Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

bstrain

1984 Honda ATC125m 3wheeler

it runs like a champ but last week something screwed up. it clicks like its going in gear but it still acts like its in neutral. wont move at all. any ideas?

The 1984 and 1985 125M transmissions were notorious for broken shifting arms and the tab breaking off the center cases that the arm pivoted from. It's a big problem because there isn't enough there to weld with and new center cases are so expensive.....and almost any engine in the salvage yard is there for the same reason. Might be this ...

i can possibly use that. isnt gonna hurt for sure. im gonna look into it deeper tomorrow. thanks for the help

rock on man. im gonna start diggin into it after work. but for now. im late. ill keep you posted. i really appreciate your help man. youre a good dude

have a update. kinda. i havent started taking anything apart yet cuz my tools have apparently grown legs and walked off. but i noticed that if you continually up shift when in neutral if sounds like its catching a gear from the clicking sound but the neutral light stays on. dont know if it did that before. or if its supposed to. when it comes down to it i really dont know anything about this thing. also if i down shift, it makes the same noise and does the same exact thing. only difference is the neutral light turns off.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Stacy Hanks
      I have  2000 Yamaha bear tracker 250 - igniton relay and starter relay both were replaced also the neutral switch indicator was replaced-- bike will not show light on for neutral or start when button is pushed

• By Tahj
      I am looking to see why my 2005 Grizzly  660 won't crank. I have set the valves but suspect a loose timing chain.
      When working to remove the valve cover I found a "cap tensioner case" - parts #25  - #299 on Babbitts site.
      The  cover seems to bridge the valve cover and the cylinder head. What the hell is it and what surprises will I  find if I remove it?
      Uncharted territory for me.
    • By Jeff Comstock
      Help a brother four legger out
       Bayou300 acts like it's flooding if it's it's in the Alabama sun all day but, I've cleaned the carb. Sometimes it'll backfire even though the timing and valve lash are in spec. Thought it was sticking float but after 2 times cleaning the carb I'm lost. So
    • By Wali
      I was riding my 400ex one day and when i shut it off to put it in the garage i tried to start it put again to drive it into the garge and it wouldnt start.I put a compression tester on it and its like 30 psi with out throttle and 0 psi WITH THROTTLE.
      when i put my finger over the hole it fell likes its pulling my finger in more then its pushing it out 

Has good spark.When i took it into the shop the said it had 1oz of oil in it and a tiny pit of metal shaving(TINY BIT LIKE 30 flakes)
      When i try to pull start (push start/roll start) it made a not normal sound  and wouldnt stay running.
      If my bottom end is blow why would it still turn over fine,
      Are my valves siezed or not working properly 
      or is my timing off causeing valves to not open in correct order with fire 
      PLEASE HELP all help is appreciated 
    • By Richard Western
      Hi guys,
      I am hoping someone might be able to help me out. My Kawasaki 300 4x4 has an issue where it doesn't seem to want to go into neutral and also it will shift into reverse without using the lockout knob.
      If anyone can suggest what to look at it would be very much appreciated.
      Thanks.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By sloundez
      Does anyone out there know where I can get a functional pair of wheel cylinders for subject ATV? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks
    • By Npeters
      Im working on a old 1987 honda 125 4 wheeler in the school shop. It will start by getting pulled by another 4 wheeler but wont start with the pull start or Electric Start. When you pull start it it tries to start but when you try the electric start it just turns over but doesnt even act like it wants to start. The spark plug is dry and it shoots fuel out of the back(air filter side) of the carb. Weve had the carb off twice and it is complety clean. What are some things we can try?
    • By marcuslachance
      I
      I bought a Honda 250sx 1986 but the exhaust is broken. Apparently it's not possible to order a new one. I checked to order one on others compagny but there's noting.
      Do you know which exhaust it's possible to install. Is there a company who sold an exaust to fit on my 250sx.
      Sorry for my english
      Thank you
      Marc
    • By JenWal85
      Hope someone can help with this one.
      We took our 1984 Honda TRX 200 to the shop and they had it for about 2 weeks before they finally called and said that they had cleaned the carb and changed the battery and that it had started up.
      We went and got it and when we got home it would not start so we called them, they said bring it back in, so we did. They called us the next day and said they changed the spark plug, and that it was running. We went and got it again and it ran when we drove it off the truck.
      We parked it for about an hour because we were going to get ready to go on a ride. Well, it wouldnt start again.
      So we called them and they said the last thing they could do was order a new CDI box and put that on. I decided to just buy it myself, so I didnt have to pay them labor again. We put the new one on today and its still not starting.
      Does anyone have any ideas on what we could check to see what in the world is going on with this thing?
      Please and Thank you