Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

predrider305

2005 Honda 450r - Jetting Question

I have a 450r and recently bought two hotdogz full exhausts for my 450r even though I have a pro circuit one(its really dirty anyway). I swapped them yesterday and it sounds a little lean (popping while giving steady low throttle) which seems normal because this pipe looks less restrictive. I don't think i'll have time to jet it before this Sunday so MY QUESTION IS: is it okay to run it for a few hours if the jetting isn't perfect? :GEEK:

quadnut20 will be the best guy to talk to predrider305, you can send him an email thru here and he will most definately answer you on this. he has the same bike, and knows these 450r's inside out.

I have a 450r and recently bought two hotdogz full exhausts for my 450r even though I have a pro circuit one(its really dirty anyway). I swapped them yesterday and it sounds a little lean (popping while giving steady low throttle) which seems normal because this pipe looks less restrictive. I don't think i'll have time to jet it before this Sunday so MY QUESTION IS: is it okay to run it for a few hours if the jetting isn't perfect? :GEEK:

I would re-jet anyway ! Is it poppin when you give it gas or when you let off !! Those Hotdogz pipes are priced cheap so i`m not sure on the specs on them ! ! Was your pro circuit full ? Also need to know what YEAR of quad and any mods you have done !! :biggrin:

It has a pro circuit full exhaust, filter, no lid, and sprockets. That's all performance wise! Not sure what jets it has, came with everything when I bought it. I think I'm at sea level (Miami, FL)

It has a pro circuit full exhaust, filter, no lid, and sprockets. That's all performance wise! Not sure what jets it has, came with everything when I bought it. I think I'm at sea level (Miami, FL)

What years is it ??

Honestly i have about the same problem with an 07 honda 450er that pops/crackles from the exhaust but only at steady low throttle i changed my jets around to a 172 main 42 pilot and a 55 leak jet the bike cleared up and now runs alot better but still has the crackle kind of cutting out while at steady low throttle i think my problem is to low of a pilot jet because that controls your throttle response in a way or mabey the throttle positioning sensor on the carb, let me know if your 05 was doing this before or after the exhaust and i will try to help you out also Quad let me know if you may know the problem with mine thank you much.