Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

frankindale

2004 suziki LT160E battery

from what i have read on diff forums, you may have been lucky enough to just blow a fuse at the battery, it is held in place by 2 screws, so don't try yanking it out with pliers before the screws are removed. if not so lucky, ck1999_400ex says it might have killed your cdi box and stopped there. hope this helps and hope it's just an inexpensive fuse ...

what happened when you connected it backwards? from what i read, there is a gray box around the battery case with the fuse inside ... i would try first checking all fuses that you can locate

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mike Johnson
      Does anyone know what the 3rd item is behind the battery on this ATV ? I know 1 is the,  solenoid1 is the CDI box, what is the 3rd.
    • By Tim Orr
      Installed new battery was told that’s what was wrong when hit start button I hear 1 click then nothing?  Can the battery just not have enough amps to crank the starter the first time ? I trickle charged it overnight thought it was enough!
    • By Dimelol
      I have been working on my quad for a while trying to get it running right. It seems as if I run into a new issue as soon as I resolve the old one. Anyway, the other day I went to fire up my quad and the battery was completely dead. I knew it was on it's last leg, so I went ahead and swapped it out think it was the issue. After sitting for a couple of days without running the machine at all, the new battery was drained as well, not completely dead like the old one but weak enough not to turn the engine over. When I removed the new battery to put it on the charger I noticed a clicking sound when I was removing the negative connection. After fooling around with it for a bit I tracked down where the sound is coming from (see pic) it was also warm to the touch. I have no idea what this thing or or what purpose it serves but should it be clicking as soon as I connect the battery? Could this be the cause of my battery being drained? Thanks for the help, I'm not the most experienced when it comes to tracking down electrical issues.

• By Kevin Vlogs
      Hey Guys,
      I just bought my first Quad, a 2014 Sportsman 400 HO and want to replace the battery. It's not dead, but the voltage seems low and I'm not sure how old the battery is. What does everybody recommend for a replacement battery? Is there a difference that I should know about? I see Gel batteries, Regular Acid sealed batteries and a lot of different prices. Any help would be appreciated.
    • By Ajmboy
      With this cold snap, I noticed yesterday that the battery on my grizzly was a little weak. even clicked a few times before I got it to start. I'm thinking of picking up a batter tender/ trickle charger so was wondering what people use to keep their ATV battery charged up. I was looking at these on amazon. They both have good reviews.

or this one

Kind of like this one because if the accessory plug

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Trenton
      Hello. I am a new member as of today. I had a quick question to ask. I recently was driving mt HONDA RANCHER 2004 GPSscape 400 and my display stopped working. I was driving the atv and all of a sudden the speedometer and the service lights went out. Also the lights stopped working. I am still able to shift gears, change from 2wd to 4wd, and can still select if I want EPS or Auto. I have checked my fuse box and have changed a few of them around. It did not change anything. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what had happend. Thank you for your time- Trenton 
    • By LTZ-Zach
      So i was riding the other day and my quad randomly shut off. It started back up and ran completely fine for a little while and then it started idling terribly.
      I cleaned the carb and changed all the jets and everything except the float due to the rebuild kit not coming with one and it actually runs worse then it did before.
      It will run and idle decent now but when I give it gas it dies.
      Does anybody know what could be wrong?
      I also changed the spark plug and air filter along with the oil and oil filter.

• By Steve1266
      I went out to ride my quad today. When I started it up it ran for a minute, then died. Since then it will turn over but won't start. I've check the spark plug and get great fire. I have had this quad for about 6 months, and very new to breaking it down. But need help. Thanks
    • By toonces
      Is there such a thing as a battery blanket made for ATV sized batteries? I've also heard of a battery 'plate' which I assume would be put directly under the battery. If someone could point the way to either of these much obliged.
      Also, maybe any other ideas on how to keep your batt warm that would go directly in the battery compartment? Trying to avoid just throwing a tarp over and putting a space heater under. Need an option with lower wattage consumption.
      thanks