Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

yamamama

2000 Yamaha Warrior - No Spark

Can't wait till tomorrow to see if she will run again!!! Funny thing is ...my son is grounded from it. so I guess ill have to ride all day... haha......I can't thank u enough!!!

The screws that hold the pick up coil in are really tight and I don't want to stripe them. Any advise. Sorry fpr type

o'S I am using phone with gloves on. Didn't want u to think I was completely stupid. Ha

Edited by yamamama

mine were in tight too, sometimes if you give them just a little tightening, just to move it ever so much, it breaks it free. then you can back them out. you can also try keeping the screwdriver in the slot, and tap it with a hammer...

Put a little valve grinding compound in the screw head. U can use alot more force without stripping with the compound in there. Also works great on stripped screws.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Just got everything put back together and she cranked right up. Ox, I feel like I need to send ya a check. You sure do deserve it!!! Thank you so much!

ah right on!! just time and perseverance is the key. i'm, struggling with a carburetor right now and all i want to do is find my sledge and put it out of its misery :laugh: but that's why i just took another break away from it .... good news yamamama !!

Will try just spraying carb cleaner 1 st (. Sorry for bouncing around..easier to post here by phone). Also,I only here the soud when in 4th and 5th gear. Don't know if that helps any

I can't fit a screw driver in there. Far enough to just unscrew bowl. Is it ok to unscrew it from the block.....or is that really even what it is called.

i would remove it from the rubber manifold coming from the block. leave the rubber in place at the block, i think it would be much easier. (well, nothin's easy LOL) and remove the airbox hose where it connects at the carb.

It does back fire. The kid didn't tell me that it was doing that. Is the carb. Still the 1st thing to check. Please pardon the idiotism

it will back fire with too much air and not enough fuel. is it back firing (can you tell), at the carb or at the exhaust pipe? is the engine getting really hot?

if it is running lean (more air than fuel), it will backfire at the carb, if it is running rich (more fuel than air), it will backfire out the exhaust ...

From the exhal. But I really haven't noticed hotness. Speaking of air. Are u suppose to put oil on the air filter? Just was told that and I would just like to confirm

R there any signs to indicate a problem with needle / seat. Is there a really small hole or something that is in this same area that can be soaked in carb cleaner and very gently be blown out. After taking out needle etc.

I remember watching someone do this. Or...heck....I may have dreamed it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ajmboy
      Got my Yamaha Grizzly buttoned up finally and went for a quick 2 hour ride in the power lines with my neighbor, who has a Yamaha Kodiak. We have access from his yard, which is nice. Was a beautiful day today to get out and will try to go more often. Ran into two other quad riders with a sportsman and I think grizzly. Also ran into a dirt bike rider. 😎

• By Asen_77
      Hi All,
      My name is Asen and I am from Eastern Europe, Bulgaria. Riding a Yamaha Raptor 700R and this is my first Quad wanted for a vey long time :)

• By John Victor
      My father-in-law gave my boy a 1999 350 Big Bear. It's been sitting in a barn for a bunch of years. It runs great! My boy has been riding a couple weeks now and it has developed a squeal coming from the front end when you get off the gas at speed. No noise during acceleration. At first I thought brakes. I took it for a ride and I don't think it is the brakes. I feel it is the front prop shaft U-joints, front differential or one/both axles. I pulled the fill plug on the differential and I can't find anywhere how much gear oil should be in there. My gut says up to the fill opening. It doesn't have a manual. It's wet in there, just don't see any gear oil.

#1 Should I fill the differential with gear oil up to the fill opening?

#2 How do I check or know if the u-joints are bad? That looks like a "Big Bear" of a job if they don't need to be replaced.

#3 What else could it be? I don't think it is the front bearings. I jacked the front wheels off ground and no play in the right wheel. Very little play in the left wheel, looks like the lower control bushing is where that play is coming from. The rubber CV boots look original but all still intact. Wheels spin easily without any noise.

Thanks for any help!
    • By amharrison24
      i have a 91 moto 4 100. has electric start only. for as long as i could remember we have always pushed start it. after riding for while you shut it off. you are able to hit the start button and it will start right up. anyone know where i should start with fixing this issue? im fixing it up for my niece. thank you in advance.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Aj Hurtibise
      I have a 2000 Honda trx90 I got from a buddy for free he said it needed a carb so I put his old carb back on it to try to get something out of it and it does not have any Spark. I already replaced the ignition coil I don't know much about four wheelers but I am a technician so I do know my way around a motor any electrical help would be wonderful or specs I don't have the best digital multimeter either.
    • By Timothy Doerr, Jr
      Hey y'all. I have a Yamaha ymf 250 BearTracker. I got this thing for free from people whose son tore it to hell. So it wasn't in great shape to begin with. i.e. no indicator lights (neutral light for instance), no ignition switch or key( wires were twisted together to make it run), get the picture yet? 
      So when it ran it ran rough and I got it running for a year or two, just something fun for the kids to ride on with me on gravels.
      Now just randomly, the start button stopped working so I had to jump the solenoid, then put a temp start switch in. Kill switch would still work. 
      However, the thing has no spark what-so-ever. I've check continuity through the start button and it shows the contact is working, ohmed out the stator, everything is in spec, the reg/rec tested fine as well. I've replaced the solenoid on the off chance it could've been bad and the cdi unit as well, along the the little solenoid relay unit. I'm still getting no spark. The spark plugs is new as well and the coils to the plug have been tested and are good. I've tested and trouble shooted everything I can on this quad and no luck. I watched countless YouTube "no spark" situation videos and it's not helped. Does anyone have any tips or tricks I could try? Would really appreciate some input on this. Thanks!
    • By Dwight Williams
      Hey everyone, I've been scratching my head over this for most of the day.  I bought a couple of Bayou 220's, got them running (they've both been sitting), and started tweaking and fixing small things.  One of them is mostly done, the other had an aftermarket carb on it and I've been trying to sort that out.

Anyway, while adjusting the carb it died a few times, I restarted and moved on until it died and wouldn't restart.  I figured maybe I'd flooded it or something - after further attempts I realized I had no spark.  Since I have two identical machines I have many parts at my disposal.  I've swapped the CDI, spark plug and coil with no luck.  I have good resistance readings from the stator and pick up (135 and 110 respectively),  I don't have a peak voltage meter but I measure around 53VAC on the stator when cranking.  I have a 4 wire stator, not an alternator like the newer ones.  Grounds look good, I've checked the kill switch by verifying that it and the ignition switch grounds the black/yellow wire to the CDI.  I can turn the engine slowly and see the pickup short the meter as well, seems normal right?  So far everything I've checked looks the same on both machines.  I've got the service manual and wiring diagrams.  Do these readings make any sense?  I'm obviously missing something but I'm stumped.  thanks!
    • By james p
      Hey all new member so I'm sorry if this isn't the correct place to post, but I'm having trouble with a 2000 polaris magnum 500 I just acquired. The quad ran when I got it but was having problems that sounded like the camshaft, and sure enough camshaft lobe was pretty much gone, so we replaced the camshaft and exhaust rockers and now the quad doesnt have spark. We had the quad running right before we tore the old camshaft out and now no spark. Anybody else ever have a problem similar? We've been checking for loose wires, checked grounds, and double checked timing but cant get it figured out so any advice would be appreciated! Thanks 
    • By 1991 big bear help
      I have a 91 big bear 350 4x4 with no spark what's making me puzzled is my coil is up to spec with ohms my stator and pick up coil is up to spec brand new and ohms reading checks out I got power from CDI coming out and power going in my coil wire from coil to CDI is getting good ohms reading plug is brand new but still not getting spark any suggestions or help would be appreciated I'm getting confused where do I go next please help me thanks