, it looked worn out.  With electric start, I crossed over the posts on the start solenoid, it turned over, but would never fire and start.

I have read a few other threads and it stated something about needed the neutral light on.  SOmething about a kill switch.

Any help would be appreciated.

• By Matt John
      Charging issue?
      I have a 2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 EFI. Yesterday, I start the machine and it says low power (10.6-10.8). This machine is on its second battery. This is a new AGM battery with 50cca more than stock.
      Should I look at the regulator or stator?
      Thanks!!!
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Chayse Hill
      I have a 2003 LTZ 400 that i bought a few days ago. The quad was running fine until last night. I let my brother ride it down the street and back and i didnt notice anything etong with bike. Then my neighbors friend came over and said "can i ride it?" I said "sure" so he ripped it down the road all fine and when he got back it died right in front of us. My brother said it was dieing on him also. He also said that he wasnt using the clutch to shift. I told him he was an idiot. Im throwing that in there incase that caused a problem as well. But today i go to check it to make sure its getting fuel which it is and replaced the spark plug incase it wasnt getting spark but it is. So i started it and it was having a problem starting then i got started and was reving at idle high. So i took it around the block and it died on me a little bit down, so i try to restart it and it started so i kicked it into 1st and it kinda launched on me and started going with the clutch all the way in. Then it died right after and wasnt running right during that process and was idleing all over the place and just died and now i cant get it started it again. Before it would start without the choke or priming it. It would start real quick now i cant figure if it needs to be rejetted or something else. Air filter looks clean also. But any help would be gratelly appreciated!
    • By gregj49
      Blows out black smoke when you rev it up how do you adjust the carb?
    • By chevyboy
      AL righty I did some trading around this weekend and ended up picking up a few 4 wheelers for cheap. I ended up with this one for $500 in it total and well the guy told me it dropped a valve. I haven't really messed with it at all. But this weekend I am going to try and start working on it some to get it running before winter time frame. So what I am asking is a couple of questions.
      1. First off where do I start I tried pulling the pull cord and could not get it to move at all.
      2. I need to get a service manual for this 4 wheeler where can I get it downloaded for free?
      3. what do I need to look for and how do I go about this really. I do have experience with 4 wheelers but this one is a little different to me than others because its a V2 and I have no clue where to start internal on the engines. Most of my experience is on the outside portion of troubleshooting on theses wheelers.
      Please no smart butt answers as i am new to here but just wanted opinions on where to start. Please and thanks wink:
    • By davidwestfall
      looking for direct shift shifting lever that properly fits my 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 and fits my foot the same as a stock 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 shifting lever fits my foot